Dallas Cowboys 2022 Regular Season Thread: Fuck Jerry Jones

Vic Mackey

There was nothing wrong with it from a talent standpoint.  That said, Parcells didn't want it.  Now Parcells may have been wrong but Jerry brings him in to try to cede back some football control to somebody who actually knew football after fucking things up for 7 or 8 years.  Jerry held his wad for all of three seasons (sort of) before completely stepping back into the personnel limelight.  And ultimately it was unsuccessful by the metric everybody talks about around here.

This goes back to the ego of Parcells. TO was a great W/R and Coach knew Romo needed a weapon like this. He has a history of treating receivers like shit thru his career. He supported the decision to get TO signed then wanted it to be a Jerry thing, and thought his indifference to the player would make TO comply. His history of the situation is true in his head, like a lot of shit in his arrogant view of things.

TO had he been given some mental health support from teams would have been the greatest receiver ever. His childhood was horrific. He never did drugs or acted like a pimp. I loved his toughness and willingness to go across the field.

7 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

There was nothing wrong with it from a talent standpoint.  That said, Parcells didn't want it.  Now Parcells may have been wrong but Jerry brings him in to try to cede back some football control to somebody who actually knew football after fucking things up for 7 or 8 years.  Jerry held his wad for all of three seasons (sort of) before completely stepping back into the personnel limelight.  And ultimately it was unsuccessful by the metric everybody talks about around here.

Jerry was trying to get the new stadium built, but was having trouble with the finances because the team had three straight 5-11 seasons. He brought in Parcells and let him run things until the team got back up enough to complete stadium financing. I believe he signed Owens over Parcells' objections a few days after the financing was secured. It was a way to say, "daddy's home," and let Parcells know he wasn't in charge, anymore. 

Owens was good on the field, but he was also the precursor to the Cowboys becoming the Kardashians of pro football. They used to capture eyeballs because they were good. Then, they captured eyeballs because they were bizarre. The act is old, now. It's like Lindsay Lohan. She used to be a hot girl doing crazy things. She's not hot, anymore, and nobody cares about "Lindsay Lohan did something crazy" headlines. 

17 hours ago, C-Man said:

Why? The Cowboys paid $2.4M in settlement money at the time. And when the story broke, Dalrymple very quickly retired. Seems kind of odd timing-wise.

I watched the video of the draft room "up skirt accusation" about 25 times and never once thought he was possibly trying to take upskirt photos.  I can't find it anymore, but the link was out there for quite a while.  

14 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Why do the Cowboys have over 20 million in cap space anyways?

1. Money was set aside for Randy Gregory and there was no plan B.

2. Stephen Jones is cheap and will continue this trend.

Other?

They probably hope to roll that cap forward into next year which will give them a boatload of cap space (since Zeke won't be on the team anymore).  Like upwards of $40-50mm in cap space  

Jerry was trying to get the new stadium built, but was having trouble with the finances because the team had three straight 5-11 seasons. He brought in Parcells and let him run things until the team got back up enough to complete stadium financing. I believe he signed Owens over Parcells' objections a few days after the financing was secured. It was a way to say, "daddy's home," and let Parcells know he wasn't in charge, anymore. 
Owens was good on the field, but he was also the precursor to the Cowboys becoming the Kardashians of pro football. They used to capture eyeballs because they were good. Then, they captured eyeballs because they were bizarre. The act is old, now. It's like Lindsay Lohan. She used to be a hot girl doing crazy things. She's not hot, anymore, and nobody cares about "Lindsay Lohan did something crazy" headlines. 

5-11 records had nothing to do with financing the stadium. Had nothing to do with hiring Parcells. Jerry wanted to win so he hired him. Bill liked Jerry because no owner he worked for wanted to win as much.

The Cowboys were building a stadium in the middle of a huge recession and options were fewer. They refused to take a giveaway price on naming rights until they got actual value. Jerry leveraged the fortune to get it built without whining for more public money. My company had a suite in the new stadium from the start. Jerry was incredible at the pitch meeting.

18 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

5-11 records had nothing to do with financing the stadium. Had nothing to do with hiring Parcells. Jerry wanted to win so he hired him. Bill liked Jerry because no owner he worked for wanted to win as much.

The Cowboys were building a stadium in the middle of a huge recession and options were fewer. They refused to take a giveaway price on naming rights until they got actual value. Jerry leveraged the fortune to get it built without whining for more public money. My company had a suite in the new stadium from the start. Jerry was incredible at the pitch meeting.

Everything you post sucks. You suck. Fuck you. 

1 hour ago, Trey3216 said:

I watched the video of the draft room "up skirt accusation" about 25 times and never once thought he was possibly trying to take upskirt photos.  I can't find it anymore, but the link was out there for quite a while.  

I was speaking more to using his access card to sneak in and watch the cheerleaders as they changed.

1 hour ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Just dumb roster management. 

Jerrah knows half the fanbase are suckers..... Keep buyin' that merch and tickets, losers.

How did our LG end up doing?

How did some of the guys who are management just let go for nothing or for peanuts?  How good is this organization at roster building beyond draft picks?  We let this guy walk before he had some total bullshit penalties and also because his new OL coach is one of the worst in the league.

This guy we didn't even shop..... just cut bait.  Why?  Beyond being moronic?  No one knows.  If he's not getting suspended soon, this is mismanagement at the highest level.

Oh, for the moron who posted Amare's line and some sort of justification as he didn't play well?   There's a difference from being a schmuck who reads a stat line on an app and actually watching the game..... particularly in football.  He drew 3 penalties including a 38 yarder in the EZ which set up a TD.

This team was never supposed to compete.  It was utter shit.  Dak's injury will simply expose what most of know...... the only really shitty thing about the Cowboys are their owners and the family who interferes in the management of the club because they have little dicks.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

18 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I was speaking more to using his access card to sneak in and watch the cheerleaders as they changed.

I think that was an honest mistake, and not a creeper job. First, he was dismissed 6-7 years after it happened. Second, if he had committed wrongdoing, there would’ve been evidence on his phone (they accused him of taking pics). There were none. Third, the dollar amount is minuscule for true metoo behavior in the middle of that era. 

4 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

I think that was an honest mistake, and not a creeper job. First, he was dismissed 6-7 years after it happened. Second, if he had committed wrongdoing, there would’ve been evidence on his phone (they accused him of taking pics). There were none. Third, the dollar amount is minuscule for true metoo behavior in the middle of that era. 

Honest mistake? The Cowboys quickly paid $2.5M to the women. Remember who runs this organization -- they have their own off-the-field shenanigans that they've just swept under the rug or had their fixers handle over the years. I found it very telling that Dalrymple essentially quit on the spot when the news got out. He was not intending to retire at that time.

Just now, C-Man said:

Honest mistake? The Cowboys quickly paid $2.5M to the women. Remember who runs this organization -- they have their own off-the-field shenanigans that they've just swept under the rug or had their fixers handle over the years. I found it very telling that Dalrymple essentially quit on the spot when the news got out. He was not intending to retire at that time.

I don’t think he was planning on retiring either. I think the Joneses gave him multiples of what they paid those women. $2.4 million amongst 4 women is nothing. At all. They settled with them and only forced Rich out when the news broke - because of #metoo. Where is any evidence Rich did anything other than walk in a room mistakenly?  I don’t KNOW what happened. I’m just very skeptical about their story. 

1 minute ago, Porterhouse said:

I don’t think he was planning on retiring either. I think the Joneses gave him multiples of what they paid those women. $2.4 million amongst 4 women is nothing. At all. They settled with them and only forced Rich out when the news broke - because of #metoo. Where is any evidence Rich did anything other than walk in a room mistakenly?  I don’t KNOW what happened. I’m just very skeptical about their story. 

I don't know what happened either. But I do know how the Cowboys operate. I just felt there must be something to the story because the team quickly settled with the women and paid them to keep quiet and not bring charges. I realize $2.4M-$2.5M (whatever it takes) is pocket change for the Cowboys but it's still substantial to just be forked over for something that is not substantiated.

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

I don't know what happened either. But I do know how the Cowboys operate. I just felt there must be something to the story because the team quickly settled with the women and paid them to keep quiet and not bring charges. I realize $2.4M-$2.5M (whatever it takes) is pocket change for the Cowboys but it's still substantial to just be forked over for something that is not substantiated.

It was $2.4. Less than $400K to each cheerleader. They accused him of some Case McCoy type shit. HR scrubbed his phone. If he had done anything to truly violate them, they were going to get paid a LOT more than $400K. I cannot imagine Jones maintaining Rich on the team if there truly was wrongdoing. He walked in the wrong bathroom and immediately walked out. 

1 minute ago, Porterhouse said:

It was $2.4. Less than $400K to each cheerleader. They accused him of some Case McCoy type shit. HR scrubbed his phone. If he had done anything to truly violate them, they were going to get paid a LOT more than $400K. I cannot imagine Jones maintaining Rich on the team if there truly was wrongdoing. He walked in the wrong bathroom and immediately walked out. 

Not that it really matters and I don't intend to spend all day going back and forth on this issue but I don't think it was a bathroom. It was an ancillary room at the DeathStar that cheerleaders used to change. Why scrub the phone? Why did he quickly quit when the news got out? And I don't know the going rate for paying off victims of a Peeping Tom who is watching/videoing grown women changing clothes but somebody wants to offer me an easy $400K in that situation and not have to go through the legal BS of fighting the Cowboys, sure, I could see taking that and just moving on. He didn't attack them, didn't sexually assault them, didn't post the videos online anywhere (that we know of).

47 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Not that it really matters and I don't intend to spend all day going back and forth on this issue but I don't think it was a bathroom. It was an ancillary room at the DeathStar that cheerleaders used to change. Why scrub the phone? Why did he quickly quit when the news got out? And I don't know the going rate for paying off victims of a Peeping Tom who is watching/videoing grown women changing clothes but somebody wants to offer me an easy $400K in that situation and not have to go through the legal BS of fighting the Cowboys, sure, I could see taking that and just moving on. He didn't attack them, didn't sexually assault them, didn't post the videos online anywhere (that we know of).

He didn’t scrub his phone. HR did. They found nothing. One of the big accusations was he was videoing them. There would’ve been evidence of that even if he had attempted to scrub. Sounds like a simple mistake. 

Just now, Porterhouse said:

He didn’t scrub his phone. HR did. They found nothing. One of the big accusations was he was videoing them. There would’ve been evidence of that even if he had attempted to scrub. Sounds like a simple mistake. 

Sorry, I misread that. I still find it telling that he immediately stepped down as PR director when the story broke, though.

Jerrah knows half the fanbase are suckers..... Keep buyin' that merch and tickets, losers.
[/url] How did our LG end up doing?
How did some of the guys who are management just let go for nothing or for peanuts?  How good is this organization at roster building beyond draft picks?  We let this guy walk before he had some total bullshit penalties and also because his new OL coach is one of the worst in the league.
This guy we didn't even shop..... just cut bait.  Why?  Beyond being moronic?  No one knows.  If he's not getting suspended soon, this is mismanagement at the highest level.
Oh, for the moron who posted Amare's line and some sort of justification as he didn't play well?   There's a difference from being a schmuck who reads a stat line on an app and actually watching the game..... particularly in football.  He drew 3 penalties including a 38 yarder in the EZ which set up a TD.
This team was never supposed to compete.  It was utter shit.  Dak's injury will simply expose what most of know...... the only really shitty thing about the Cowboys are their owners and the family who interferes in the management of the club because they have little dicks.

All of these examples of stupidity by the front office; the line moves in particular reek as likely demands by fucking fuckwit Joe Philbin who is also Mccarthy’s bff/ likely lover from GB days. If we had Collins and Williams now we’d be in decent shape were the crew coached by a decent line coach. I want Philbin fired and run out of Texas on a rail. He needs to be selling insurance.

The line moves are far worse than their mismangement of the receivers

The cowboys love to brag about cap space and then don't do jack shit with it except give their own guys bigger contracts. Which would be fine if our guys warranted those. Doesn't mean a thing about your roster being homegrown if that roster hasn't produced a consistent winner. Time to look elsewhere. 

We also cleared a lot of cap space this offseason for Gregory and then dicked around and let him walk to Denver.

This DL has to improve. I forget Parsons is now being lined up out there so you can lump him in. He's your only guy who can get after the QB with any regularity. DLaw shows up every quarter of the season to pad his stats. And then after that? Nothing but subpar JAGs. And yet again, this DL is soft against the run. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

They probably hope to roll that cap forward into next year which will give them a boatload of cap space (since Zeke won't be on the team anymore).  Like upwards of $40-50mm in cap space  

Pollard's deal is up as well. They aren't giving either one an RB franchise tag. Prepare for an early RB pick in the draft.

21 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

What was wrong with the TO signing? I wish we would actually go back to those days where we actually went out and signed good free agents. TO instantly made this offense better and was a great addition. 

because fuck TO. What did we win with him? Not a God damn thing but had to watch that fuck head play for my team.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

The cowboys love to brag about cap space and then don't do jack shit with it except give their own guys bigger contracts. Which would be fine if our guys warranted those. Doesn't mean a thing about your roster being homegrown if that roster hasn't produced a consistent winner. Time to look elsewhere. 

We also cleared a lot of cap space this offseason for Gregory and then dicked around and let him walk to Denver.

This DL has to improve. I forget Parsons is now being lined up out there so you can lump him in. He's your only guy who can get after the QB with any regularity. DLaw shows up every quarter of the season to pad his stats. And then after that? Nothing but subpar JAGs. And yet again, this DL is soft against the run. 

It’s like what shitty coaches do with timeouts. Either you use them correctly or you have them still and time has run out. If you are not going to bring in quality free agents (and the brain trust has said we ain’t doing that) then you are awarded no points and are a dumb fuck.

Jerry thinks Cooper Rush will only be needed for 3-4 games so I doubt it.

Randy Gregory contract had me on the fence. People like to bitch about Dlaw contract but Gregory's deal will probably look similar in a year or two. Awkward spot when a good player wants close to perennial Pro Bowl money. Those deals are usually overpays.

1 hour ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Jerry thinks Cooper Rush will only be needed for 3-4 games so I doubt it.

Randy Gregory contract had me on the fence. People like to bitch about Dlaw contract but Gregory's deal will probably look similar in a year or two. Awkward spot when a good player wants close to perennial Pro Bowl money. Those deals are usually overpays.

I can't get mad about that particular deal because it's Randy Gregory and he's always a drug test away from being suspended for the year.  They should have signed someone else though.

how much wasted $ is wrapped up into Dak & Zeke? Imagine the quality free agents they could have.   This has the feel of the last days of Romo-Murray-Dez, doesn't it (and that trio was superior). Right now, and I know this is a Texas board, but even with a good throwing hand, I'd say Sam Ehlinger is a better QB than Dak.  They need to make some QB depth acquisitions asap.  

how much wasted $ is wrapped up into Dak & Zeke? Imagine the quality free agents they could have.   This has the feel of the last days of Romo-Murray-Dez, doesn't it (and that trio was superior). Right now, and I know this is a Texas board, but even with a good throwing hand, I'd say Sam Ehlinger is a better QB than Dak.  They need to make some QB depth acquisitions asap.  
We have plenty of cap space to sign free agents but we don't. We've had plenty of space for years. They love their own spare homegrown players. Could have had Von Miller this year but didn't. Don't be fooled to thinking it's because of those contracts. How about when they were both on rookie deals? Still nada.

2 hours ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Will Grier looked better than rush to me

I wouldn't be shocked of Grier ended up playing more in the next few weeks. Rush is capable of running the offense without a lot of mistakes, but he's not very nimble and doesn't have a great arm. Behind such a shitty offensive line Grier can move around better and is more of a playmaker, though probably will turn the ball over more. But he may give them a better chance to score some points in the current situation. Plus, you find out under real live fire how he reacts, whether he crumbles under the pressure or steps up. At least you learn something from the disaster.

This is why I had doubts about Lamb. Just because we drafted him in the 1st round and he is now our #1 guy, doesn't make him a true WR1 talent. Without Cooper on the field to gain attention and coverage, Lamb is now being exposed, just as I thought would happen. No time in his career has he ever had to deal with this. At OU, all those WRs fan free all day because in college, you can just out talent and out speed your inferior opponent. Can't do that in the NFL. Players and coaches are too good. When he came into the league, Cooper was here. Lamb wasn't the focus. He could roam more free out there. Now they are forcing him to beat him and he can't. There is no one on this team who can run routes and get separation? Maybe it's the playcalling? Definitely a possibility as we are predictable and stale. Nothing but curls, hitches and outs. All routes that are not taking us up field. No motion and WRs working off each other to beat the defense. Just a bunch of individual routes. You beat your man type routes. And when they can't, we get what we get the other night. When Cooper was out last year, this offense was exposed as well. You can point to his off games and stats, but when he's on the field, this offense is better

307346441_10222764582210248_449032759587

If their plan was to showcase all these new young WRs, then dammit throw the ball to them. Dak and moore aren’t in the same page with the FO. Kept throwing into CeeDee in double and triple coverage, ignoring his other wRs and tes. Stupid.

I think CeeDee is going to be a great slot guy but he’s not big enough to be a W/R 1. But they need to make some other threats.