Texas opens as a 15 point favorite v Iowa State

TexasMan

23 hours ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

Blocked extra point returns are worth 2 points.

Blocked extra point where Auburn catches it and gets turned around.  He runs backwards 90 yards for a 1-pt safety.

Edited by JBJ

I feel like I'm not watching the same Texas team as some of you. These rah-rah low-talent fucks will be lucky to keep this interesting in the 2nd half. Texas is at home, going to be running downhill, and pretty much better at every position save a few spots on D. Keeping this close will be a W for ISU. 

I mean do y'all really think that ISU is in some different tier than WVU? 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I feel like I'm not watching the same Texas team as some of you. These rah-rah low-talent fucks will be lucky to keep this interesting in the 2nd half. Texas is at home, going to be running downhill, and pretty much better at every position save a few spots on D. Keeping this close will be a W for ISU. 

I mean do y'all really think that ISU is in some different tier than WVU? 

Ill admit it. I am kind of pussy. Just worried about an inexperienced QB vs an excellent defense that is good at disguising coverages. I think the offense will rest on his arm, because I am not expecting much in the run game. ISU is excellent vs the run and Texas will need to establish the pass to run. 

19 minutes ago, dieucla98 said:

Recall, some of these folks are the same that were calling for Sark's head after TT. Long term rational thinking is not a strong suit around here.

I get being overly emotional on gamedays - I'm as guilty as anyone. At this point in the season we have six games to look at - and if you combine how we've looked at home with or without Quinn and how we've looked with Quinn playing it's starting to look like a pretty damn good football team. 

I'm not saying we cover or not - but it should be easy for anyone to understand how this team should be a 2+ score favorite tomorrow. Even if we come out flat with an OU hangover I'm not particularly concerned about losing. And I don't think we will come out flat. 

25 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

15.5 is a lot of points against a solid defense. Even if Texas plays well and controls the game, Iowa State could still score a garbage TD late to lose by 14 or something.

Ton of points vs. an experienced & very good defense that owned Sark last year and a team that is confident after beating us 3 straight. I'll be happy with any W and a healthy team after this game.

• Hook 'Em 3

Unfortunate and unexpected things happen in games. An almost-amazing but dangerous pass can turn into an INT. Sometimes two or more bad things happen in close succession, and a game that should have been a rout (aggy at Bama, eg) is close or even goes the wrong way. That said, This is a game in which an obviously talented QB is leading a talented offense under apparently great offensive coaching. They are doing it in front of a large crowd hungry for an excuse to cheer seriously, on a team that seems from the outside to have gelled around the mentality that they should, can, and will atone for the second halves of 2021. They are facing an anemic offensive opponent, and our defense, while not universally spectacular, is competent. I think ISU will get a few points, but I also think that their scoring will be very limited. Ewers, while in the game, has us averaging well over 4 points per possession, better than #1 offense tOSU. We have been doing well without the ball bouncing our way (fumbles, etc), so these are not particularly "lucky" numbers. For those worried about our ability to win by double digits, you would have to believe that our offense at home with Ewers' going into what will hopefully be his second-ever full conference game, with Billingsley added, against ISU, will not be able to approach what it has averaged against the likes of OU and Bama. Or that ISU will reel off points against us that eluded them in all their matchups so far. Flukes happen, but predicting them seems a bit pessimistic, even for those of us old enough to remember some bad times. I expect us to crush that spread.

And, btw, may KU score every time they touch the ball tomorrow!

Edited by Magus Ossis
spelling fixed
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Magus Ossis said:

Unfortunate and unexpected things happen in games. An almost-amazing but dangerous pass can turn into an INT. Sometimes two or more bad things happen in close succession, and a game that should have been a rout (aggy at Bama, eg) is close or even goes the wrong way. That said, This is a game in which an obviously talented QB is leading a talented offense under apparently great offensive coaching. They are doing it in front of a large crowd hungry for an excuse to cheer seriously, on a team that seems from the outside to have gelled around the mentality that they should, can, and will atone for the second halves of 2021. They are facing an anemic offensive opponent, and our defense, while not universally spectacular, is competent. I think ISU will get a few points, but I also think that their scoring will be very limited. Ewers, while in the game, has us averaging well over 4 points per possession, better than #1 offense tOSU. We have been doing well without the ball bouncing our way (fumbles, etc), so these are not particularly "lucky" numbers. For those worried about our ability to win by double digits, you would have to believe that our offense at home with Ewers' going into what will hopefully be his second-ever full conference game, with Billingsley added, against ISU, will not be able to approach what it has averaged against the likes of OU and Bama. Or that ISU will reel off points against us that eluded them in all their matchups so far. Flukes happen, but predicting them seems a bit pessimistic, even for those of us old enough to remember some bad times. I expect us to crush that spread.

I’ll buy your newsletter. 

6 hours ago, Magus Ossis said:

Screen_Shot_2020-07-24_at_11_33.38_AM.jpg.988d17918ab4c493d824d4409539c6b1.jpg

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, Magus Ossis said:

giphy-downsized-large.gif