Dallas Cowboys 2022 Regular Season Thread: Fuck Jerry Jones

Vic Mackey

I still can't believe a man of that ego is okay not winning. I get that he likes being on the top of the Forbes list, but he doesn't seem to realize he can have both? That Forbes number can go even higher, a lot higher actually,  if he would just put some goddamned real football people in decision making capacities and win a super bowl.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

He mistakes optimism for completely failing to prepare. 

Teams that win consistently have executives that are always compulsively stressing out about how to make the team better. About how to gain that extra bit that can put it over the top. About how to set it up to survive in case this or that go wrong during the season. 

It's not fun. It's about the most tedious job in the sport. And that's why these fucks won't do it. 

Jerry & Charlotte were in the east side suites on Saturday cheering for the Horns against ULM. Maybe he’ll drop his aversion to drafting Horns. Lord knows we could use a few draft picks coming out of our school. 

There was a line to get into the suite level and dude said we ain’t waiting and walked right the fuck past everyone. 

Having his grandson here is not a bad thing at all. 

23 minutes ago, ATexanAbroad said:

you're on fucking crack, with all due respect

tom probably wouldn't have won a super bowl because jerry is in charge here and he will never win one on his own.  but we absolutely should have done it.  if you think dak is worth keeping over tom goddamn brady you are on fucking crack.

with respect.

33 minutes ago, futureman said:

tom probably wouldn't have won a super bowl because jerry is in charge here and he will never win one on his own.  but we absolutely should have done it.  if you think dak is worth keeping over tom goddamn brady you are on fucking crack.

with respect.

dak is at best an avg nfl qb but getting paid like a top 10

Jerry & Charlotte were in the east side suites on Saturday cheering for the Horns against ULM. Maybe he’ll drop his aversion to drafting Horns. Lord knows we could use a few draft picks coming out of our school. 
There was a line to get into the suite level and dude said we ain’t waiting and walked right the fuck past everyone. 
Having his grandson here is not a bad thing at all. 

Word?

Over the first 29 years of my life, the Cowboys went to the Super Bowl 8 times.  They won 5 of them.

I was 5 years old when they played in their first SB.  I was 6 when they won their first.  I sat outside in a car in the Moody Coliseum parking lot for two days with my dad, and then inside Moody Coliseum for 2 days with my mom, waiting to purchase tickets to SB 12, which I got travel to the Superdome with my family for, creating a pretty incredible memory.

I was in college when Aikman and the boys went all the way in '92, and then had a blast as the Boys won 3 out of 4.  Should have been 4 out of 4 but Deion got away with blatant interference.

So it was perfectly natural for me to expect that Dallas always making the playoffs and winning some Super Bowls here and there would continue throughout my lifetime.

Now I have to constantly scroll through shit-talking memes all over twitter and facebook, mainly by HOUSTON FUCKING TEXANS fans.  And given it's been more than a quarter of a century, I've been out of witty comebacks for a while.

Each year I humbly ask God to let me see the Cowboys win one more Super Bowl before I check out.

Will this be the year?

Edited by Augustus
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Over the first 29 years of my life, the Cowboys went to the Super Bowl 8 times.  They won 5 of them.

I was 5 years old when they played in their first SB.  I was 6 when they won their first.  I sat outside in a car in the Moody Coliseum parking lot for two days with my dad, and then inside Moody Coliseum for 2 days with my mom, waiting to purchase tickets to SB 12, which I got travel to the Superdome with my family for, creating a pretty incredible memory.

I was in college when Aikman and the boys went all the way in '92, and then had a blast as the Boys won 3 out of 4.  Should have been 4 out of 4 but Deion got away with blatant interference.

So it was perfectly natural for me to expect that Dallas always making the playoffs and winning some Super Bowls here and there would continue throughout my lifetime.

Now I have to constantly scroll through shit-talking memes all over twitter and facebook, mainly by HOUSTON FUCKING TEXANS fans.  And given it's been more than a quarter of a century, I've been out of witty comebacks for a while.

Each year I humbly ask God to let me see the Cowboys win one more Super Bowl before I check out.

Will this be the year?

The one above is from a Dallas fan that remembers growing up like you did and Jerry fucking deserves it because he has been out to prove it was not Jimmy and in the mean time turned us into the Detroit Lions. No need for comebacks. Jerry has made us suck for a very long time.

• Hook 'Em 2

Yeah, he's managed to do an impressive job of proving it all to hell and back that it was Jimmy.

And I don't think that Jimmy Johnson is a particularly gifted coach when it comes to X's and O's, the tactics and strategy.  I think he has a tremendous talent for taking a bunch of supremely talented, wild-as-fuck outlaws and keeping them together sufficiently to win championships, as he did at both Miami and Dallas.

Jimmy's biggest contribution to the Cowboys was orchestrating the Walker trade, in which he played the Minnesota GM like a fiddle.  And he made good use of those draft picks.  He chose some incredible players, and in other cases, he got really lucky that he didn't get the player he wanted and had to take someone else.  

Heady days, my friends.

1 hour ago, Augustus said:

damn those college super bowl parties are damn great !

on the ticket this morning they were talking about dak and how much he sucks.  he’s 27th in the league against man coverage.  against teams above .500 he’s 13-24; against 10-win teams he is 5-20; against 11-win teams he is 2-12.

he absolutely fucking sucks and deserves to bounce around the league on one-year contracts until he finally lands back in louisiana and fades into complete obscurity like the useless piece of shit that he is. 

The last Cowboys game I attended in person was the Dez game in Green Bay.  I’ve never attended a game at Jerry World save for a couple of high school games.  I’m basically done.
Jerry World is terrible all the way around. It's just big and that's it. No atmosphere at all. Will never attend another game there for any sport. I have no idea how people go there to watch other events like basketball and boxing or soccer and sit way the hell up there. What's the point?