This is a man. He's over 40. He's a man.

kopp0e

On 11/30/2023 at 11:47 AM, blutow said:

With the exception of the Pirate back in the day, I think I'd have to rank Gundy as my favorite Big 12 coaching personality.  And he's a solid coach.  That said, fuck him this weekend.   

Agree. He is what he is and some of it is ok. Loyal, looks good in a mullet, a really good coach (especially for Okla State). 

He's above average at a place that's pretty much below average in everything.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 11/30/2023 at 11:47 AM, blutow said:

With the exception of the Pirate back in the day, I think I'd have to rank Gundy as my favorite Big 12 coaching personality.  And he's a solid coach.  That said, fuck him this weekend.   

I agree with everything you said, except 'fuck him this weekend.' Fuck him for all times.

1 hour ago, Okie State said:

Got damn it. I was hoping to never play those fucking weirdos again.

Unfortunately drawing them in Houston for the Texas Bowl not only means more of them in the area but more of their less refined fans as the upper crust isn't motivated to attend. 

My assumption that an upper crust of A&M fans exists is admittedly doing a lot of work in this post. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oh shit, Ollie’s got the Jimmys! He’s earned it. All indications are that we’ve NIL’d him and his OL to come back and he’s waiting for a big announcement. Hope it’s true. He’s a hell of a player and the fans love him. He’ll make bank in the NFL after next season. Get him some good NIL money, get one of those injury insurance policies, and let’s roll!

IMG_2779.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Are oSu fans really clamouring for more of this guy?

chris farley Tommy Callahan GIF

They're qb room must be absolute shit to want Bowman for another year.   He was trying really hard to keep atm  in their bowl game when it should have been a blowout.

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Are oSu fans really clamouring for more of this guy?

chris farley Tommy Callahan GIF

The guy who led us to 10 wins and a CCG appearance? Hell yeah I'll take him back. When he was good, he was pretty darn good. When he struggled, we weren't blocking well for the most part (also some footwork issues that hopefully can get fixed in the offseason). We kept most of the OL and offensive skill players and next year could be special. I'd rather roll with Bowman than hope Rangel or Flores break out. If nothing else, we won't monkey around with multiple QBs. A full offseason in the same system will be a good think. I expect him to be quite a bit better next year. At worse, he's a game manager who will have some unfortunate turnovers, but we dealt with that for the entirety of Spencer Sanders' career, and overcame them for the most part this season. Also, great Farley reference, he's got to at least have a few masters degrees after all this time. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Warning:  long cat

Yeah I don’t know how I feel about that…Rangel didn’t look all that great, and we haven’t even seen Flores yet.  Obviously everyone will key on Ollie, he’s likely to get injured at some point, and our defense just isn’t at ‘21 levels to roll with a fully one-dimensional offense. 

If someone can beat the ‘back-foot throws into coverage’ out of him, and he plays up to his Bedlam-level potential…he’d certainly be more than serviceable.  Obviously he knows our system and got us to ten wins, also he overall strikes me as a good ‘kid’…and that still counts with me in NIL/Superleague Land.

Gundy always goes with experience and we will be opening with an FCS Team that’s vying for the title this Sunday + Arky so a big step up in noncon and a lot more road games = someone getting ready to withdraw social security ‘under’ center suits me fine.  

Weirdly I’m sad to see lil Gundy enter the portal.  That designed QB run to the corner of the end zone against Aggy was creative, and the kind of ways to solve red zone woes when there’s 8 in the box eyeing Ollie but no respectable threat of a quick slant, effective screen or rub to the flat.  I could use a JW Walsh clone in my life.  

Gundy knows we aren’t Tier 1, and never will be.  There’s still a ton of opportunity for a school like us to be an attractive option for players to commit or transfer to, develop in a stable system, practice their craft and win a lot of games.

The 12-team playoff presents a lot of opportunity to still be on the national stage occasionally and I hope all the donors ponying up to keep our core OL/RB/WR are rewarded with a successful season next year.  

And I love gundy as our coach.  I hate his track record with QBs, wish he’d get a new OC, that he apparently watches bullshit OAN, and can be a total bonehead…but he loves my school, treats his players right, cut Tyreek Hill immediately, and obviously has character, not a bowl of dried rabbit turds like a Ryan Day.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Warning:  long cat

Yeah I don’t know how I feel about that…Rangel didn’t look all that great, and we haven’t even seen Flores yet.  Obviously everyone will key on Ollie, he’s likely to get injured at some point, and our defense just isn’t at ‘21 levels to roll with a fully one-dimensional offense. 

If someone can beat the ‘back-foot throws into coverage’ out of him, and he plays up to his Bedlam-level potential…he’d certainly be more than serviceable.  Obviously he knows our system and got us to ten wins, also he overall strikes me as a good ‘kid’…and that still counts with me in NIL/Superleague Land.

Gundy always goes with experience and we will be opening with an FCS Team that’s vying for the title this Sunday + Arky so a big step up in noncon and a lot more road games = someone getting ready to withdraw social security ‘under’ center suits me fine.  

Weirdly I’m sad to see lil Gundy enter the portal.  That designed QB run to the corner of the end zone against Aggy was creative, and the kind of ways to solve red zone woes when there’s 8 in the box eyeing Ollie but no respectable threat of a quick slant, effective screen or rub to the flat.  I could use a JW Walsh clone in my life.  

Gundy knows we aren’t Tier 1, and never will be.  There’s still a ton of opportunity for a school like us to be an attractive option for players to commit or transfer to, develop in a stable system, practice their craft and win a lot of games.

The 12-team playoff presents a lot of opportunity to still be on the national stage occasionally and I hope all the donors ponying up to keep our core OL/RB/WR are rewarded with a successful season next year.  

And I love gundy as our coach.  I hate his track record with QBs, wish he’d get a new OC, that he apparently watches bullshit OAN, and can be a total bonehead…but he loves my school, treats his players right, cut Tyreek Hill immediately, and obviously has character, not a bowl of dried rabbit turds like a Ryan Day.  

Next year is a big "if not this year when?" type year. I really didn't like the idea of throwing in a young newcomer at QB. Bowman will get all the snaps, almost the entirety of the offense around him will return, and we'll add depth since we didn't lose much in the portal. Yeah it'll be his 7th year, but he didn't play really at all for three years prior so improvement from the first to second year in a new system should be expected. He'll be better next year, I don't see any reason to doubt that.

You guys know I’ve been the Bowman apologist from day 1.  I believe I predicted a 10-win season this year…. It was looking dicey there for a bit but we pulled it off.

So I’ll say it now - we’ll win the Big 12 and go to the CFP next year. 

Boom.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, oSuJeff97 said:

You guys know I’ve been the Bowman apologist from day 1.  I believe I predicted a 10-win season this year…. It was looking dicey there for a bit but we pulled it off.

So I’ll say it now - we’ll win the Big 12 and go to the CFP next year. 

Boom.

eh if Cam Rising is healthy next year Utah looks really strong. 

Also this Tweet is hilarious

• Haha 6