Dallas Cowboys 2022 Regular Season Thread: Fuck Jerry Jones

Vic Mackey

On 10/27/2022 at 10:31 AM, youdunnf'dup said:

We’ll never do it, but this team should absolutely be in on Brandin cooks. They should at least be trying to find o it what it’s going to take. He is the perfect fit for what this offense needs, and he would be a legitimate replacement for Cooper. Proven player who isn’t a locker room cancer that can take the top off a defense. 

I'm not sure the answer is Cooks, who's reported price is a day two pick and another picks so probably like a 2nd and 5th or 3rd and 4th.  Cooks is a nice player but he's also a concussion away from taking some serious time off.  That said, I do think we could use another WR, a CB, and another LB.  They don't have to be huge names but guys who can do specific things like Hankins, who we just got for next to nothing.  

On 10/27/2022 at 11:02 AM, cmontexas said:

Dont trade any draft picks. The whole team has basically been built through the draft, wo we need as many bites of the apple as we can get. Remember when everyone wanted to trade 1st rounders for Jamal Adams?

No.  I don't remember any serious person wanting to trade multiple 1st rounders for Jamal Adams.  I seem to remember folks thinking a 2nd may be FMV, but obviously were seriously outbid.

When thinking about trade possibilities, is it preferable to think about what positions we’d like to see upgraded, or what players might be available? To me, Anthony brown is the clear position we could try to upgrade via FA. Maybe we, but really I think we can get what we need out of the guys we have, and you have to consider the tight ends as part of the we corp.

Wouldn't mind trading a 3rd rounder for a good cornerback. I do not want to see Kelvin Joseph getting meaningful snaps at CB in a big game.

Eagles traded for AJ Brown and its helped put them over the top so far. Also made a couple of other nice moves. 

Not sure who is out there but I'm not sure a Brandin Cooks or the like really moves the needle.

They aren't trading for a receiver. They have James Washington about to return, and probably the Green Bay game after the bye as he's been running routes and catching passes for a couple of weeks now. They see him as that mid season addition to boost them and Lamb, Gallup, Washington along with Schultz, Ferguson, and Hendershot look to give a lot of options for Dak. Then you have Noah Brown as a backup. 

They probably view Tyron similarly along the OL. They don't need a TE. Don't need a RB. They're stacked at DL and are fine at LB. I'm guessing if any trade is done its for a defensive back. Wilson just had cramping and went in for an IV so he's good to go, buy Kearse and Hooker are banged up.  With Lewis gone they only have Bland as any kind of slot corner. And of course the prospect of Joseph playing every down if anything happens to Diggs or Brown. 

They aren't trading for a receiver. They have James Washington about to return, and probably the Green Bay game after the bye as he's been running routes and catching passes for a couple of weeks now. They see him as that mid season addition to boost them and Lamb, Gallup, Washington along with Schultz, Ferguson, and Hendershot look to give a lot of options for Dak. Then you have Noah Brown as a backup. 
They probably view Tyron similarly along the OL. They don't need a TE. Don't need a RB. They're stacked at DL and are fine at LB. I'm guessing if any trade is done its for a defensive back. Wilson just had cramping and went in for an IV so he's good to go, buy Kearse and Hooker are banged up.  With Lewis gone they only have Bland as any kind of slot corner. And of course the prospect of Joseph playing every down if anything happens to Diggs or Brown. 

A big corner move sounds about right. I think LVE could be upgraded and I think his contract is about up, so it’s time to either sign or move on. Roquan smith wasn’t a bad idea to play next to Micah.

It's one thing to think it but a whole different level to actually see how big of a difference. Even Davis in his first ever carries looked indistinguishable from Zeke. 

It's at the point where it could hurt team chemistry if Zeke comes back and the offense bogs down again. They all seem to like Zeke but they want to win. 

If there was ever a year to make a deep playoff run, this is the year. The big players are very down this year and might not even make the playoffs in Rams, Bucs, Packers. That could all change though but right now, all of them look weak.

Giants are frauds and will fade away over time. No one in the South at all scare you.

Vikings are 6-1 but they have Cousins so that alone shouldn't scare you.

Eagles are 7-0 and with their remaining schedule could get the 1 seed but do they really scare anyone? Nah.

Pull out all the stops. Make any trade you need to. Go for it. This is the point where Rodgers and Brady are on their way out.

6376ea2519730c7f5aa84bf6e8431227.jpg

6 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

If there was ever a year to make a deep playoff run, this is the year. The big players are very down this year and might not even make the playoffs in Rams, Bucs, Packers. That could all change though but right now, all of them look weak.

Giants are frauds and will fade away over time. No one in the South at all scare you.

Eagles are 7-0 and with their remaining schedule could get the 1 seed but do they really scare anyone? Nah.

Pull out all the stops. Make any trade you need to. Go for it. This is the point where Rodgers and Brady are on their way out.

We’re cowboys fans, these rules don’t apply. We should expect a decent record and first round defeat like always. Maybe those factors will get us a second round defeat instead. We have players and a decent d coordinator. We still have a fat thumb in charge and a toddler at OC. I’ve always said that maybe Jerry’s blind ass will find a nut eventually but I ain’t ever looking at stats and trends and think they apply to us, ever. We could go 17-0 and I’d expect a playoff loss first game.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Stop getting your hopes up. It's not gonna happen.

McCarthy has been better than I had expected. He's somehow kept it together to turn 2 shitty games from Dak, 1 good game from Dak, and 5 games from Cooper Rush into 6-2. I give him credit for being in this position going forward. 

But we need to see it in the playoffs. 

Edited by Hermanator
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

I get that but I mean more to make some moves today.

If they can't make a run when the NFC is very down, then I'm convinced it will never happen. Which yeah, it probably won't.

The Giants and Eagles have both proven they can mostly suck then win a SB. We are consistently mediocre or above average and do jack shit. The Eagles might break through again this year. I'm already convinced it will never happen for us. The constant is Jerry and his hick ass family which other clubs don't have to deal with. I'll need to see it to believe it, and even then I'll be more convinced we're just living in a simulation.

Edited by 'stache

5 hours ago, 'stache said:

We’re cowboys fans, these rules don’t apply. We should expect a decent record and first round defeat like always. Maybe those factors will get us a second round defeat instead. We have players and a decent d coordinator. We still have a fat thumb in charge and a toddler at OC. I’ve always said that maybe Jerry’s blind ass will find a nut eventually but I ain’t ever looking at stats and trends and think they apply to us, ever. We could go 17-0 and I’d expect a playoff loss first game.

5 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Stop getting your hopes up. It's not gonna happen.

3 hours ago, futureman said:

we'll never win a fucking thing with dak.  get that through your heads.

Rachel Dratch Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

On 10/29/2022 at 10:09 AM, Vic Mackey said:

Battered wife syndrome. We've seen this for nearing 30 decades with the same exact results. Remember, last year at this time we had probably the best offense in the league and a 7 game win streak and our defense was forcing turnovers and playing better.

I don't feel we have enough on offense at the WR position.

It’s been a long time, but not quite 30 decades, yet.

and fuck Lebron James. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/31/2022 at 1:32 PM, Loch Ness Monster said:

And Pollard can't block anyone on passing downs. 

People don't understand what a major factor pass blocking is in playing time for running backs. A lot of really good runners don't get on the field as much because they never developed that skill. Zeke has been pretty good in his career in that regard. It's a major reason he's on the field more. 

People don't understand what a major factor pass blocking is in playing time for running backs. A lot of really good runners don't get on the field as much because they never developed that skill. Zeke has been pretty good in his career in that regard. It's a major reason he's on the field more. 

This is why Emmitt was way better than backwards Barry Sanders. Emmitt was devastating on blitzers.
  • Like 1

On 10/31/2022 at 12:22 AM, Hermanator said:

Welp..... As Garth Brooks sang..... sometimes I thank god for unanswered prayers.

• Hook 'Em 1

A few takes:

The eagles are a legit good team. I think we beat them next meeting, but expect them to roll to the 1 seed. This year it feels like seeding will be critical to getting to the NFCCG, more so than other seasons. Can we get the 2 seed if we’re not a division winner?

I don’t think wr is that big of a need. Like someone said, we’re about to get Washington back and he will give us a good addition in the slot.

I think this team feels like they draft really well and so they value their draft picks, perhaps more than other franchises. It might have made sense to dump some players we aren’t going to resign for some picks, instead of dumping picks for players. Shultz comes to mind seeing what the Vikings gave up for hockenson. We got nothing for trystan hill right? This team sucks at getting value back for players.

I was hoping we’d see a deal for Ramsey or Minoan, but instead the Steelers got a cb from the commanders.

Nope without winning the division, we go down to below the 4 seed. That hasn't changed at all. Highest we can get is a 5 seed without winning the division. Meaning we would most likely need to win 3 road games in a row. Tampa did it 2 years ago and there's been others but it's very rare.

And yes, Eagles are good. But they aren't scary good and heads and shoulders above the rest like top seeds in the past.

Obviously the timing of waiving Hill means he was only kept around as a trade chip, but he ended up having no value there. He's not any better than some practice squad guys a team could sigh for no compensation. Definitely a big draft bust, but fortunately they hit on enough DL in the last couple years.

16 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Welp..... As Garth Brooks sang..... sometimes I thank god for unanswered prayers.

Like the Gregory contract, their wisest transactions tend to be the ones that fall through in their favor.

5 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Obviously the timing of waiving Hill means he was only kept around as a trade chip, but he ended up having no value there. He's not any better than some practice squad guys a team could sigh for no compensation. Definitely a big draft bust, but fortunately they hit on enough DL in the last couple years.

The Cowboys did a good job hyping his alleged progress in preseason, but failed to shop him hard then when they could. It was pretty obvious the reality would prevail by week 8 and nobody would want him. 

Edited by DougO

Another 2nd round wasted pick
11695ba9fc92fbfbc3910352ede0624b.jpg

Wasted the day it was made. Marinellli pounded the table for this turd claiming he could fix him. As I recall he was kicked off his college team for misconduct. He was a lazy college player but Marinelli got emotionally involved. This is a player that should have been a low round or udfa. He should have been cut in camp for several seasons. I’ll never understand the propensity of most front offices to hang on to players simply because of high draft positions. If you suck you suck. Cut your losses and put a player on the 53 that can contribute. Good riddance!
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Wasted the day it was made. Marinellli pounded the table for this turd claiming he could fix him. As I recall he was kicked off his college team for misconduct. He was a lazy college player but Marinelli got emotionally involved. This is a player that should have been a low round or udfa. He should have been cut in camp for several seasons. I’ll never understand the propensity of most front offices to hang on to players simply because of high draft positions. If you suck you suck. Cut your losses and put a player on the 53 that can contribute. Good riddance!

As bad as Hill was, at least he wasn’t Taco Charlton. I cringed when that pick was made and knew he was going to suck.

Edited by Voldemort86

Any secret to getting tickets?  It's all my soon-to-be 16 year-old wants for his birthday.  

I tried Stubhub and Vivid.  30 rows up, in the corner = $985 w/ fees.  I mean, I realize this isn't Texas Stadium in the 70's, but Jesus.  There's got to be a better way.

15 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Any secret to getting tickets?  It's all my soon-to-be 16 year-old wants for his birthday.  

I tried Stubhub and Vivid.  30 rows up, in the corner = $985 w/ fees.  I mean, I realize this isn't Texas Stadium in the 70's, but Jesus.  There's got to be a better way.

It kinda sucks now. I’ve been and if you don’t have tickets in the lower bowl area, you usually just watch the game on the big screen. If you watch on the big screen, then you might as well watch it at home.

good luck in finding something tho.

15 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Good friend has two season tickets in the 100's I think that they usually sell five or so home games a year to pay for the annual nut. Haven't seen him since the Rams game when we watched it together. At that time, he still had some available. I just texted him to see if he had any left. I'll let you know what he says.

• Hook 'Em 1