Dallas Cowboys 2022 Regular Season Thread: Fuck Jerry Jones

Vic Mackey

On 9/12/2022 at 12:59 PM, DougO said:

OK, I'm putting on my homer hat. Cowboys start 0-2, that's pretty much a given. Potential winnable games with Rush/Grier combo vs Detroit, Chicago, and either Giants or Redskins, gets them to 3-5 going into the bye week. Dak comes back for Green Bay, leads Cowboys to 7-3 the rest of the way, 9-8 shitty East division champs.

OK, fuck all that shit. Can we stage an insurrection at Cowboys headquarters and install Elon Musk or Condi Rice or somebody as the new owner/GM?

Shit, even make-believe "homer hat" DougO may have underestimated this team.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DougO said:

Shit, even make-believe "homer hat" DougO may have underestimated this team.

Doubtful, even if Dak comes back healthy and sharper than he was on opening night.

Defense is much improved, but the team overall seems mediocre. Offensive line is poor, receivers are questionable and Zeke is an energy/salary vampire.

If the Cowboys make the playoffs, it will be because they are in the NFC East and were given four "automatic" wins (New York and Washington 2x).

13 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Doubtful, even if Dak comes back healthy and sharper than he was on opening night.

Defense is much improved, but the team overall seems mediocre. Offensive line is poor, receivers are questionable and Zeke is an energy/salary vampire.

If the Cowboys make the playoffs, it will be because they are in the NFC East and were given four "automatic" wins (New York and Washington 2x).

OL and Zeke look MUCH improved, and in fact both look pretty good. No idea how you come to that conclusion. Philly and Dallas should both make the playoffs. Unless Dak decides he wants to be a true Top 10 QB, we will likely lose in the first round again. But your take about where this team is right now is nuts. 

Salary vampire? Didn’t know we were at max cap. Could have sworn there was a tiny bit of space left.

Rush looks so much better than the last 2 weeks. They actually won that game because of his play and not just bus driving. If Lamb didn't wait until the 2nd half to start catching the ball he would have had an even bigger game. 

Maybe McCarthy is getting something going after all. Since they don't do much hitting in training camp and no one plays the preseason games that first game of the year was like their preseason warmup game. They've looked a lot better on both sides since then. 

Zeke has a terrible deal. He’s playing fine for a back with heavy use. He’s not the reason for ultimate playoff failure. The line, running backs, and defense are all playing at a high level. With Dak and Gallup back, ultimate success will be contingent upon them and CeeDee, and only those 3. Lamb, Gallup and Schultz must combine for 2500 yards, and Dak must not turtle against playoff teams, or we’re losing in the first round again. 

Damn…. Tough crowd.  Zeke had a really nice game and I love the usage with Pollard.  He has a shitastic contract, but it takes a moron to offer it.

Regardless, we have money.  Folks need to stop blaming the lack of spending on this guy or that.  We have money….. we just didn’t think to spend it.

• Like 1

Rush seems to have shed the “career backup” mentality drilled into QBs around here by career backups Garrett, Linehan, and Moore. He’s throwing with confidence that Dak has shown only briefly at times. Dak would not have attempted some of those throws last night and checked down for a three yard gain when you need 5. The question will be will Jerry pay him to be the backup, trade him for picks, or let him slip away. I think several teams would snap him up right now for a one. Hello Seattle.

Was Stephen and Jerry that decided to overpay Zeke / Dak / Jaylon Smith. Would rather blame them for the mismanagement of the salary cap.

Bucs defense is much better than the Giants, Bengals, or Commanders this week but yeah I don't think Dak got that huge contract to be slightly better than Cooper Rush. He's getting Mahomes money.

Dak will rush back after Cooper rush wins again next week, he’ll look like shit against the rams and the eagles, and then there will be a legitimate qb controversy. We aren’t there yet, and we probably wouldn’t be there if Dak just sat out through the bye, but it’s absolutely going to play out this way and everyone knows it. Including drew 

57 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Was Stephen and Jerry that decided to overpay Zeke / Dak / Jaylon Smith. Would rather blame them for the mismanagement of the salary cap.

Bucs defense is much better than the Giants, Bengals, or Commanders this week but yeah I don't think Dak got that huge contract to be slightly better than Cooper Rush. He's getting Mahomes money.

He's actually getting about 20% less than Mahomes money, and offers about 20% less results.  

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

Rush seems to have shed the “career backup” mentality drilled into QBs around here by career backups Garrett, Linehan, and Moore. He’s throwing with confidence that Dak has shown only briefly at times. Dak would not have attempted some of those throws last night and checked down for a three yard gain when you need 5. The question will be will Jerry pay him to be the backup, trade him for picks, or let him slip away. I think several teams would snap him up right now for a one. Hello Seattle.

You think Seattle would trade a #1 pick, sure to be in the Top 10, for Cooper Rush?  You are dumber than I thought and I was previously going with mongoloid. 

2 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Jaylon Smith was so bad. He took the Jones family to the cleaners. He got paid, then for some reason, started focusing on his stupid business and quit caring about football. Smith had to pay the NFL tons of money to buy out all of his jerseys because nobody wanted them. Guy is a loser and we paid him.

3 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Jaylon Smith was so bad. He took the Jones family to the cleaners. He got paid, then for some reason, started focusing on his stupid business and quit caring about football. Smith had to pay the NFL tons of money to buy out all of his jerseys because nobody wanted them. Guy is a loser and we paid him.

Say what?

2 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Damn…. Tough crowd.  Zeke had a really nice game and I love the usage with Pollard.  He has a shitastic contract, but it takes a moron to offer it.

Regardless, we have money.  Folks need to stop blaming the lack of spending on this guy or that.  We have money….. we just didn’t think to spend it.

This. He's no longer a MVP-caliber back even though he's getting paid like one. He was obviously hurt most of last year. He's a good back who is making WAY too much money.

4 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Say what?

He changed from #54 to #9 (I think) after the deadline the NFL sets to make this kind of change. So, in order for him to make the switch the NFL made him buy up every #54 Cowboys jersey that had already been produced in order to switch to #9, which he did. I believe it cost him like $500K.

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

This. He's no longer a MVP-caliber back even though he's getting paid like one. He was obviously hurt most of last year. He's a good back who is making WAY too much money.

He changed from #54 to #9 (I think) after the deadline the NFL sets to make this kind of change. So, in order for him to make the switch the NFL made him buy up every #54 Cowboys jersey that had already been produced in order to switch to #9, which he did. I believe it cost him like $500K.

If Zeke stays healthy, he’ll get 1,000 this season. Not the 1,500 a guy that’s being paid like he is needs to produce for 5 years in a row, but it’s not nothing.  He’s running hard, finishing well, has a burst that wasn’t evident last year, and is overall a very productive back. Combined with Pollard’s 800-1,000 expected yards and the excellent line play, I really like where our run game is. I won’t fault Zeke for getting a deal. 

Zeke is what, close to Derrick Henry for best RB of his generation. Probably his last year in Dallas.

At least he's always been healthy. See other RBs like McCaffrey and Saquon Barkley always hurt.

Unfortunate the position he plays. Pretty much every good franchise now realizes you get cheap ones, use them up, throw them into the trash can without a big 2nd contract. 

18 minutes ago, kingkoopa6 said:

D law looked damn good too

no joke.  was very worried he broke a toe or something when he was out for a few series.

You guys bitching and moaning are hilarious. Just want to be angry I guess.  This D is legit and can travel.  Offense just needs to be decent and we can do something this year.

1 hour ago, kingkoopa6 said:

number 6 on D was a monster last night- props to that ag

It’d be appreciated if he didn’t swat the ball away from a Giant throwing it to a ref. Dumbfuck, undisciplined team. 

49 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

I'm not sure he knew the ref was behind him. From his perspective the Giant WR was taunting him by throwing the ball at him

Then he’s an idiot. 

55 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

what a fucking clown.  cooper rush is better than he is.  it's not a bit, not trolling, it's fact.  cooper rush is the best quarterback on the cowboys roster.

Jaylon Smith was an idiot. Had Jerry bamboozled with his story and he thought it would make some kind of Rudy movie. It would have been better for us had his leg fallen off after that bowl game.
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Irvin preachin' it like the great Hugh Hefner on high. (Gotta love anyone that shuts up SAS for a few minutes.)

You might recognize him as Joe the Policeman from the ‘What’s Going Down?’ episode of That’s My Mama.

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

Jaylon Smith was an idiot. Had Jerry bamboozled with his story and he thought it would make some kind of Rudy movie. It would have been better for us had his leg fallen off after that bowl game.

Smith played 1 good season and literally made 50 million off it. Jerrah got duped and taken to the cleaners again. If you have a guy with an injury history like smith, you make him prove it over a long period of time. They could of waited to pay smith, but they pulled the trigger way too early and got burned.

Reminds me of roughened odor and the Texas rangers.

Edited by Voldemort86

On 9/27/2022 at 4:44 PM, Hermanator said:

You know you had a good game if you're the Georgie Hot Fries player of the game in a win where you got a 15 yd penalty for swatting the ball away from a ref

I guess that's a good award. It's weird that I haven't seen his name mentioned a single time on Cowboys coverage since the game. I expected him to get a lot more attention than the Georgie Hot Fries award.