The Peripheral (Amazon Prime)

Parliament

41 minutes ago, semitired said:

Reveal hidden contents

Tommy going postal was idiotic, but that's just me. Story line is getting chaotic for my taste. 

I cannot disagree with that statement any more strongly.

Spoiler

Tommy has been beat up, run over, discovered a totally invisible car that he put into evidence, that the sheriff un-evidenced, and he clearly flash-backed in the sheriff bathroom hearing the Sheriff's voice to realize the Sheriff was involved in orchestrating his car crash and losing his perp.

Tommy was just told to not only get his shine box by the Sheriff and Corbell (who he knows is a scumbag), they ordered him to go arrest (and clearly eventually kill) 2 people, one of whom is one of his best friends and the other, a girl he's clearly had a crush on his whole life.   With the flat out threat of him being killed in retaliation if he didnt.  

Frankly, based on his look and body language when Tommy was put in his place in the garden by the Sheriff I was FULLY expecting Tommy to actually draw down and blow the Sheriff away at that moment. 

Tommy was so shocked at realizing he was working for the bad guys that he actually took a step back and slowly put his right arm near his holster.... which the Sheriff really didnt notice, but Tommy never drew.  that was the foreshadow moment 3 mins early.  He had to have his crisis of conscience moment in the car before he could fully go forward with murder.

Also dont forget that we were also told that in the original 2090 Jackpot timeline Tommy was who Flynne ended up marrying.  So there clearly is a deep down connection there.

Tommy hit his breaking point, and realized that he was either about to become the Sheriff's bitch, along with being part of killing 2 of his childhood friends, as well as forever being overtly under the thumb and instruction of Corbell.

OR

he had to act to end that shit.  which he did. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 11/28/2022 at 10:05 PM, Texzilla58 said:

We’re 2 eps in and enjoying it. So far story is compelling, CGM is hot, and I like diving into the visions of both the near future and distant future. I’ll probably rewatch to catch bits and pieces of future life. Don’t understand all the haptics shit yet.

The haptics are possibly the easiest part to understand. Seems like the military In the timeline has developed a way to link the sense of teams of soldiers so they can work in unison. But the technology is somewhat primitive and causes the implanted soldiers pain. These guys were all together in the war so they still have a haptic connection between them. 

5 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

there is a post credit scene as well. 

Goddamit.

I hate those so much.

I thought the entire season was outstanding, got better as went it along, and ended well.

7 hours ago, Scary Stranger said:

Kind of anti-climactic season finale. 

Seeing Cherise get one-upped was pretty satisfying. 

13 hours ago, Xminus6 said:
  Hide contents

So is she now physically living in the new stub and still beaming into London? I’m not sure how her consciousness is just transplanted into the version of her in the new stub. 

Spoiler

I don't think there's any consciousness transplantation going on.  I think she opened a new tunnel to a year before the events of this series began and link up the peripheral with herself in that time.  From that point forward, she and the group will proceed along a new timeline, a different stub from the one that ends in her getting shot.

42 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Hide contents

I don't think there's any consciousness transplantation going on.  I think she opened a new tunnel to a year before the events of this series began and link up the peripheral with herself in that time.  From that point forward, she and the group will proceed along a new timeline, a different stub from the one that ends in her getting shot.

Spoiler

That's an interesting plot. So from "our" Flynne's perspective, she really was willing to die. I wonder if we'll see anything from this original stub going forward or if we'll just start the season in the new stub and get to know the versions of those characters there? Seems like the brother and friend from this OG stub would still be able to beam in and interact with the alternate Flynne if the folks in New London want them to.

Edited by Xminus6

49 minutes ago, Xminus6 said:
  Hide contents

That's an interesting plot. So from "our" Flynne's perspective, she really was willing to die. I wonder if we'll see anything from this original stub going forward or if we'll just start the season in the new stub and get to know the versions of those characters there? Seems like the brother and friend from this OG stub would still be able to beam in and interact with the alternate Flynne if the folks in New London want them to.

I hadn't thought about that, but it's a great point.  She can interact with them through the peripheral, in the future.

Spoiler

My wild ass guesses.

There are now 2 stubs that matter. The original stub will stay relevant because Zubov has been ordered to kill anyone associated with that RI breach which would mean Connor, Burton and that whole stub. Connor and Burton are going to fight the Klept.

The other stub will have Flynne fighting Cherise. But it's all in the same London future, just from different stubs.

I guess Flynne died in the main stub. I'm guessing Lowbeer built Flynne a peripheral in same future London, contacted 2nd stub Flynne and told her what their plans are to take down Cherise. I guess that's how Flynne in 2nd stub is going to be part of the same future London.  Maybe??????

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, crash_davis said:
  Hide contents

My wild ass guesses.

There are now 2 stubs that matter. The original stub will stay relevant because Zubov has been ordered to kill anyone associated with that RI breach which would mean Connor, Burton and that whole stub. Connor and Burton are going to fight the Klept.

The other stub will have Flynne fighting Cherise. But it's all in the same London future, just from different stubs.

I guess Flynne died in the main stub. I'm guessing Lowbeer built Flynne a peripheral in same future London, contacted 2nd stub Flynne and told her what their plans are to take down Cherise. I guess that's how Flynne in 2nd stub is going to be part of the same future London.  Maybe??????

Spoiler

Yeah. I’ll be interested to see how they handle it. It seems that the Flynne we see in the end scene with Lowbeer would have no knowledge or history of all the stuff that has happened to OG stub Flynne. Sort of starting over it seems.

Plus, wasn’t the stolen data stored in OG Flynne’s physical brain in that stub? So is that data lost now that she got shot?

Edited by Xminus6

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2022 at 3:15 PM, Augustus said:

Hide contents

Confused Green Bay Packers GIF by Martellus Bennett's Text Back Pack

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/3/2022 at 10:21 AM, Knoxtnhorn said:

Loving this so far.  The "carrot and stick" scene in Ep 3 was awesome.

I'm watching Ep 3 right now and was reading your comment at the same time.  Must have been fate.  Can confirm the awesomeness. 

Edited by Bevo&Pevo
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Well we just watched the whole season and thought that it would come to some satisfying conclusion since it was cancelled. That was a mistake and now we're left in "what if" land. Is it worth reading the two in that series that have been published so far if we want more of this or is it that different where it doesn't work?