Possible Serial Killer in California

TexEx15

On 10/8/2022 at 4:55 AM, Bevo said:

I am sure the killer was in jail during the 400 days when no one was killed.

On 10/8/2022 at 8:13 AM, Scheiss Meister said:

In jail or deployed with a Reserve or National Guard unit.

Or killing people somewhere else that didn't get him on surveillance video.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

Killing strangers and getting away with it is easy. Killing people you know and getting away with it takes talent.

Eh not really. I don’t think more than 60% of homicides ever get solved. At least to a degree where someone is convicted or pleads guilty.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

They caught the guy thanks to tips from the public. They monitored his home until he left. They followed him, stopped him, found him with a gun and a mask, and believe he was out hunting for his next victim.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/arrest-made-series-stockton-california-killings-rcna52430

8067706C-01E6-4721-A213-7411231B5BBD.thumb.jpeg.4a6d0dbe9aaaf3d99ba2792ebd35702e.jpeg

He did not get the message 

6 men, all happening late at night and it sounds like I I would be really curious is they dropped geotags on all 6 locations what they overlap with.

Something like this, without an obviously reported sexual component, typically goes back to some form of retribution or jealousy motive. 

2 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

6 men, all happening late at night and it sounds like I I would be really curious is they dropped geotags on all 6 locations what they overlap with.

Something like this, without an obviously reported sexual component, typically goes back to some form of retribution or jealousy motive. 

He tried to kill a woman but was unsuccessful. She said he made no noise during the attack. 

57 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

He tried to kill a woman but was unsuccessful. She said he made no noise during the attack. 

A map showing the locations of six recent attacks in the city of Stockton that police have tied together via ballistic tests, pointing towards a possible serial killer in the area.

What makes this map of locations so weird is that these are for the most part all retail locations, but all of the attacks are well after working hours...

Not really sure about how the victims were selected or why the locations are where they are. #1, the woman who survived is well away from the other locations and may have been a test or a random "chance" he took and realized he liked it.

This is one of those that unless he talks will be considered one of the more motiveless serial killers in a while

3 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

He shot one woman but she survived. 

18 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

A map showing the locations of six recent attacks in the city of Stockton that police have tied together via ballistic tests, pointing towards a possible serial killer in the area.

What makes this map of locations so weird is that these are for the most part all retail locations, but all of the attacks are well after working hours...

Not really sure about how the victims were selected or why the locations are where they are. #1, the woman who survived is well away from the other locations and may have been a test or a random "chance" he took and realized he liked it.

This is one of those that unless he talks will be considered one of the more motiveless serial killers in a while

Nick Diaz, Nate Diaz - The Stockton Slap" T-shirt by MartialMania #Aff ,  #Affiliate, #Nate, #Diaz, #Nick, #Stockton | Stockton slap, Diaz brothers, Nate  diaz

Fascinating in a couple of ways.  Serial killers are very rarely black.  And serial killers tend to hunt in their own ethnic groups, according to Agent Starling (and plenty of literature on the subject).

His motive might be interesting water cooler convo, but in the end doesn't really matter.  It's not as if there's a reason for going around killing strangers that would cause anyone to say, "Oh, well that makes sense, I guess."

23 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Fascinating in a couple of ways.  Serial killers are very rarely black.  And serial killers tend to hunt in their own ethnic groups, according to Agent Starling (and plenty of literature on the subject).

His motive might be interesting water cooler convo, but in the end doesn't really matter.  It's not as if there's a reason for going around killing strangers that would cause anyone to say, "Oh, well that makes sense, I guess."

Not sure “very rarely” is best way to say it, but I haven’t seen the numbers.  Off the top of my head I can think of the Atlanta child killer (Williams?) and the DC snipers.  One of the guys was named Malvo IIRC.  Now this guy, apparently.