Dallas Cowboys 2022 Regular Season Thread: Fuck Jerry Jones

Vic Mackey

10 minutes ago, Drew said:

I’m still laughing at the obvious OPI that wasn’t called when I KNOW our receivers would be.

And now they’re going to lose. Was only a matter of time. This defense can get pressure but can’t hold. Too many mistakes extending drives for points and their inability to get off the field on 3rd and 4th down.

More of the same.

I saw 88 get called for that last week.

• Like 1

And anyone claiming that Dak don’t win This game is nuts. That was a different team with a Different game plan. Run Zeke early. Okay action off if. Run pollard later. They win by 10 with Dak. They don’t turtle in the 2nd half for sure.

But I know, I know, expecting reality on social media is too much to ask for.

This is how you compete. Defensive secondary is still questionable. Offense still doesn’t have much talent outside of RB and Lamb when he plays like it.

Noah Brown could be was Cedrick Wilson was the last couple years.

11 minutes ago, Drew said:

And anyone claiming that Dak don’t win This game is nuts. That was a different team with a Different game plan. Run Zeke early. Okay action off if. Run pollard later. They win by 10 with Dak. They don’t turtle in the 2nd half for sure.

But I know, I know, expecting reality on social media is too much to ask for.

This is how you compete. Defensive secondary is still questionable. Offense still doesn’t have much talent outside of RB and Lamb when he plays like it.

Noah Brown could be was Cedrick Wilson was the last couple years.

Dak missed about every throw last week. Cooper didn't today. and Pollard had the second fucking touch. 7 yards for a 1st down. He had two runs in the first drive.

6 minutes ago, Jameslaw121 said:

Dak missed about every throw last week. Cooper didn't today. and Pollard had the second fucking touch. 7 yards for a 1st down. He had two runs in the first drive.

Dak was absolutely atrocious last week. Is TB's defense that much better than Cincy's? I dunno.

• Hook 'Em 1

I don’t know if Cooper is better than Dak, but I know Cooper plays with more balls and confidence and swagger than Dak and I know that he’s stepped up twice and won games with big ball fourth quarter drives and I know that both in the game of football and life, eventually people are going to be drawn and follow someone like Cooper based off action.

2 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

Dak was under a lot more pressure last week than Cooper was this week. 

Cooper is Card.

unfortunately, Dak isn’t Quinn.

Cooper Rush is much more than Card.  Like 5x or 6x Card.  Love Card.  Very thankful for his dedication to the work clothes.   Cooper Rush looks like an NFL starter.   Card is not going to the league.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Cooper Rush is much more than Card.  Like 5x or 6x Card.  Love Card.  Very thankful for his dedication to the work clothes.   Cooper Rush looks like an NFL starter.   Card is not going to the league.

Cooper Rush doesn’t “look like an NFL starter” as anything other than a backup filling in for an injured starter.

if he actually “looked like an NFL starter” some other team would have snagged him when Dallas waiver him before the season in a roster move.

No one did. 

if Dallas were to waive Dak today, some team would pick him off waivers, even with an injured thumb and ridiculous contract.

Edited by lilMAC25

Kickers, man. This is why you have to keep the same ones in rotation in the nfl. As soon as one gets cut and your kicker is struggling, go grab the one that just got cut. They’re all nfl caliber kickers. As soon as they get their confidence back they’re fine for the most part. When Maher best out Bailey, he looked like a good kicker with a big leg. Then he lost all his confidence. Now he’s back to being a solid nfl kicker… until he’s not. They’re all the same. Outside of the elite ones, they’re all the same 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

if Dallas were to waive Dak today, some team would pick him off waivers, even with an injured thumb and ridiculous contract.

draft/ roster capital aside, don't fucking tease us with that shit.  Ain't nobody taking that contract, but if anyone would it would be Jerrah trying to pay it twice.

Cooper Rush doesn’t “look like an NFL starter” as anything other than a backup filling in for an injured starter.

if he actually “looked like an NFL starter” some other team would have snagged him when Dallas waiver him before the season in a roster move.

No one did. 

Actually most teams like the backup QBs that have been thru OTAs and camp. Taking a qb off another roster is usually a result of an injury or absolute disaster. It takes them time to learn the system. There is a huge pool of backups out there that are free agents.

If you fear a pick in waivers you put them on the 53 like ehlinger.

Dak’s captained a prolific offense most of his seasons. You could trade him now and teams would take the contract; it’s a bargain compared to coming deals. His third contract will be crazy, likely the range of $500m. You could likely get two ones. Rush isn’t taking Dak’s job.
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Actually most teams like the backup QBs that have been thru OTAs and camp. Taking a qb off another roster is usually a result of an injury or absolute disaster. It takes them time to learn the system. There is a huge pool of backups out there that are free agents.

If you fear a pick in waivers you put them on the 53 like ehlinger.

Dak’s captained a prolific offense most of his seasons. You could trade him now and teams would take the contract; it’s a bargain compared to coming deals. His third contract will be crazy, likely the range of $500m. You could likely get two ones. Rush isn’t taking Dak’s job.

The argument was “Cooper Rush is (or looks like) an NFL starter”, which he isn’t and doesn’t. Not “Cooper Rush is an NFL back up”, which he is and does look like. If he did look like a starter, someone would have taken the chance on snagging him. No one did, because he doesn’t look like an NFL starter.

As far as Dak is concerned, you’re 100% correct, SOMEONE would pick up Dak in a fucking second, just like I said. Hell, someone would likely give up multiple picks for him.

Edited by lilMAC25