Dallas Cowboys 2022 Regular Season Thread: Fuck Jerry Jones

Vic Mackey

3 hours ago, DougO said:

Nothing in particular triggered ditching Cooper. He was being payed a top 5 NFL receiver salary, for being like the number 35 receiver. He didn't meld over the long haul, and there was no reason to believe he ever would, at least with Dak. They got out from under it. 

The math on Cooper just didn't work over the span of his deal, so they found someone else to take it. It's that simple.

13th in receiving yards and T-4th in TDs this year with Jacoby Brissett throwing him the ball. From 2018-2021, he averaged 1,043 yards and 7 TDs per season. He’s on pace for 1,224 and 11 this year. It was an idiotic move and your incessant commentary about it is irritating. And I see you brought your “Fecals” bad bullshit back. Go get your shine box Doug. 

15 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

From 2018-2021, he averaged 1,043 yards and 7 TDs per season.

Not top 5 NFL salary numbers by a longshot. Thanks for to supporting the facts for a change.

Edited by DougO

7 hours ago, DougO said:

Not top 5 NFL salary numbers by a longshot. Thanks for to supporting the facts for a change.

This. The focus isn’t the 5th round pick it’s the contract he would have demanded. If you weren’t going to pay it, getting anything is better than nothing. His numbers are good but he also disappeared for long stretches when he was here, not sure if that’s the case now. Either way, I think Lamb has shown he’s more than capable and the rest of the corp is doing fine, Gallup is for real. If Dak is healthy and protected, he’s finding guys, I’m fine with the decision to not pay Cooper.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DougO said:

I never said he was a Top 5 receiver. He’s far from 35th. He’s borderline to 10. 

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

This. The focus isn’t the 5th round pick it’s the contract he would have demanded. If you weren’t going to pay it, getting anything is better than nothing. His numbers are good but he also disappeared for long stretches when he was here, not sure if that’s the case now. Either way, I think Lamb has shown he’s more than capable and the rest of the corp is doing fine, Gallup is for real. If Dak is healthy and protected, he’s finding guys, I’m fine with the decision to not pay Cooper.

I understand - at least you’re making a sensible point instead of mindlessly harping on your perception of his value/production. Wait until you see what we pay OBJ, and Cooper is far more capable. This offense can stagnate at any time, and likely at the worst time. I’m in favor of signing OBJ. I’d have been much more in favor of retaining Amari. 

4 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

I never said he was a Top 5 receiver. He’s far from 35th. He’s borderline to 10. 

I understand - at least you’re making a sensible point instead of mindlessly harping on your perception of his value/production. Wait until you see what we pay OBJ, and Cooper is far more capable. This offense can stagnate at any time, and likely at the worst time. I’m in favor of signing OBJ. I’d have been much more in favor of retaining Amari. 

It'll depend on how much they pay OBJ and how he performs. I have no idea if he's capable of being a difference maker. Either way, we overpaid Zeke I think because we drafted him so high, and he was still really productive (and is still productive though his next contract won't be nearly as high). We didn't really have that tie to Cooper. I see that as the main difference. Also, Brissett is top 10 in QBR and is finding other guys, it's not like he's some scrub and that Cooper is somehow doing well in spite of Brissett. I don't see Cooper as a guy who necessarily makes a QB significantly better on his own, at least not at this point in his career.

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

It'll depend on how much they pay OBJ and how he performs. I have no idea if he's capable of being a difference maker. Either way, we overpaid Zeke I think because we drafted him so high, and he was still really productive (and is still productive though his next contract won't be nearly as high). We didn't really have that tie to Cooper. I see that as the main difference. Also, Brissett is top 10 in QBR and is finding other guys, it's not like he's some scrub and that Cooper is somehow doing well in spite of Brissett. I don't see Cooper as a guy who necessarily makes a QB significantly better on his own, at least not at this point in his career.

Brissett isn’t a scrub but that he’s top 10 in QBR tells you about the current state of QB play in the league. Zeke is still productive, but Cooper is much more so. I don’t care why you have ties to people - it was idiotic to let him walk for nothing. 

19 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

anyone have the Washington Post story on Jerry and the picture?  Haven't read it yet

All I know is he was 14 in the picture, and he was the only NFL owner willing to sit down for that particular interview on the topic.

ESPN radio was lamenting poor ole LeBron’s victimhood this morning. It’s bullshit and he knows it. 

Edited by slorch

1 hour ago, slorch said:

All I know is he was 14 in the picture, and he was the only NFL owner willing to sit down for that particular interview on the topic.

ESPN radio was lamenting poor ole LeBron’s victimhood this morning. It’s bullshit and he knows it. 

James is a clown. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Fuck Jerry Jones, but I'd be more surprised if in 1957 there were any white 14 year old kids in Little Rock Arkansas who thought to themselves at the time "the way we treat Black people is wrong." I don't think I know anything about his family, but I'd say its more likely than not that his parents were at least as racist as the average white Arkansan at the time, so even if he was there to protest, he's 14 and the product of his upbringing. Jerry sucks for a lot of reasons, including his terrible response to race issues in sports over the last decade, but I don't think any different of him because of that photo. It's not like he's gone Marge Schott or anything. And this is coming from a big 'ol lib and my fandom of the Cowboys has nothing to do with Jerry, if anything, it's in spite of him. As an aside, Lebron is free to say or ask whatever the hell he wants, but he sure as fuck lacks some credibility with his Chinese and sweatshop stuff he pretends isn't relevant somehow.

If anything, I think this speaks to how recent these events were. People are still alive who were grownups at the time the vast majority of which were either fine with or actively supported segregation and the horrible things that went with it. They are still among us and voting in elections. This rebuts any notion that it doesn't matter anymore or has been somehow eradicated. It hasn't, it's still with us, and still relevant. 

Edit to add that if the question is whether it's fair or right for the media to have picked up on the photo, it's relevant, and he should be asked the question, which the Post apparently did. I'd like to see him come out deeper with some messaging, but it would almost certainly just make it worse, because he sucks as bad as most people do on race relations, he's better off just shutting up.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Fuck Jerry Jones, but I'd be more surprised if in 1957 there were any white 14 year old kids in Little Rock Arkansas who thought to themselves at the time "the way we treat Black people is wrong." I don't think I know anything about his family, but I'd say its more likely than not that his parents were at least as racist as the average white Arkansan at the time, so even if he was there to protest, he's 14 and the product of his upbringing. Jerry sucks for a lot of reasons, including his terrible response to race issues in sports over the last decade, but I don't think any different of him because of that photo. It's not like he's gone Marge Schott or anything. And this is coming from a big 'ol lib and my fandom of the Cowboys has nothing to do with Jerry, if anything, it's in spite of him. As an aside, Lebron is free to say or ask whatever the hell he wants, but he sure as fuck lacks some credibility with his Chinese and sweatshop stuff he pretends isn't relevant somehow.

If anything, I think this speaks to how recent these events were. People are still alive who were grownups at the time the vast majority of which were either fine with or actively supported segregation and the horrible things that went with it. They are still among us and voting in elections. This rebuts any notion that it doesn't matter anymore or has been somehow eradicated. It hasn't, it's still with us, and still relevant. 

Edit to add that if the question is whether it's fair or right for the media to have picked up on the photo, it's relevant, and he should be asked the question, which the Post apparently did. I'd like to see him come out deeper with some messaging, but it would almost certainly just make it worse, because he sucks as bad as most people do on race relations, he's better off just shutting up.

That’s a lot of words to say Jerry sucks, but that photo is a non-story. 

The fact people will pass this off as it just being apart of the times and it's no big deal because that's how it was is disturbing. People make a lot of excuses for the behavior and way of life back then. All those people in that picture are scum. And those same people today are trying to diminish and hide those pictures. Fuck Jerry and all those fucks in this picture.

Also, a leopard doesn't change his spots. Especially with how Jerry dealt with the kneeling. It's who he is.
  • Hook 'Em 2

I remember my grandma alive even in the 90s dropping N bombs like it was no big deal. White people were on one side of the railroad tracks for much of her life and black people on the other side of town. Unfortunately it takes a lot of old whites to just die off to usher in less racism.

People don’t seem to realize what things were like a few generations ago. What it means to be racist has changed too. Differences between races were taught as scientific fact for a long time and people didn’t travel and intermingle as much so there was more of a natural us and them point of view, that’s how it had always been. The N word was common parlor 100 years ago. Times are different and when people try to look back on history and apply todays standards it’s foolish.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

The fact people will pass this off as it just being apart of the times and it's no big deal because that's how it was is disturbing. People make a lot of excuses for the behavior and way of life back then. All those people in that picture are scum. And those same people today are trying to diminish and hide those pictures. Fuck Jerry and all those fucks in this picture.

Also, a leopard doesn't change his spots. Especially with how Jerry dealt with the kneeling. It's who he is.

I’m sure there are plenty of kids raised in that era who were taught to hate and outgrew it as adults when they got to think for themselves. I felt very differently about gay people when I was 14 than I do now because of what I was taught back then and what I learned later. I doubt Jerry was ever a seething racist, but maybe he was, I think Arky was still segregated when he played. At some point he started working with Black people to run his football team. But his response to Kaepernick and everything that followed showed his roots and, at minimum, implicit biases. I generally don’t care about any of this, fuck him either way. If they can dig up worse stuff and force him to sell I’m all for it, maybe some black face Halloween photos?

• Like 1

On 12/1/2022 at 7:27 AM, 'stache said:

He's also disappeared in road games at Cleveland just like he did here and in Oakland.  Go look at his home/road splits.  It's insane.   

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

That photo tells me absolutely nothing.  Did Jerry just happen to be walking in that area and curious what all the kerfuffle was about?  Damn near looks like that according to his facial expression.  Doesn't look like he's angry or protesting shit.  Looks like he's looking on as one would nowadays with an iphone as a fight broke out in a bar taking video.  

Do I know that is what's going on?  Of course not.  Jerry could be a racist piece of shit.   He could also be an innocent bystander curious of the situation.  None of us will know.  What I do know is, if you listen or talk to any of the people that have played for his team, they would absolutely tell you he is not a racist piece of shit.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

That’s a ridiculous take.  Even for you. More Dak, less you. 

17 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

I mean, sure. But of all the rambling Jerrah has done over the years you'd think he would have let something slip that is more racist than this photo from 60 years ago. The cynic in me thinks this is a shiny object for the media to bloviate about that distracts from the fact that Cleveland will be starting Mr Small Massage Towel this Sunday.

• Like 2

I mean, sure. But of all the rambling Jerrah has done over the years you'd think he would have let something slip that is more racist than this photo from 60 years ago. The cynic in me thinks this is a shiny object for the media to bloviate about that distracts from the fact that Cleveland will be starting Mr Small Massage Towel this Sunday.

True listening to him it’s clear he puts no effort into thinking about what he says before he says it
  • Like 1

Yeah but sure what a 65 year old photo proves.

And the way Vic is hanging onto to “what you are at 14 is what you are at 80” is really something.

Of course people change. When it was the late 80s and early 90s and the AIDS epidemic was high and misunderstood, we were basically being taught that gay people were wrong snd “sinning”. What. The fuck did I know at 13/14?

No I’m like, whatever makes them happy is none of my concern.

To pretend your beliefs and ideology doesn’t change over time asinine. You’re Taught and learn as a you grow up in a certain environment.

Most realize they can think for themselves when they grow up, and most of them change. Some hold on for sure, but I bet is a much smaller group than Vic thinks.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Too much talk this week about how shitty the colts are. That parsons will get 10 sacks. This is the usual trap game the cowboys suck at most times. I expect a tight game and possible loss.

oh please.  this one is a gimme.  the hard games will be down the stretch before the 1st round exit.  but we will roll through indy like they are nothing. I’m sure dak will throw for 400 and 4 tds. 

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, futureman said:

oh please.  this one is a gimme.  the hard games will be down the stretch before the 1st round exit.  but we will roll through indy like they are nothing. I’m sure dak will throw for 400 and 4 tds. 

What happened to your boy? Got figured out after 1 week?

How did Dak do against Minnesota??

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
13 minutes ago, SameSame said:
Philly looks to be holding serve

They aren't losing another game outside of us (maybe). We will be the 5 seed.

You know how it is in the NFL as well as anybody.

Teams like that lose a game or two that they shouldn't.

You know how it is in the NFL as well as anybody.
Teams like that lose a game or two that they shouldn't.
True but i don't see them losing to the Bears, Saints or Giants. Those are their 3 remaining games outside of us.

When Hurts is rolling, they are a tough out. And the Saints and Bears don't have the horses to keep up in a shootout.

47 minutes ago, futureman said:

tough loss for the jets but the golden arm of mike white gave them a fighting chance against the 2nd best team in the NFL, the 10-2 juggernaut minnesota vikings.  30+ completions for 360+ yards.  the kid is a phenom. 

Those same Vikings who got blowed out 40-3 by that incompetent boob Dak Prescott, right? 

• Like 1