Dallas Cowboys 2022 Regular Season Thread: Fuck Jerry Jones

Vic Mackey

14 minutes ago, futureman said:

7th year in the league, $40MM a year, one playoff win.  if that isn’t the definition of fraud I don’t know what is. 

He’s still accomplished more than Quincy Carter, both stats AND wins. For starters, Dak has never had more INTs than TDs, and Quincy never had more TDs than INTs (as a Cowboy. As a Jet, QC had a year with 3 TD and 1 INT).

hell, Dak did more on his initial contract than QC did in his entire career.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CartQu00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PresDa01.htm

Edited by lilMAC25

1 minute ago, lilMAC25 said:

He’s still accomplished more than Quincy Carter, both stats AND wins.

hell, Dak did more on his initial contract than QC did in his entire career.

now you’re just making shit up.  if quincy hadn’t succumbed to the evils of drug abuse he’d be up there with roger and troy. 

his natural talent was off the charts. on a completely different level than that mental midget from louisiana we have now. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, futureman said:

now you’re just making shit up.  if quincy hadn’t succumbed to the evils of drug abuse he’d be up there with roger and troy. 

his natural talent was off the charts. on a completely different level than that mental midget from louisiana we have now. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PresDa01.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CartQu00.htm

I know you enjoy playing Stephen A Smith, but this is insane. While Dak’s contract is ridiculous and an albatross for Dallas, the numbers don’t lie. They aren’t comparable, Dak is light eons better.

Edited by lilMAC25

3 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

A playoff win.

That really is a low fucking bar 

2 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Be glad they didn’t franchise him to sign a year later. Fucking Lamar is refusing after being offered 5/$250m. The qb market is crazy.

To he fair, Lamar has A LOT less to work with and is in the running for his 2nd mvp 

12 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

That really is a low fucking bar 

So what? The statement was “Dak has done nothing that QC hasn’t already done for Dallas”. 

I could have added “a higher winning %, a career completion % over 65, more TDs than INTs” or 10-15 other things that Dak has done that QC never did.

aside from winning a playoff game, Dak is also better in nearly EVERY statistical category.

Edited by lilMAC25

3 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Exactly. Some of these idiots are trying to play the ravens as assholes not respecting Lamar. Uhh they put $250 mill on the table. Lots of it guaranteed. He’s got an idiot for an agent.

Hello, my name is Texzilla58 and I believe every word that comes out of the Ravens front office. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

So what? The statement was “Dak has done nothing that QC hasn’t already done for Dallas”. 

I could have added “a higher winning %, a career completion % over 65, more TDs than INTs” or 10-15 other things that Dak has done that QC never did.

aside from winning a playoff game, Dak is also better in nearly EVERY statistical category.

My plea is to please stop quoting and engaging the troll. If there was any doubt whatsoever, making a QC comparison is the dead give away. How about some legitimate conversations for a change?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

My plea is to please stop quoting and engaging the troll. If there was any doubt whatsoever, making a QC comparison is the dead give away. How about some legitimate conversations for a change?

Which troll?

😆

fair enough though. 

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Haha 1

Frankly, I think the Ravens are tapped out with Lamar. Let him walk and re-boot. They seem to have a hard ceiling with him and that type of offense. It's OK if they have a dominant defense, but it's not that any more. 

19 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

And they’ll never get anywhere with him.  

Maybe, maybe not. My point was that if we’re comparing salaries and who is worth what, Lamar has proven that he’s worth more than Dak. 

This ravens team won’t go anywhere because it’s literally just Lamar out there free styling. Their defense is trash and outside of Andrews (apologies to duverney in advance), they have jack shit got weapons.

Will Futureman ever stop this Schtick or keep it going forever?

Also Dak has proven over and over again he’s worth getting paid as tbe 8-10th guy right now. He’ll be 12th by this time next season. Like WTF? Y’all be so worried about QB salaries when it’s literally not affecting the team in anyway.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Hermanator said:

His dedication to the shtick is hilarious at this point. He's a Venus fly trap waiting for new posters to troll with it. 

Not even new posters. Just a Dallas loss or a poor showing from Dak is all it takes. Generally speaking, fans are morons with short memories and even less loyalty.

Some decent blocking analysis from the YouTubez, mostly focusing on the Dallas O-line's run blocking but with a couple of pass plays. Also underscores what a beast Donald is (as if we didn't know).

I'm definitely one of those who doesn't think the line does very good in pass protection, but if they keep run blocking like this, things should pick up for the offense.

Edited by Braff Zacklin

On 10/9/2022 at 2:33 PM, DougO said:

Randy Gregory had 6 sacks in his best seasons with the Cowboys, twice.

Dorance Armstrong has 4 in his first 4.2 games this season.

Pulling this from the Cowboys-Rams game thread. Meant to address it but the game started fast and furious and never got around to it.

Just wanted to say that, yes, letting Gregory go does seem like an unintended stroke of luck ... but what a difference a couple of seasons makes. If you pressed me back in 2018 or 2019, I might've opined that Randy was Dallas' most impactful defender after D-Law.

But now? Not sure he'd even crack the top 10 or 15. The amount of youth, speed and talent the staff has amassed in a relatively short time is awesome. So much promise.

This is a minority opinion, but I always thought it was kind of weird for grown men to wear jerseys of other men.

This is becoming a more popular opinion. Also, the idea of a wife wearing a jersey with another man’s name across the back is also questionable. Older women wearing a jersey should be a mom, sister or wife.

15 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

I've heard people saying they should stick with Rush because you have to play the hot hand. 

Rush isn't the hot hand. Parsons, Lawrence, and the rest of the defense are the hot hands. Rush is masterfully playing the role of mistake free bus driver who can make a scoring drive when you need it. Valuable as a backup, but you can't expect that to win a title unless you have a lot of luck and the 85 Bears, 2000 Baltimore, or the Denver defense from a few years ago. Maybe this defense is that, but it would be insane not to put back in the QB who is proven much better at getting points when he's ready to go. 

Luckily that will happen. McCarthy isn't as stupid as the fan base. He and Moore need to be drilling it into Dak that getting yards with his feet then getting down or out of bounds, or even throwing it away, is the focus now over forcing throws into coverage. If it's not there then run it or throw it away. 

• Like 3

On 10/10/2022 at 11:47 PM, Braff Zacklin said:

Pulling this from the Cowboys-Rams game thread. Meant to address it but the game started fast and furious and never got around to it.

Just wanted to say that, yes, letting Gregory go does seem like an unintended stroke of luck ... but what a difference a couple of seasons makes. If you pressed me back in 2018 or 2019, I might've opined that Randy was Dallas' most impactful defender after D-Law.

But now? Not sure he'd even crack the top 10 or 15. The amount of youth, speed and talent the staff has amassed in a relatively short time is awesome. So much promise.

A few things......

I was not in favor of signing Gregory to a big contract, but the Jones' brain trust prioritized him.

We didn't him let him go, we fucked up his contract signing and he was stolen at the last minute because of contract language.  In other words, the Jones' brain trust fucked up royally.

Gregory was, as last year, excellent on the field and quite simply an elite pass rusher.  If he was healthy and playing like he was in Denver, he'd be our 2nd best defender.

Gregory's main issue, besides the NFL's drug policy, was being able to stay on the field and this seems to have reared its ugly head...... again.  He's brittle.  

Armstrong has had a great start to the season, but the Cowboys had enough money to afford them both, don't let the Jones brain trust try to convince you they didn't.  Love watching the defense and a lot of guys are playing really well, but it really starts and is because of one guy..... Micah.  And Dan Quinn too... so a couple of guys.

• Like 1

A few things......
I was not in favor of signing Gregory to a big contract, but the Jones' brain trust prioritized him.
We didn't him let him go, we fucked up his contract signing and he was stolen at the last minute because of contract language.  In other words, the Jones' brain trust fucked up royally.
Gregory was, as last year, excellent on the field and quite simply an elite pass rusher.  If he was healthy and playing like he was in Denver, he'd be our 2nd best defender.
Gregory's main issue, besides the NFL's drug policy, was being able to stay on the field and this seems to have reared its ugly head...... again.  He's brittle.  
Armstrong has had a great start to the season, but the Cowboys had enough money to afford them both, don't let the Jones brain trust try to convince you they didn't.  Love watching the defense and a lot of guys are playing really well, but it really starts and is because of one guy..... Micah.  And Dan Quinn too... so a couple of guys.

I think the Jones matching the Denver offer was stupid, and I’m glad they screwed it up and he left town. This D line has been plagued with laziness, drug violations, and enablement for years. Gregory and his suspensions and 64 career tackles, David Irving and his insanity, and Tank with his Hot Boyz bullshit created a underperforming unit. I think Gregory leaving, with Micah and Diggs taking leadership roles, has gotten Tanks attention and he’s playing better.
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 10/12/2022 at 9:36 AM, Texzilla58 said:

I think the Jones matching the Denver offer was stupid, and I’m glad they screwed it up and he left town. This D line has been plagued with laziness, drug violations, and enablement for years. Gregory and his suspensions and 64 career tackles, David Irving and his insanity, and Tank with his Hot Boyz bullshit created a underperforming unit. I think Gregory leaving, with Micah and Diggs taking leadership roles, has gotten Tanks attention and he’s playing better.

Interesting take. We haven't done shit in so long, it seems like trying literally anything might be an improvement at this point. So losing an elite pash rusher and then getting better on defense might be a thing. 

Has there been a non playoff game in the last 10 to 15 years that you've been more jacked for than this one? 

Micah and the defense have given me a renewed excitement to watch. Cowboys have been good offensively but high dollar toilet paper soft for so long this is like finding an oasis in the football desert. I want them to crush Hurts and the Philly offense so bad and keep them under 15 pts total. 

Calling Randy Gregory an elite pass rusher is a more interesting take. He is horrible against the run, and thru last year Had played in only 50 games since 2015 thru last season. Delivering 64 tackles. 16 sacks. While usually good for at least one boneheaded offside penalty on 3rd and short.

Tank Lawrence, by comparison, since 2015, played in 96 games, 200 tackles, 48.5 sacks, and is a beast in the run game.