Dallas Cowboys 2022 Regular Season Thread: Fuck Jerry Jones

Vic Mackey

5 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Good friend has two season tickets in the 100's I think that they usually sell five or so home games a year to pay for the annual nut. Haven't seen him since the Rams game when we watched it together. At that time, he still had some available. I just texted him to see if he had any left. I'll let you know what he says.

Thanks either way.  I truly appreciate it.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/2/2022 at 6:44 AM, KeysPhoneWallet said:

The eagles are a legit good team. I think we beat them next meeting, but expect them to roll to the 1 seed. 

Eagles are good but, sans injuries, there won't be any excuse for not beating them on Christmas Eve. They will be on their 3rd consecutive road game which is really rare in the NFL. And on a short week at that. 

Your son might like the SRO tix which are dirt cheap. Get there early and get a space on the rail or wander the stadium and eat grub, go to the pro shop, and watch the game on the big screen.

If you go on seat geek there are some great deals. I’m seeing tix in the 100’s in the $250-500 range, and up in the 400’s for $100-200 each.

8 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Your son might like the SRO tix which are dirt cheap. Get there early and get a space on the rail or wander the stadium and eat grub, go to the pro shop, and watch the game on the big screen.

If you go on seat geek there are some great deals. I’m seeing tix in the 100’s in the $250-500 range, and up in the 400’s for $100-200 each.

I may or may not have bought SRO seats for the game agains the Lions in the playoffs and ended up in the front row of the 400’s on the 40 yard line by mid 1st quarter.  You just wait to find a row that no one is sitting in, which means they’re likely scalper owned seats, and occupy them.   

On 10/25/2022 at 7:28 PM, Vic Mackey said:

If the offense isn't going to be putting up big numbers as they have did in the past, defense will need to sure up their holes going forward.

*done

**shore

Fantastic job there. 

Any secret to getting tickets?  It's all my soon-to-be 16 year-old wants for his birthday.  
I tried Stubhub and Vivid.  30 rows up, in the corner = $985 w/ fees.  I mean, I realize this isn't Texas Stadium in the 70's, but Jesus.  There's got to be a better way.

My uncle has season tickets to the horns and the cowboys. When the horns play at night and the cowboys at noon I get his cowboys tickets. That’s my secret.
  • Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

All good.  Thanks for checking.  

Sounds like he's going to use the Colts tix now but the Eagles (I think) are available). He said the Eagles tix are $425/each. I'll probably see him at lunch today with friends so I'll confirm. LMK if you're interested at $425 and I'll get exact location. I'm 99.9% certain they're in the 100's.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Sounds like he's going to use the Colts tix now but the Eagles (I think) are available). He said the Eagles tix are $425/each. I'll probably see him at lunch today with friends so I'll confirm. LMK if you're interested at $425 and I'll get exact location. I'm 99.9% certain they're in the 100's.

I bit the bullet this morning.  A tier higher than my preference, but less than the $1k I saw 3 days ago.  Thanks again.

• Hook 'Em 1

That's what worries me. 

Same. Cowboys off ends struggles at all, get some weird calls(always a worry with the refs, especially up there), and Aaron Rodgers turning back the clock to All Pro future HOFer, and maybe even they realize that Aaron Jones is their best player mucking the game up to be a slower ball controlled tempo and it being a close game late with Rodgers with the ball to give us headaches.
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

The guy had them at 12-5 last year and this year has them at 6-2 at the bye with the starting QB missing 5 games. I thought he'd be a failure after that stupid 2020 season with Nolan but the guy has turned it around and is a good coach. 

Yeah, we'll see. If we turtle up in the playoffs again, I'll be right, and very unhappy. If we make a deep run, I'll change my tune a bit, and will be much happier.

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

"Because in his prime he was good enough to overcome my ineptitude."

I know we like to shit on Fat Mike. Lord knows he's done some idiotic things with clock management. The playoff loss last year was some especially dumb shit. But come on. Has LaFluer fared any better than Fat Mike? What has he accomplished in GB with Aaron that Fat Mike didn't? Aaron played at an MVP level for 2 seasons under LaFluer and it went to waste. And now GB is a disaster. If FM was still there everyone would be shitting all over him. Nobody seems to be shitting on LaFluer.

FM has a winning record through 2 1/2 seasons here. The Mike Nolan hire was regarded but the mistake was corrected. They are on a good track. FM has his warts but to say he is inept or a bad football coach, when he has a winning record over a long period of time, is not quite accurate to me.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Like 1

I know we like to shit on Fat Mike. Lord knows he's done some idiotic things with clock management. The playoff loss last year was some especially dumb shit. But come on. Has LaFluer fared any better than Fat Mike? What has he accomplished in GB with Aaron that Fat Mike didn't? Aaron played at an MVP level for 2 seasons under LaFluer and it went to waste. And now GB is a disaster. If FM was still there everyone would be shitting all over him. Nobody seems to be shitting on LaFluer.

FM has a winning record through 2 1/2 seasons here. The Mike Nolan hire was regarded but the mistake was corrected. They are on a good track. FM has his warts but to say he is inept or a bad football coach, when he has a winning record over a long period of time, is not quite accurate to me.
I agree. I used to be on the bandwagon that Fat Mike owes all his success to Rodgers. And maybe some of that is true but Rodgers is extremely toxic when he's not getting his way and will throw every single person under the bus. I'm sure Mike is glad he doesn't have to deal with that guy any longer.

Green Bay hasn't did anything they didn't do under Mike since his departure.

I'm glad we have Mike over Garrett for sure but Kellen is a real problem. He's terrible. He's a Garrett clone. It seems another Jerry and Stephen decision to keep him around. I wish Mike would take over the offense and kick Kellen to the curb. Kellen was a big reason at lost to SF last season in the playoffs. That game plan was terrible. Every possession counted since the defense wasn't really slowing down SF and allowing long drives. OL was very weak so I get it's hard to gameplan around that but you have to try. And he didn't.

Dak has played with some terrible OCs his whole career. It's hard to overcome that unless you are very elite and he's not. Very few are. I wish we had an offensive mind like McVey, who can make noodle arm dorks like Goff and Stafford look really good. He got to the Super Bowl with both.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Rodgers was in his prime for FM, he's declined ever since, partially because he's an asshole and a fucking weirdo. I sort of agree with Vic that Moore might be the bigger problem, I hate him more than FM. If he would replace him with someone who can be as successful as Quinn has been with the D, that would make a huge difference. Probably can't do it midseason when you have a winning record, but we are winning despite Moore, not because of him.

11 hours ago, Drew said:

Same. Cowboys off ends struggles at all, get some weird calls(always a worry with the refs, especially up there), and Aaron Rodgers turning back the clock to All Pro future HOFer, and maybe even they realize that Aaron Jones is their best player mucking the game up to be a slower ball controlled tempo and it being a close game late with Rodgers with the ball to give us headaches.

I remember being there when the Cowboys made Matt Flynn millions in free agency by letting him come back from a 23 point deficit, filling in for Rodgers. One of the most depressing 2 1/2 hour drives back home of my life.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

Rodgers was in his prime for FM, he's declined ever since, partially because he's an asshole and a fucking weirdo. I sort of agree with Vic that Moore might be the bigger problem, I hate him more than FM. If he would replace him with someone who can be as successful as Quinn has been with the D, that would make a huge difference. Probably can't do it midseason when you have a winning record, but we are winning despite Moore, not because of him.

When Moore sticks to the run and Dak doesn’t audible every play to a pass, Dallas offense is pretty tough to stop.

I'm not a huge Odell fan because he has been one of the most overrated players in the league for years after his early success, though he did show up in a couple of games late for the Rams last year. But his style is a pretty decent fit for what they are lacking in the receiving corps, somebody that's better in that mid-range area, more physical, capable of taking a short gain and making it a bigger one, moving the chains. A one or two year deal with a reasonable salary could be good. I don't expect greatness, but it can fill an immediate need if he's healthy, though staying healthy is another question. 

But if they're in a bidding war against some other teams offering stupid money, forget it.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/8/2022 at 11:29 AM, 'stache said:

"Because in his prime he was good enough to overcome my ineptitude."

The further those two are separated the better McCarthy looks. Rodgers won one title. With him. And hasn’t done dick since except look good in the regular season. Not that I think McCarthy is great, but he appears to be a players coach, and can manage the fucked up management of the Cowboys. He lets Moore and Quinn do their jobs. He has no ego. 

On 11/8/2022 at 11:37 AM, Hermanator said:

The guy had them at 12-5 last year and this year has them at 6-2 at the bye with the starting QB missing 5 games. I thought he'd be a failure after that stupid 2020 season with Nolan but the guy has turned it around and is a good coach. 

What will he be without Quinn?  I still worry about this...... and Philbin as OL coach.

On 11/8/2022 at 1:37 PM, 'stache said:

Thumb and Rodgers also had arguably the best defense in the league and an obvious top 5 squad with Dom Capers.