Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

I disagree about the leadership part. From what I read and saw during the week and during the game last night I think he showed leadership and got the team fired up.

However, being a great QB is a lot more than having an NFL arm. Just as important is knowing when and where to throw the ball. Multiple times last night I yelled Sanders was wide open, Whittington was wide open. Some players develop that ability a lot quicker/slower than others and often sheltered kids growing up in upscale burbs are slower. Remember, Colt was a 3* Garrett Gilbert was a 5*. At some point people have to realize generational talent at the college level is a lot more than just an NFL arm.

I know QBR has it's flaws but at some point when a generational talent can't make at least top 20 on this list when 2 of the defenses are Rice and Wyoming those people making that analysis have to say maybe I was wrong. Watching what I did of Gabriel yesterday was scary. Every time the right receiver and put it right on the $.

2023 College Football Season Leaders Total QBR | ESPN

• Hook 'Em 1

Drops and that long Wyoming drive killed QEs production totals. He had an above average game all things considered. He made 2 bad throws one to Worthy and the Sanders end zone ball. 

It's also evident Sark was just trying to out athlete them and let his guys make plays instead of pushing it downfield all night. They won by 3 scores and didn't put a lick of creativity on film for the big 12. We'll see much more of out QE and Sark as league play starts next week. 

• Hook 'Em 4

9 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Drops and that long Wyoming drive killed QEs production totals. He had an above average game all things considered. He made 2 bad throws one to Worthy and the Sanders end zone ball. 

It's also evident Sark was just trying to out athlete them and let his guys make plays instead of pushing it downfield all night. They won by 3 scores and didn't put a lick of creativity on film for the big 12. We'll see much more of out QE and Sark as league play starts next week. 

Quinn had at least 4 bad throws. But the offense wasn’t on the field for very long and they were slow getting going. 

Some of you live in a world where once the ball leaves the QB hands whatever bad happens is everyone else's fault when it comes to Ewers. This offense has too many weapons for the offense to struggle against teams like Rice, and Wyoming. Even if we are running the most basic offenses we should be scoring at will and we aren't because Ewers just isn't consistent. He has bad mechanics and doesn't go through his progressions/read the field well at all. Starting to believe he just isn't that guy. 

Edited by SarkAfterDark
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Quinn had at least 4 bad throws. But the offense wasn’t on the field for very long and they were slow getting going. 

Either way it's not like he had some miserable day. With drops/pick six we only played like 2.5 quarters of offensive snaps. If Sark wanted to show out and throw for 400 the game plan would have been much different. 

3 hours ago, LebongJames said:

Quinn hates pressure. We need to be running a New England style offense that gets the ball out quick. Target Sanders, JWhitt and backs for quick plays. Establish the run and that will open up Mitchell and Worthy as the game goes on.

I think they did but a lot of those short quick passes to guys like Cook and Whitt were dropped as well or just had poor timing 

2 hours ago, Sir Ulrich said:

They won by 3 scores and didn't put a lick of creativity on film for the big 12.

We ran a double reverse on 3rd and 1, had multiple short yardage wildcat plays, and threw a touchdown to a defensive tackle.

Now maybe it’s a good idea to give teams something extra to practice for, but we weren’t completely vanilla last night. 

On 9/16/2023 at 11:19 PM, Ghost of Shag said:

Some of you are so desperate for good quarterback play that you’re going to continue making excuses for shitty play merely out of hope that Ewers is finally the one.

He misses wide open receivers badly.

He still doesn’t see the field well.

He still throws passes while jumping backward like the one that should have been picked in the end zone tonight.

He still doesn’t throw the deep ball well.

But I guess guess what I’m seeing is not what I think I’m seeing.

Yes, I’m sure you see the QB room better than Sarkisian does. I doubt seriously any of the flaws anyone here sees on the tv, or live, go unnoticed. The question is whether the alternative, right now, is better. 

2 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Yes, I’m sure you see the QB room better than Sarkisian does. I doubt seriously any of the flaws anyone here sees on the tv, or live, go unnoticed. The question is whether the alternative, right now, is better. 

When it comes to Texas fans, the best QB is always the backup!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

When it comes to Texas fans, the best QB is always the backup!

And I have no doubt that Murphy has the tools to kick ass at some point. That’s not even the question. 

The most frustrating part about games 1 and 3 is that he didn’t get more snaps. He needs more snaps but if he somehow gets thrown to the wolves this season, it’s probably not going to be as pretty as people hope. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

I don't think Quinn isn't the best QB in the room (although I wonder how good Arch already is) - I just wish he'd play better. 

Good news is this defense appears to be so fucking good that he shouldn't have to do a lot in most games. 

Just now, ztejas said:

I don't think Quinn isn't the best QB in the room (although I wonder how good Arch already is) - I just wish he'd play better. 

Good news is this defense appears to be so fucking good that he shouldn't have to do a lot in most games. 

I think everyone, Sarkisian and Ewers included, wishes the same thing. 

His intangibles have definitely taken a step up. He isn't turning the ball over and his poor man's rendition of bitch go fuck yourself was awesome. This version of Quinn probably finds a way to beat TCU and okie lite and gets us to 10-2 last season. 

Hopefully he's dialed in this week and we smoke Baylor off the jump.

22 minutes ago, ztejas said:

His intangibles have definitely taken a step up. He isn't turning the ball over and his poor man's rendition of bitch go fuck yourself was awesome. This version of Quinn probably finds a way to beat TCU and okie lite and gets us to 10-2 last season. 

Hopefully he's dialed in this week and we smoke Baylor off the jump.

I’ve mostly blocked out Oklahoma State, but I still think I remember a dropped, spot on TD and a called back TD run. Regardless, Texas wasn’t leaving Stillwater with a win last year. Not with that crew. 

1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said:

He threw to the wrong guy on every one of those.  Should have gone to Brooks, Whitt, Whitt again, and Sanders.

You are looking at those after the ball has been thrown

1) Double slants but defender is sitting between both AD and Whitt. With either slant if he throws it ahead of them he will be leading them straight into a defender for a "Travis Hunter". Quinn throws it on AD's back shoulder, hits him in the hands, but AD drops it. Looks like he was expecting him to sit the route down.

2) This was a solid read Quinn just put too much air under it. Anytime he is going to get sacked he just throws what he sees developing early but with a lot of air under it. He did this a couple times during Rice. He needed to rifle this one in there but if he stands in there to make the throw he will get sacked before he can get rid of it. Banks followed the guy looping around to the inside and left the dude on the edge untouched. I can't see whether or not the LG had a man but if not Banks should've passed him off.

3) This one is subjective. Before the release of the ball the corner passes off Sanders and sits in his area. He is underneath the dig Whitt is running. If Quinn were to look there its likely the corner drifts backwards right into that throw. The throw only looks open once Quinn lets it go to Worthy.

4) This one is a misread but Sanders may not be open either. In my opinion, whoever this ball goes to is going to get popped by the same guy who is sitting over both routes. The routes they are running makes it easy for him to defend both options. Once again, we are only saying that Sanders was open because he looked open after Quinn already threw it.

What really bothers me about each of these is they all could've been easily avoidable if we were using sight adjustments. We are shifting and motioning almost every play. That means these guys should know what they are looking at based on how the defense reacts to a simple motion man. As soon as you see that your route concepts should change. Instead of running a man beater/rub route like the one in the third example, we should be sitting in zones and letting Quinn deliver the football. You can see Sanders run his route at the slot defender as if he is trying to pick him. We need to get that shit fixed. It's not hard at all, and our lack of adjustments against the looks we are getting is why we struggle. That last frame doesn't look like Tampa 2. It looks like the same 3 high we always struggle against. Tampa 2 usually the MB carries the deep middle. Anyway, if both receiver and QB understand what they are looking at they would know that Sanders is going to get passed off and become the safety's responsibility, and that area in the middle of the field in front of the safety is wide open. A dig there would be open. Instead Sanders runs a lazy vertical route 6 yards apart of Helm. All the safety has to do is position himself in the middle.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, satyanash said:

I watched that 1st one live and thought Mitchell needed to sit on the route.  You throw that out in front and it is a potential pick 6. Probably should of just thrown this one through the endzone.   Not so sure on the last one. Safety looks like he is in position to make a play on Sanders or Helm, spacing looks off. 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Thatguy said:

1) Double slants but defender is sitting between both AD and Whitt. With either slant if he throws it ahead of them he will be leading them straight into a defender for a "Travis Hunter". Quinn throws it on AD's back shoulder, hits him in the hands, but AD drops it. Looks like he was expecting him to sit the route down.

2) This was a solid read Quinn just put too much air under it. Anytime he is going to get sacked he just throws what he sees developing early but with a lot of air under it. He did this a couple times during Rice. He needed to rifle this one in there but if he stands in there to make the throw he will get sacked before he can get rid of it. Banks followed the guy looping around to the inside and left the dude on the edge untouched. I can't see whether or not the LG had a man but if not Banks should've passed him off.

3) This one is subjective. Before the release of the ball the corner passes off Sanders and sits in his area. He is underneath the dig Whitt is running. If Quinn were to look there its likely the corner drifts backwards right into that throw. The throw only looks open once Quinn lets it go to Worthy.

4) This one is a misread but Sanders may not be open either. In my opinion, whoever this ball goes to is going to get popped by the same guy who is sitting over both routes. The routes they are running makes it easy for him to defend both options. Once again, we are only saying that Sanders was open because he looked open after Quinn already threw it.

What really bothers me about each of these is they all could've been easily avoidable if we were using sight adjustments. We are shifting and motioning almost every play. That means these guys should know what they are looking at based on how the defense reacts to a simple motion man. As soon as you see that your route concepts should change. Instead of running a man beater/rub route like the one in the third example, we should be sitting in zones and letting Quinn deliver the football. You can see Sanders run his route at the slot defender as if he is trying to pick him. We need to get that shit fixed. It's not hard at all, and our lack of adjustments against the looks we are getting is why we struggle. That last frame doesn't look like Tampa 2. It looks like the same 3 high we always struggle against. Tampa 2 usually the MB carries the deep middle. Anyway, if both receiver and QB understand what they are looking at they would know that Sanders is going to get passed off and become the safety's responsibility, and that area in the middle of the field in front of the safety is wide open. A dig there would be open. Instead Sanders runs a lazy vertical route 6 yards apart of Helm. All the safety has to do is position himself in the middle.

You're digging very deep to make excuses for poor qb play, which hasn't improved much from last season. If Quinn were a moderate 3 star talent coming out of hs, most fans would already be clamoring for one of our backups to play. This team has enough talent to win the big 12 and contend in the playoffs. Quinn's play is ultimately the biggest limiter on how far this team will go.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Lol…

Drops and the interior OL are the biggest factors on determining this teams success. 

4 drops in limited offensive snaps is horrendous. 

Can QE be better? Absolutely. But if our guards can keep interior pressure/stunts from running up the gut and our pass catchers can put together a game without multiple drops, we will crush every team on the schedule. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, LoyalHorn said:

You're digging very deep to make excuses for poor qb play, which hasn't improved much from last season. If Quinn were a moderate 3 star talent coming out of hs, most fans would already be clamoring for one of our backups to play. This team has enough talent to win the big 12 and contend in the playoffs. Quinn's play is ultimately the biggest limiter on how far this team will go.

Fans clamor for all kinds of dumb shit and, no, not “most.”

I’d say the OL sets the ceiling. If they can keep him clean and give the backs somewhere to go, Ewers is protecting the ball well enough and the D is playing well enough to compete with anyone. If he’s getting pressure up the middle and teams don’t have to play the run honestly, it will be an uphill slog. 

• Hook 'Em 3

16 hours ago, Thatguy said:

I'm only glancing at the gifs due to lack of time, but I see #2 as partly a footwork issue by Quinn.  Either his feet or his brain are too slow to halt the drop back at the moment he sees Sanders look promising.  Instead the pressure and footwork keep him moving back and just slings his arm forward hoping it gets to Sanders before the window closes.  He's deeply entrenched in his ball flip, and lackadaisical back pedal

More I look at the rest, hitching and bad feet are affecting ball placement and velocity.  Also to his credit his feet are a bit faster now than last year, but still not good enough, and the ball flip is thankfully rarer as well.  Seems like we have a camp queen that's getting coached to be a proper QB, if he had simply been described as a high ceiling project as a recruit it would all make more sense to the cfb world.

Edited by squeegeedegg
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Lol????

How many balls did Quinn throw that didn't hit receivers in the hands? My count is 5. Overthrow to Worthy. Three throws to Sanders. High throw to Whitt. Worthy dropped the RPO. AD dropped the slant. Helm dropped the pass up the sideline. Cook dropped the swing pass. Whit dropped a screen. That is 5 dropped passes that hit receivers in both hands. Now watch the teams we play. Who is dropping passes like that? How many passes did Bama's receivers drop? Milroe threw a ball so high the receiver landed on his head. No drop. 

Great receivers not only don't drop the ball consistently but they also win those 50/50 balls. The only player that has done that is Mitchell. 

Quinn struggles at times. We all see that. What I am saying is there are more factors than just "Quinn sucks". 

Unfortunately, you probably need to add per-snap penalties. I wish it was just one thing. Go through the misses this season and it is drop, poor read, poor throw, poor spacing/route, poor protection. Quinn has his issues, but overall he is not getting a lot of help. The litany of miscues makes it tough for the offense to get in rhythm. 

• Hook 'Em 2

50 minutes ago, squeegeedegg said:

I'm only glancing at the gifs due to lack of time, but I see #2 as partly a footwork issue by Quinn.  Either his feet or his brain are too slow to halt the drop back at the moment he sees Sanders look promising.  Instead the pressure and footwork keep him moving back and just slings his arm forward hoping it gets to Sanders before the window closes.  He's deeply entrenched in his ball flip, and lackadaisical back pedal

More I look at the rest, hitching and bad feet are affecting ball placement and velocity.  Also to his credit his feet are a bit faster now than last year, but still not good enough, and the ball flip is thankfully rarer as well.  Seems like we have a camp queen that's getting coached to be a proper QB, if he had simply been described as a high ceiling project as a recruit it would all make more sense to the cfb world.

Number 2 Quinn has a D-lineman come completely unblocked so he just let it go off his back foot which is a bad habit Quinn has in general.  His issue with his footwork is two fold.

1) Quinn has such a strong arm he hasn't really needed his feet to get the ball there. He can flick a ball with good velocity without ever even stepping into it. Which brings up to problem number 2.

2) His foot alignment doesn't always match his arm alignment. Think of it like a golf swing. Some people's swing path is aligned with the target but their feet are pointing somewhere else. Makes the ball do funny things. Case in point look at his feet when he overthrew Worthy here at the 57:17 point of the video. Feet are pointing north-south but throwing northeast. A 45 degree difference in the two doesn't help accuracy. Now, the ability to "Mahomes" the ball is what makes him special, but it should be an emergency thing he uses rather than the regular. He just needs to understand that he doesn't need to do it all the time and lean on proper feet/arm alignment and he will have less of these days in the future.

Screenshot(397).thumb.png.1ae488024398cc62a0028996c5b41e88.png

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Codaxx said:

Unfortunately, you probably need to add per-snap penalties. I wish it was just one thing. Go through the misses this season and it is drop, poor read, poor throw, poor spacing/route, poor protection. Quinn has his issues, but overall he is not getting a lot of help. The litany of miscues makes it tough for the offense to get in rhythm. 

For real!

People here should pay attention to how teams are playing us and what that says about what they think our weaknesses are. Teams are saying you can't play "take what the defense gives you" football, and go on a 12-15 play drive without shooting yourself in the foot somewhere along the way. We are going to have a procedural penalty. A drop. A bad throw. Or someone on the line is going to let a guy come completely unblocked at the worst time when we have a guy wide open in the end zone. This weekend we had multiple on the same drive to make sure we kill it.

1st series-We come right out and get a false start. Next play we throw a ball that's not at all perfect but hits X in the hands that he dropped. Would've been a 1st. Next play we throw the ball to AD that he dropped that would've been at least a manageable 3rd and we drop that too.

2nd series- We hit Krob for 16. We miss Sanders in the corner of the end zone. We get it to 3rd down and a rusher is completely unblocked on what otherwise would've been a TD throw.

Ugh

5 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

For real!

People here should pay attention to how teams are playing us and what that says about what they think our weaknesses are. Teams are saying you can't play "take what the defense gives you" football, and go on a 12-15 play drive without shooting yourself in the foot somewhere along the way. We are going to have a procedural penalty. A drop. A bad throw. Or someone on the line is going to let a guy come completely unblocked at the worst time when we have a guy wide open in the end zone. This weekend we had multiple on the same drive to make sure we kill it.

1st series-We come right out and get a false start. Next play we throw a ball that's not at all perfect but hits X in the hands that he dropped. Would've been a 1st. Next play we throw the ball to AD that he dropped that would've been at least a manageable 3rd and we drop that too.

2nd series- We hit Krob for 16. We miss Sanders in the corner of the end zone. We get it to 3rd down and a rusher is completely unblocked on what otherwise would've been a TD throw.

Ugh

offense is kind of simple. If you stay on schedule you can be highly efficient. You face a lot of 3rd and 8s, you will probably look like shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

Lol????

How many balls did Quinn throw that didn't hit receivers in the hands? My count is 5. Overthrow to Worthy. Three throws to Sanders. High throw to Whitt. Worthy dropped the RPO. AD dropped the slant. Helm dropped the pass up the sideline. Cook dropped the swing pass. Whit dropped a screen. That is 5 dropped passes that hit receivers in both hands. Now watch the teams we play. Who is dropping passes like that? How many passes did Bama's receivers drop? Milroe threw a ball so high the receiver landed on his head. No drop. 

Great receivers not only don't drop the ball consistently but they also win those 50/50 balls. The only player that has done that is Mitchell. 

Quinn struggles at times. We all see that. What I am saying is there are more factors than just "Quinn sucks". 

It'd be nice if PFF tracked that stat. It can be a little tricky to determine what qualifies as a drop but at least there'd be an idea. I remember during the first quarter (at least I think it was the first quarter) a graphic came up that said our WRs had 8 dropped passes through 2 games. That doesn't seem optimal & there were at least 4 straight drops vs. Wyoming and maybe another 1 or 2 depending on how hard you're going to be on the WRs. They make some excellent catches & drop some easier ones. Either way, it's not all on Quinn, he needs to be better as does the OL & WRs/RBs/TEs

1 hour ago, Codaxx said:

Quinn has his issues, but overall he is not getting a lot of help.

Oh bullshit. Quinn is getting a ton of help on both sides of the ball. Worthy took a screen 40 yards to the house last game that 99% of WRs in college football get 10 yards out of. Worthy, Sanders and Whitt are all elite YAC players.

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Oh bullshit. Quinn is getting a ton of help on both sides of the ball. Worthy took a screen 40 yards to the house last game that 99% of WRs in college football get 10 yards out of. Worthy, Sanders and Whitt are all elite YAC players.

Why do people respond to comment and mention a single play? A play that Quinn made an excellent read on, he could of just handed it off. I am guessing you didnt notice that.  Texas is averaging ~4 drops a game.  The run game is inconsistent at best. Couple decent 4Qs, but let me know what you see early in games. Probably see multiple pre-snap penalties. He is one game removed from being the national darling after the Bama game. 

Edited by Codaxx

1 hour ago, Codaxx said:

Even ignoring the poor reads, throws, protection, other, there's a stat done by someone that says Texas is 6th worst in the country in dropped passes. We hired a new WR coach and former NFL player who not only is supposed to know how to catch a football, but is probably in the top 6 of highest paid WR coaches in the country. Why in the hell can't he teach our WR's how to catch a football???  I learned how to catch a football playing flag football when I was 9 years old playing flag football and have caught passes much more difficult than our WR's are dropping. And now way could I ever even be a walk on at Texas. WTF is up with this Chris Jackson???

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Also there's someone wide open on damn near every play. Most of the drops have been contested. Or required adjustments.

Cook drop hits both hands uncontested. Whitt drop on the screen uncontested. AD Mitchell drop uncontested. Only 2 of the 3 were contested.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Hard Times said:

Even ignoring the poor reads, throws, protection, other, there's a stat done by someone that says Texas is 6th worst in the country in dropped passes. We hired a new WR coach and former NFL player who not only is supposed to know how to catch a football, but is probably in the top 6 of highest paid WR coaches in the country. Why in the hell can't he teach our WR's how to catch a football???  I learned how to catch a football playing flag football when I was 9 years old playing flag football and have caught passes much more difficult than our WR's are dropping. And now way could I ever even be a walk on at Texas. WTF is up with this Chris Jackson???

It is usually more about concentration, than anything else. Lot of drops are guys thinking about the next move, instead of concentrating on the catch. Its like asking how can a hall of Fame WR like Terrell Owens make amazing highlight catches all the time and still be known for dropping the occasional easy pass. The big knock on Quinten Johnson comign out of college was his 11.8% drop rate and he still went in the 1st round. Some guys just dont have great hands. 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Like 1

Some funny takes in here. Quinn will be fine. The play calling wasn't great. Receivers weren't very good. I counted 5 drops maybe it was 4....who cares. Quinn threw the ball poorly at times, made bad reads at times. The defense confused him and he didn't know where to go with the ball. He was confused because he wasn't prepared for what they were doing. Quinn didn't execute, Sark didn't prepare him.

I had a ignoramus sitting behind me who after the second dropped pass in a row said " he needs to throw the ball downfield". I turned around and told him the receivers needed to learn to catch the ball before they throw it at all.

Quinn appears to need to get in a rhythm with easy completions, that obviously didn't happen.

1st play on offense, false start now behind the chains. next play, RPO pass to X, broken up, good play by defender, ball well thrown. Next pass/play some would say was behind AD but it hit him in the hands and if had lead him he would have been destroyed by the defender sitting in zone waiting on it. Next pass over thrown to JWhitt on 3 and 15, we punt. Quinn 0-3, so much for a good start.

Next pass on 1st down, swing pass to Robinson.........we need more of this out of the 2 back set. Works well against this fly over defense. Colorado did a ton of this against TCU. Next pass/play to JT in the end zone, well covered on deep routes, should have dumped it to Brooks for 5 yard gain. Next play we finally run the ball....Quinn 1 for 5, not how you want to start. Next play, 3rd and 7 terrible read and throw off his back foot to Sanders that should have been picked off. Worthy appeared wide open but I'm pretty sure the safety was just playing center field. Regardless, that would have put Worthy 1v1 against a safety, that is the throw to attempt. Quinn 1 for 6.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Some funny takes in here. Quinn will be fine. The play calling wasn't great. Receivers weren't very good. I counted 5 drops maybe it was 4....who cares. Quinn threw the ball poorly at times, made bad reads at times. The defense confused him and he didn't know where to go with the ball. He was confused because he wasn't prepared for what they were doing. Quinn didn't execute, Sark didn't prepare him.

I had a ignoramus sitting behind me who after the second dropped pass in a row said " he needs to throw the ball downfield". I turned around and told him the receivers needed to learn to catch the ball before they throw it at all.

Quinn appears to need to get in a rhythm with easy completions, that obviously didn't happen.

1st play on offense, false start now behind the chains. next play, RPO pass to X, broken up, good play by defender, ball well thrown. Next pass/play some would say was behind AD but it hit him in the hands and if had lead him he would have been destroyed by the defender sitting in zone waiting on it. Next pass over thrown to JWhitt on 3 and 15, we punt. Quinn 0-3, so much for a good start.

Next pass on 1st down, swing pass to Robinson.........we need more of this out of the 2 back set. Works well against this fly over defense. Colorado did a ton of this against TCU. Next pass/play to JT in the end zone, well covered on deep routes, should have dumped it to Brooks for 5 yard gain. Next play we finally run the ball....Quinn 1 for 5, not how you want to start. Next play, 3rd and 7 terrible read and throw off his back foot to Sanders that should have been picked off. Worthy appeared wide open but I'm pretty sure the safety was just playing center field. Regardless, that would have put Worthy 1v1 against a safety, that is the throw to attempt. Quinn 1 for 6.

This reminds me. Baber said that Robinson has caught 30 of the 36 passes throw his way. He averages 11+ yac and ~10 per catch. So he pretty much gets a first down every time Texas throws him the ball behind the line of scrimmage. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

51:42 mark.

Oh damn. Yeah looks like he wasn't expecting it but definitely should have caught that. I haven't seen the whole game yet. Only got to see the first quarter. I thought you were talking about the opening drive when the DL got a hand on the ball and the ball went straight to the ground by Whitt's feet and the dumbass announcers were like "and Whittington just drops that ball" lmao. I was pissed. Trash ass announcers saying he dropped it and the ball never even got to his hands. But yeah it sounds like everyone had the drops this game. 

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet