Dallas Cowboys 2022 Regular Season Thread: Fuck Jerry Jones

Vic Mackey

You nailed it. The culture is the issue with this team. The Jimmy years are an anomaly; the culture issue goes back prior to The Catch. In some ways it goes back further to the days of Don Meredith and North Dallas Forty. Even when the team dominates the season there is a post season collapse.

There is a weird mix of arrogance, sloth, entitlement, enablement that just drives the soul out of the team come playoff time. I think the Star and the Stadium reflect and enable this flawed culture. Pampered players just don’t fight hard enough.

It’s just amazing listening to all the talk shows talk about how “awful” dallas was last week in GB.

Huh? The game where they scored 28 points. And lost in OT, on the road, to a deep aerate team, in an emotional game, with Aaron fucking Rodgers who lives to rip our heart out?

The talk about how Dak was so horrible? He wasn’t good by any stretch. Mid actually. But even after his 2nd pick…they STILL put up 14 MORE points and had a 28-14 lead late in the 2nd half.

That game was lost because the defense couldn’t stop the run. Something we knew could happen.

But the way people talked you’d think they lost 31-3 or something.

Yes it was a bad loss. But the boys didn’t play terrible. They just chocked a game away.

They’re still a top 2-3 team in the NFC. Even after that loss.

Also, if they don’t catch the eagles imagine that playoff run they may have to go through. Bucs on the road(wild card) Eagles on the road(1 seed Vs lowest seeded winner) San Fran(3 seed after they beat Minny or whoever) on the road.

Tv networks would love that type of run. Would be a damned bear impossible run for Dallas to get out of.

Only thing more epic would be Dallas/chiefs SB on top of that

Cowboys now #3 in this weekly power rankings behind Chiefs and Eagles. Niners 5. The dude bases it on nebulous criteria.

And a first. Angry Runs on GMFB is a great segment. A Cowboy has never won and rarely a nomination. Today two nominations: Michael Gallup for his crazy catch then banging up and thru a couple of Vikes. But the winner of the first Cowboy scepter is Kavasi Turpin for the punt return where he waylaid a Vike safety. 153 pound number 9. Can’t wait to see how Cowboys marketing plays it up next Tuesday.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Drew said:

It’s just amazing listening to all the talk shows talk about how “awful” dallas was last week in GB.

Huh? The game where they scored 28 points. And lost in OT, on the road, to a deep aerate team, in an emotional game, with Aaron fucking Rodgers who lives to rip our heart out?

The talk about how Dak was so horrible? He wasn’t good by any stretch. Mid actually. But even after his 2nd pick…they STILL put up 14 MORE points and had a 28-14 lead late in the 2nd half.

That game was lost because the defense couldn’t stop the run. Something we knew could happen.

Yes it was a bad loss. But the boys didn’t play terrible. They just chocked a game away.

Also, if they don’t catch the eagles imagine that playoff run they may have to go through. Bucs on the road(wild card) Eagles on the road(1 seed Vs lowest seeded winner) San Fran(3 seed after they beat Minny or whoever) on the road.

Tv networks would love that type of run. Would be a damned bear impossible run for Dallas to get out of.

shut the fuck up drew

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Drew said:

Yeah don’t want SF or TB in the first round, but that’s probably who we would get. We seem to have terrible luck with playoff matchups.

• Like 1

Jefferson wasn't even the Vikings leading receiver today. I think you owe a little bit more an apology than that.

So Joseph was supposed to alternate series with Antonio Brown, who was returning from concussion protocol Sunday. Brown ended up playing 95% of the plays as Joseph was done at the end of the 1 Q with “ sickness”. No wonder we did good.

NFL Network Thanksgiving tribute to Madden by running  an old game, so of course totally at random they pick the shitty Chan Gailey era Cowboys getting blown out by the Vikings. Fuck you, Goodell.

Edited by DougO
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 11/21/2022 at 3:53 PM, Sawbonz said:

Hosting a wildcard. 50-50 we win that. Go on the road the next week and lose. That’s the best you get until Jerry is gone

The conference is SF’s or Dallas’s. Giants, Vikings and Eagles - in that order - are frauds. Cowboys must get the 1 seed. 

Fucking Coltzs. Had Philly put away. Hopefully Packers then Titans take care of biz with them. Besides us they have to play Giants twice. We have to win east and could be 1 seed.
Dallas fucked up by losing the Green Bay game. Up 14 with 8min to go. Absolutely can't lose that type of game in a race for the division. It's going to be hard to overcome that. 2 game deficit and Philly has already beat us. Zero room for error now. If we can't win the East, we will be the 5 seed and have to play 3 road games to get to the Super Bowl not a recipe for success
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:
4 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:
Fucking Coltzs. Had Philly put away. Hopefully Packers then Titans take care of biz with them. Besides us they have to play Giants twice. We have to win east and could be 1 seed.

Dallas fucked up by losing the Green Bay game. Up 14 with 8min to go. Absolutely can't lose that type of game in a race for the division. It's going to be hard to overcome that. 2 game deficit and Philly has already beat us. Zero room for error now. If we can't win the East, we will be the 5 seed and have to play 3 road games to get to the Super Bowl not a recipe for success

Need to beat Philly and have someone else beat them. Still very possible. Could Green Bay hang in there with Philly?  The eagles looked shaky against the Texans and Colts.

• Like 1

Need to beat Philly and have someone else beat them. Still very possible. Could Green Bay hang in there with Philly?  The eagles looked shaky against the Texans and Colts.
I think Minnesota can beat them but we'll see if they are truly frauds. Every single win was a one score game and they could have easily lost most of them. And Washington beat them pretty good and Colts should have beaten them so it's not like they are world beaters. They give off 2020 Steelers vibes to me. Start off with a ton of wins in a row and then fizzle out to end the season.

Hell we could have beaten them with Rush after he threw 3 picks. They can be had.

But if they get the 1 seed, they get the bye and every game at home. The difference in the 1 and 2 seed is massive now days with the extra team added into the playoffs. Since that 2 seed doesn't get the bye.
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

I can't stand that piece of shit but shouldn't shit on him for being a bystander in a historical race issue at his school as a 15 yr old kid 65 years ago. 

Should definitely shit on him for being currently politically aligned with white supremacist politicians and refusing to do anything at all to make the NFL more racially inclusive to minority (not just black) coaches and management. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I can't stand that piece of shit but shouldn't shit on him for being a bystander in a historical race issue at his school as a 15 yr old kid 65 years ago. 
Should definitely shit on him for being currently politically aligned with white supremacist politicians and refusing to do anything at all to make the NFL more racially inclusive to minority (not just black) coaches and management. 
They go hand in hand to me. And a direct correlation. That time period is relatively not that long ago. And you rarely change your feathers. And it's of no surprise be was there in the middle of it. He acknowledged it was him in the picture around 2010 but never gave any context or explanation. Absolutely nothing will come of it except hand wringing on the internet. And I'm not sure what, if any, consequences should come of it.

The conference is SF’s or Dallas’s. Giants, Vikings and Eagles - in that order - are frauds. Cowboys must get the 1 seed. 

Agreed. Think we’ve seen the difference in this pass rush and defense overall between outdoors and in a dome. Going to Tampa/San Fran/Philly in the winter on grass will suck.

.9d0ba4d4100f0c2565f988af6bb545c5.jpg

1 throw at or behind the line of scrimmage? Damn.

Also? That missed FG really changes the “look” of that game. They go up 31-3 with the time left and I don’t think the giants try so hard to score. Even against the prevent defense we were playing.

And 31-13, after that first half and with all the mistakes, following up 40-3, and man it’d be tough to nitpick too much.
  • Like 1

I think OBJ would be good if it is a short term deal. Getting him for next season also will help with some potential transition/depth issues. But I don't expect him to be any kind of secret weapon that dominates games, he'll just be another capable receiver that come add to the offense. But yeah, there is potential for him being a disruptive diva when things don't go his way, so they don't need to be chained to him with a stupidass contract for several years.

1 hour ago, DougO said:

I think OBJ would be good if it is a short term deal. Getting him for next season also will help with some potential transition/depth issues. But I don't expect him to be any kind of secret weapon that dominates games, he'll just be another capable receiver that come add to the offense. But yeah, there is potential for him being a disruptive diva when things don't go his way, so they don't need to be chained to him with a stupidass contract for several years.

I'm not a fan of his antics but he's another weapon and for the short term I'm all for it.

OBJ will command attention on the field. That attention is taken away from Gallup and Ceedee. I want him to occupy space and bodies. We’ve seen what cd and Gallup can do with Noah brown on the field. Have teams focused elsewhere and this offense just got scary before playoffs 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1