Dallas Cowboys 2022 Regular Season Thread: Fuck Jerry Jones

Vic Mackey

2 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Saw one site had Tyler Smith as the best rookie OT so far. Mashed some dude on the Pollard TD run.

1 hour ago, Trey3216 said:

Outside of a play here and there, he’s played pretty damn well. 

I should have known once aggy Bob Sturm shit all over the pick that he'd be a badass. 

Considering he's a rookie that spent all of training camp learning to play LG then was thrown into LT right when the season started against the TB and Cincy defenses he's been absolutely remarkable. As Jerry would say "Tyler's a murracle"

There should be a lot more attention on what he's accomplished these first 2 games against good defenses with good pass rushers. 

Edited by Hermanator
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 9/18/2022 at 1:14 PM, kingkoopa6 said:

Let’s shock the world!!! Let’s goooooo

lol, i posted this here cuz i couldn't find the game thread..

and looks like there wasnt..

I missed majority of the game flying spirit ( dumb ass me/wifi out)

landed saw it was 17 up... rush to bar.. MONEY MAHER BABY!

caught the box score highlights damn.. we was really up 17-3... fuck....

Edited by kingkoopa6

1 hour ago, kingkoopa6 said:

lol, i posted this here cuz i couldn't find the game thread..

and looks like there wasnt..

I missed majority of the game flying spirit ( dumb ass me/wifi out)

landed saw it was 17 up... rush to bar.. MONEY MAHER BABY!

caught the box score highlights damn.. we was really up 17-3... fuck....

I think the game thread was lumped in with week 2 NFL thread. Probably most folks didn't have expectations of it being an actual game.

I would be surprised if they didn't replay this one on NFL Network at some point this week.

I should have known once aggy Bob Sturm shit all over the pick that he'd be a badass. 
Considering he's a rookie that spent all of training camp learning to play LG then was thrown into LT right when the season started against the TB and Cincy defenses he's been absolutely remarkable. As Jerry would say "Tyler's a murracle"
There should be a lot more attention on what he's accomplished these first 2 games against good defenses with good pass rushers. 

Sturm shit on him as a pick and then got yammered when Tyler was on the show. What an idiot. I liked the pick as he’s a mean nasty motherfucker like Martin who loves to hit folks. I think he’s done just fine. And maybe Tyron can move to guard next year.

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

Sturm shit on him as a pick and then got yammered when Tyler was on the show. What an idiot. I liked the pick as he’s a mean nasty motherfucker like Martin who loves to hit folks. I think he’s done just fine. And maybe Tyron can move to guard next year.

Tyler’s only issue in college was the number of penalties, if they can keep those down, he’ll be pretty good at worst.

10 hours ago, tokamak said:

Dennis Houston waived. Turns out that Jerry's prized UDFA diamond in the rough is actually just a scrub. Who would've guessed.

I think that's likely an indication that Gallup is probably suiting up this week. Or it could be that Tolbert has advanced up the chart, or Brown is carrying more of the load. Could mean lots of things, but I'm sure he will be on the practice squad and end up being active again for some games.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

A lot of Dallas radio personalities thought Micah Parsons, Travis Frederick, Tyler Smith, and Taco were all reaches. Not a good hit rate for the radio guys from what I can tell considering almost half of 1st rounders are busts / end up as non-factor backups.

Taco was a terrible pick. Nobody thought Parsons was a bad pick - just wanted one of those corners. Nobody disliked Frederick - just thought he’d have been available in the 2nd, easily.  The only person I’ve heard critical of Smith is Sturm, and Sturm is a known blowhard moron, in love with his own voice and analysis, and he’s proving himself day after day to be an ass and the most egregious ill-fitting part on The Ticket. 

1 hour ago, Porterhouse said:

Taco was a terrible pick. Nobody thought Parsons was a bad pick - just wanted one of those corners. Nobody disliked Frederick - just thought he’d have been available in the 2nd, easily.  The only person I’ve heard critical of Smith is Sturm, and Sturm is a known blowhard moron, in love with his own voice and analysis, and he’s proving himself day after day to be an ass and the most egregious ill-fitting part on The Ticket. 

Este

16 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Today Jerry said he hoped we’d have a qb controversy.

He said “I hope Cooper Rush plays well enough to cause a controversy, when Dak returns because that would mean we are winning”, and I agree. 

but Cooper Rush won’t.

Edited by lilMAC25

1 hour ago, lilMAC25 said:

He said “I hope Cooper Rush plays well enough to cause a controversy, when Dak returns because that would mean we are winning”, and I agree. 

but Cooper Rush won’t.

He said a lot more than that, and he’s an absolute moron. 

16 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

Rob Lowe Yep GIF by SoFi

What I mean by that is Jerry has an astute business mind. His investments in the Cowboys and Comstock were phenomenal home runs. For a savvy guy, he’s incredibly stupid sometimes. He has failed to grasp the concept of wishing things went a certain way, yet not vocalizing them. He’s failed to understand that the circus atmosphere that he has created might get people talking about you, but it will hurt the chances of your team ensuring those wishes materialize. There are so many unnecessary things he says and does that detract from his team’s performance, and he should be way too smart to not realize that. 

1 minute ago, Texzilla58 said:

Jerry said the right thing the wrong way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing about what he said was “right”. You’re a terrible poster. 

AF9EA83D-7367-469B-A4BF-54E149A90179.thumb.png.552cb6604db471461f71bec37db6a2d0.png

this is the type of shit (setting up an atmosphere that forced you trade Cooper for a bag of peanuts) that you should be furious at the Joneses about, not the other shit.

fuck Jerry and Stephen for how they handled this fuckery.

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

AF9EA83D-7367-469B-A4BF-54E149A90179.thumb.png.552cb6604db471461f71bec37db6a2d0.png

this is the type of shit (setting up an atmosphere that forced you trade Cooper for a bag of peanuts) that you should be furious at the Joneses about, not the other shit.

That's what Cooper does. He'll have big games then he'll go a long stretch doing not much of anything. He's a part time number 1 receiver.  At least that's what he did here his entire run so it's not like that was going to change here at all. 

Still should have kept him for this year since they didn't do anything else with the money anyway. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hermanator said:

That's what Cooper does. He'll have big games then he'll go a long stretch doing not much of anything. He's a part time number 1 receiver.  At least that's what he did here his entire run so it's not like that was going to change here at all. 

Still should have kept him for this year since they didn't do anything else with the money anyway. 

He’s still better than any WR on Dallas roster right now.

5 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

I laugh at both. I’m not giving a dime to this organization, just like I don’t attend the circus. 

2 hours ago, Hermanator said:

That’s a terrible characterization. The impact he has on the flow of the offense even when not getting the ball is staggering. 

2 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

He’s still better than any WR on Dallas roster right now.

By a mile. 

2 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Which is why they should have kept him this year. He's probably on par with Lamb at this point. He'll give you a bigger game but he's even more inconsistent than Lamb. 

He’s significantly better than Lamb now and better now than Lamb ever will be. This coming from the idiot that Sark had pressure on him for letting Casey walk after getting Quinn. You’re a clown. 

14 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Which is why they should have kept him this year. He's probably on par with Lamb at this point. He'll give you a bigger game but he's even more inconsistent than Lamb. 

I don’t agree that he’s more inconsistent than Lamb. He affected defense even when he wasn’t getting the ball. Lamb doesn’t do that.

They totally blew the W/R situation. I didn’t expect them to keep Cooper, Gallup, and Lamb due to Zeke and Tank contracts. I thought they should have seen that last year and traded Gallup at max value. With his injury I thought they’d keep Coop, Lamb, Wilson and either let Gallup move on or play on a one year prove it deal.

They couldn’t have bungled it worse. Signing Gallup on a multi year deal with a bum knee was stupid. I don’t care what docs say about an injury until you see how it affects their mechanics and their head you don’t put money into them. Coop gone for some magic beans. Wilson gone for whatever comp pick we get.

Jerrah logic..... guy is a fucking moron when it comes to football.  

And he most likely would have negotiated his cap number down with a year or two extended on contract so this could have been 15-16m.  smh.  This is just terrible roster management.  May end up being the biggest blunder of the offseason for any team.

• Hook 'Em 1

Obviously a dumb move by Dallas. But also, dumb move by a lot of teams. I mean, a 5th rounder for Amari Cooper? And not one team in the league was willing to offer more than that?

Think about a team like the Colts, who could really use a WR. If you told them they could have Amari Cooper for a 4th round pick, they'd be dumb not to, right? Or maybe Jacksonville....they could use a good WR for Lawrence to throw to.

There's no way that Dallas didn't let it be known that they were gonna trade Cooper for a 5th rounder and allow teams to make a better offer, right? Right??

Obviously a dumb move by Dallas. But also, dumb move by a lot of teams. I mean, a 5th rounder for Amari Cooper? And not one team in the league was willing to offer more than that?

Think about a team like the Colts, who could really use a WR. If you told them they could have Amari Cooper for a 4th round pick, they'd be dumb not to, right? Or maybe Jacksonville....they could use a good WR for Lawrence to throw to.

There's no way that Dallas didn't let it be known that they were gonna trade Cooper for a 5th rounder and allow teams to make a better offer, right? Right??

I don’t think they shopped him. They kinda telegraphed they would cut him. I think Cleveland reached out on their own and Stephen jumped in it. Stupidity. Cooper is gone because he pissed off Jerry by not getting vaxxed or said some shit to Dak. You have to look past shit like that and look at the production on the field. That should have got a one for him at least

9 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Jerrah logic..... guy is a fucking moron when it comes to football.  

And he most likely would have negotiated his cap number down with a year or two extended on contract so this could have been 15-16m.  smh.  This is just terrible roster management.  May end up being the biggest blunder of the offseason for any team.

And this isn't hindsight speaking here. Everyone said it was fucking dumb as shit in real time. 

5 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

I don’t think they shopped him. They kinda telegraphed they would cut him. I think Cleveland reached out on their own and Stephen jumped in it. Stupidity. Cooper is gone because he pissed off Jerry by not getting vaxxed or said some shit to Dak. You have to look past shit like that and look at the production on the field. That should have got a one for him at least

The thing that I don't understand in all this after the fact talk about Cooper supposedly being a bad teammate or possibly saying something to Dak is Cooper is legit the least diva high level receiver I can remember in the NFL (outside of maybe Cooper Kupp). The closest he ever came to being a malcontent was passive aggressively saying that Kellen Moore should try to get the ball to his playmakers (which, duh, he should). It's almost as if his quiet nature left a vacuum for critics to project diva like qualities on to him due to the absence of him displaying any actual diva like qualities.