Dallas Cowboys 2022 Regular Season Thread: Fuck Jerry Jones

Vic Mackey

23 minutes ago, DougO said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick is available. At least it would be kind fun.

I'd be down for this. Anyone but Cooper Rush.

This is another wasted season that was lost in the offseason and never got off the ground and never even really had a chance. I already see some scouting who will be there in the draft. Fun times. At some point, my interest in this team will be zero. It's already declined over time. Not at zero, though. 

On 9/7/2022 at 11:30 PM, Hermanator said:

If Peters proves as durable as he's been through his career and solid along with Smith looking solid at LG I can see this being a surprisingly good season. This should be the best defense they've had since 2007 if not earlier. Dak and the offense don't have to be great. Just have to be opportunistic, run the ball, and hit the big ones more times than not when they're there. 

A good defense and running game will keep them in games. 

Yet another post to prove this guy is a moron. 

14 hours ago, mdmost said:

None of this bothers me because I gave up caring a while back. This thing will never change as long as the Jones family are in charge. Why this doesn't send Jerry to an early grave is something I will never know. Stephen is just plain incompetent but I feel he doesn't have the same stupid bloodlust that Jerry has to prove to everyone that he is "a football man". He at least would hire a GM after failing for 20 years. 

I think I stopped caring somewhere in the Campo era. I got excited again in the Parcells / Wade era, but quickly regressed to apathy. 

I’ve never really had a pro fan experience like the Cowboys. I was distraught when the Rangers lost to the Cards and the Mavs lost to the Heat. I haven’t cared about any Cowboys playoff loss. I laugh at losses like last night. I laugh at people like Vic that post shit about the Cowboys during the Horns-Bama game. 

If they ever win anything of substance, great. If they lose, it’s funny. I have nothing in common with diehards of this team. They are poor and fat and stupid. Fuck them. 

2 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

I think I stopped caring somewhere in the Campo era. I got excited again in the Parcells / Wade era, but quickly regressed to apathy. 

I’ve never really had a pro fan experience like the Cowboys. I was distraught when the Rangers lost to the Cards and the Mavs lost to the Heat. I haven’t cared about any Cowboys playoff loss. I laugh at losses like last night. I laugh at people like Vic that post shit about the Cowboys during the Horns-Bama game. 

If they ever win anything of substance, great. If they lose, it’s funny. I have nothing in common with diehards of this team. They are poor and fat and stupid. Fuck them. 

That’s damn poetic.

I didn’t even watch last night. Already knew the season was pointless.

3 hours ago, Hate said:

For those thinking Amari Cooper was some elite WR, he had 3 catches for 17 yards yesterday.  The problem is the offensive system.  It sucks along with everything else associated with this franchise.  I'm 100% serious that Micah should immediately demand a trade.  He should not have to have the stink of this franchise associated with him.

Apples and oranges. Amari was in a new system with Brissett. Anyone thinking Amari by himself wouldn’t have resulted in more first downs and at least one touchdown should be ignored or ridiculed depending on your mood. 

The organization is shit starting from the top. Football problems are secondary. Look at the environment people are working in.

Ex. Rich Dalrymple - accused of filming cheerleaders in the locker room. The organization paid a $2.4M settlement to keep 4 women quiet. Dalrymple was also accused of taking upskirt photos of Charlotte Jones (Jerry’s daughter) during a live stream of the draft room in 2015. This was never definitively proven and the live stream has never been seen again. 

Dalrymple worked 32 years in the organization and retired in 2022, years after the 2015 allegations and settlement, and he retired this year when the story broke. This is why the DCC cheerleader show didn’t air this year after 16 years despite the claims of being cancelled.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, MrBig said:

The organization is shit starting from the top. Football problems are secondary. Look at the environment people are working in.

Ex. Rich Dalrymple - accused of filming cheerleaders in the locker room. The organization paid a $2.4M settlement to keep 4 women quiet. Dalrymple was also accused of taking upskirt photos of Charlotte Jones (Jerry’s daughter) during a live stream of the draft room in 2015. This was never definitively proven and the live stream has never been seen again. 

Dalrymple worked 32 years in the organization and retired in 2022, years after the 2015 allegations and settlement, and he retired this year when the story broke. This is why the DCC cheerleader show didn’t air this year after 16 years despite the claims of being cancelled.

That whole deal was weird. I very much doubt the upskirt deal.  I also doubt the seriousness of the DCC accusations. 

Going back to Moore, Zeke was actually running well last night and the OL was opening holes that he found. We are without Cooper and Gallup. Shaky pass protection. So of course what does Carrot Top Jr do? Lean on a terrible pass game all night. This wasn't just running just to run. I think Zeke was averaging 5yds a pop. . They also told us how much they were going to use Turpin. 0 touches. Reminds me of them telling us how involved Tavon Austin was going to be.

• Hook 'Em 1

Going back to Moore, Zeke was actually running well last night and the OL was opening holes that he found. We are without Cooper and Gallup. Shaky pass protection. So of course what does Carrot Top Jr do? Lean on a terrible pass game all night. This wasn't just running just to run. I think Zeke was averaging 5yds a pop. . They also told us how much they were going to use Turpin. 0 touches. Reminds me of them telling us how involved Tavon Austin was going to be.

They did kill the first two drives with idiotic trick plays when regular plays were working fine.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

That’s a major issue. Moore is terrible at calling plays because he was a career backup. To Scott linehan. As was Jason Garrett. They suck at establishing tempo, a cadence of plays, and keeping it simple.

We were doing ok running straight ahead with 20 and 21. Tyler Smith held his own. Losing McGovern hurt. Finding shorty passed. D kept cowboys in the game.

Got a drive going. Moore calls a stupid trick play for loss of yardage on first down. Or we get a killer penalty. Or throw into triple coverage. Where were our two new TEs? The new WRs. Turpin’s speed? No where. If mike wants to keep his job he should take back play calling.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Porterhouse said:

That whole deal was weird. I very much doubt the upskirt deal.  I also doubt the seriousness of the DCC accusations. 

Why? The Cowboys paid $2.4M in settlement money at the time. And when the story broke, Dalrymple very quickly retired. Seems kind of odd timing-wise.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

It was rather strange to see the strategery in a low scoring game. Where are all the jet sweeps with Turpin and getting Pollard involved in different things? It was so vanilla, especially for genius wonderboy midget whiz kid.

• Hook 'Em 1

I would have thought a lot of two TE stuff would be logical considering the OL issues and lack of receiver depth. Easier to provide protection and slip somebody out for a short pass. They like Ferguson a lot and he looks like a player. 

Still, Dak went 3 1/2 quarters and put 3 points on the board, so maybe he won't be missed all that much.

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Why? The Cowboys paid $2.4M in settlement money at the time. And when the story broke, Dalrymple very quickly retired. Seems kind of odd timing-wise.

Sounds like an amount indicative of a misunderstanding. If those gals had been harassed by Fix This Shit Rich, the payout would’ve been much higher. And he wasn’t dismissed right away, right?  I think those gals saw a mistake was made and capitalized on it. They weren’t violated. 

3 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

You’ve described the fan base of every single NFL franchise. Because the fanbases are mostly comprised of the populations of the USA & Canada. 

At least we have our club/suite crowd who are rich, fit and stupid. 

Just now, Gucci_Suit said:

You’ve described the fan base of every single NFL franchise. Because the fanbases are mostly comprised of the populations of the USA & Canada. 

At least we have our club/suite crowd who are rich, fit and stupid. 

I have no doubt. I’m not considering going to a Cowboys game, even with free tickets. I’d consider it if a) a helicopter flew me in and out close to me house, b) I could be whisked in and out of my suite / prime seats and c) the Cowboys were at least playing a divisional playoff game (least likely of the 3). I’m never going to consider going to any other stadium. It’s different with NBA and MLB - I love going to other arenas and stadiums. 

41 minutes ago, DougO said:

I've been around Dalrumplestiltskin several times. Always seemed like a creepy fuck.

My wife commented on how strange it was there was no DCC show this year. Even during the peak of COVID, they kept the DCC show going with virtual tryouts. I looked up why there was no show and found out about the Dalrymple accusations and settlement. He seems like a known abuser that has been doing this a long time. But Jerry knows the football show must go on, even if his longtime exec allegedly filmed women inappropriately (including his own daughter) with a phone. I can’t imagine what it’s like being a player and trusting this organization with your entire career. 

4 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

I have no doubt. I’m not considering going to a Cowboys game, even with free tickets. I’d consider it if a) a helicopter flew me in and out close to me house, b) I could be whisked in and out of my suite / prime seats and c) the Cowboys were at least playing a divisional playoff game (least likely of the 3). I’m never going to consider going to any other stadium. It’s different with NBA and MLB - I love going to other arenas and stadiums. 

It’s kinda fun. I went solo to the Boys-Saints game at the super dome last year. It was fun but their suite/club crowd is also poor, fat and stupid. 

20 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:

It’s kinda fun. I went solo to the Boys-Saints game at the super dome last year. It was fun but their suite/club crowd is also poor, fat and stupid. 

Rolling solo to an NFL game….that’s a choice one could make.  
image.gif.5c33a44385efc11122469b2d25cee4e9.gif

21 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Philly will win division. Washington will get a wild card. Watch. 

4 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Lol

Zeke has between 5-7 yds on 8 of his 10 carries in that game. He was averaging 5.5 ypc for most of the game.

The fact that the OC decided to run shitty trick plays instead of straight up runs is why they didn’t have a dominant run game. Which is still Jerry’s fault because McCarthy and the 12 yr old dude.

Fire that fat fuck and bring in Sean Payton OR Shanahan.

Cowboys S Jayron Kearse, the team's most versatile defensive back and Week 1 defensive captain, exited stadium on crutches following knee injury vs. Bucs. He'll have MRI on Monday, person familiar with situation said. Dak Prescott not the only team leader injured tonight.

Starting LG Connor McGovern suffered a high ankle sprain during tonight's game and will miss time. That's usually a 4-6 week injury.

The Cowboys are the first team since the 1935 Bears to not score a TD in their season opener after leading the NFL in both total offense and scoring offense the previous season.

The last time the Cowboys scored fewer than six points in a season opener was Sept. 10, 1989: Troy Aikman's NFL debut and Jimmy Johnson's NFL head coaching debut. The first game of a 1-15 season in Jerry Jones' first year as Dallas owner.

Four more primetime games and six national 4 pm games remain for the Dallas Cowboys.

Tom Brady remains undefeated against the Cowboys. He is 7-0 against Dallas in his career.

5 hours ago, DougO said:

OK, I'm putting on my homer hat. Cowboys start 0-2, that's pretty much a given. Potential winnable games with Rush/Grier combo vs Detroit, Chicago, and either Giants or Redskins, gets them to 3-5 going into the bye week. Dak comes back for Green Bay, leads Cowboys to 7-3 the rest of the way, 9-8 shitty East division champs.

OK, fuck all that shit. Can we stage an insurrection at Cowboys headquarters and install Elon Musk or Condi Rice or somebody as the new owner/GM?

DougO? More like DumbO amiright?? 

5 hours ago, DougO said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick is available. At least it would be kind fun.

Back to DougO! 

23 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

Zeke has between 5-7 yds on 8 of his 10 carries in that game. He was averaging 5.5 ypc for most of the game.

The fact that the OC decided to run shitty trick plays instead of straight up runs is why they didn’t have a dominant run game. Which is still Jerry’s fault because McCarthy and the 12 yr old dude.

Fire that fat fuck and bring in Sean Payton OR Shanahan.

The Little Ball of Hate said McCarthy isn't called "Missionary Mike" for nothing today on FB. I've not heard that nickname before but I love it.

Edited by C-Man

5 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

the day before Campo was hired I told my buddy if Jones hires Campo I'm done, well I wasn't done but on my way. Signing TO pretty much put  nail in it. I still watch but I just can't even get upset about them anymore. My 89 year old dad has been a fan since they started and turned me into a fan in '69-'70 when I was 6 years old, bought me the Dallas Cowboy's Weekly for years but a few years ago he started recording the games, win and he watches, lose and he deletes it.   I think he's got the right idea. lol

2 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

DougO? More like DumbO amiright?? 

Back to DougO! 

You’re wasting time on a guy who totally dismissed Amari’s departure and routinely refers to the Eagles as the Fecals. He’s a fucking moron. 

2 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Why do the Cowboys have over 20 million in cap space anyways?

1. Money was set aside for Randy Gregory and there was no plan B.

2. Stephen Jones is cheap and will continue this trend.

Other?

Yeah, 3. Who gives a flying fuck?

I love that the crowd full of poor fat people was booing the team. It’ll be interesting to see if the attitude of the unwashed masses holds and it affects attendance. As it stands right now this is a 4-13 team. 

2 hours ago, hookem48 said:

the day before Campo was hired I told my buddy if Jones hires Campo I'm done, well I wasn't done but on my way. Signing TO pretty much put  nail in it. I still watch but I just can't even get upset about them anymore. My 89 year old dad has been a fan since they started and turned me into a fan in '69-'70 when I was 6 years old, bought me the Dallas Cowboy's Weekly for years but a few years ago he started recording the games, win and he watches, lose and he deletes it.   I think he's got the right idea. lol

What was wrong with the TO signing? I wish we would actually go back to those days where we actually went out and signed good free agents. TO instantly made this offense better and was a great addition. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

What was wrong with the TO signing? I wish we would actually go back to those days where we actually went out and signed good free agents. TO instantly made this offense better and was a great addition. 

There was nothing wrong with it from a talent standpoint.  That said, Parcells didn't want it.  Now Parcells may have been wrong but Jerry brings him in to try to cede back some football control to somebody who actually knew football after fucking things up for 7 or 8 years.  Jerry held his wad for all of three seasons (sort of) before completely stepping back into the personnel limelight.  And ultimately it was unsuccessful by the metric everybody talks about around here.

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Like 1

I'd be down for this. Anyone but Cooper Rush.
This is another wasted season that was lost in the offseason and never got off the ground and never even really had a chance. I already see some scouting who will be there in the draft. Fun times. At some point, my interest in this team will be zero. It's already declined over time. Not at zero, though. 

I hate bandwagon fans but I too am approaching this. I stopped watching in the 2nd and went to do dumb stuff outside. I’ll be in San Diego this Sunday so won’t watch but I’ll Google the final.