4 University of Idaho students killed in home - Suspect in Custody

Helobious

On 12/1/2022 at 8:50 AM, Nicole44 said:

Not for nothing but a picture in the replies shows the murder house right out the window from the frat house. Very short distance. It would be highly unusual for the authorities to bring in the BAU for help with a profile and keep it quiet against BAU recommendations. So I’d guess the BAU recommended the profile not be released. I can’t imagine a “first time” murderer being able to just go about regular life and not draw any suspicion. A complete stranger could possibly buy a student or someone known to the circle you’d think would be devolving. 

@Nicole44 are you reading where one of the victim's mothers was arrested for felony drug charges recently?  It could have been as recent as within days of the murders.  Might this be related?  Have you read that about the mother?

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

@Nicole44 are you reading where one of the victim's mothers was arrested for felony drug charges recently?  It could have been as recent as within days of the murders.  Might this be related?  Have you read that about the mother?

I have heard that! One of the theories floating around. I’ve also heard the BAU specifically requested the police not release the profile they made. Damn…

• 3 weeks later...

Police press conference at 1pm PST today, first one in over a month. Lot of murmurs going around online about some arrests late last night. But it’s the last working day of the year and a Friday. I’m putting money on a “we still don’t know who did it, we’re working hard, please don’t stop coming to our town/school” type message. 

Edited by Helobious

31 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

If there’s a PC then they think this is the guy.  If he’s not the guy his life is over anyway. 

Early reports on suspect are that his name is Bryan Kohberger. Reddit is in a frenzy because there was a Washington State university (12 miles from Moscow ID) criminology Phd student with that same name that posted multiple threads on r/ExCons over a year ago, asking for participation in studies he was conducting about criminals and how they felt before, during, and after their crimes.

Apparently it is Bryan Kohberger, a 25-year-old criminology PhD student at Washington State which is like 10 miles away. 

Just now, Helobious said:

Early reports on suspect are that his name is Bryan Kohberger. Reddit is in a frenzy because there was a Washington State university (12 miles from Moscow ID) criminology Phd student with that same name that posted multiple threads on r/ExCons over a year ago, asking for participation in studies he was conducting about criminals and how they felt before, during, and after their crimes.

Beat me to it.  That reddit study is really creepy.

I worked with a guy who went to U Idaho back in the day. He says both schools are there because they were land grant schools and they were basically there to help establish/battle over the state border lines. The way he talked Pullman and Moscow are basically one town. Lots of back and forth over the border

9 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Yikes. Wonder if somebody in the house had completed his survey and he had some way of tracking them down. 

Survey was anonymous, and I believe posted a few months before any of them had moved into that house. Looks like he was entirely unknown to victims so will be interesting to find out how he chose that house or them.

Edited by Helobious

1 hour ago, ocugolf said:

Apparently it is Bryan Kohberger, a 25-year-old criminology PhD student at Washington State

Type “Amen” if you think America would be a better place if college professors spent their class time praying to Jesus instead of teaching kids how to commit crimes. 

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 3

32 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Type “Amen” if you think America would be a better place if college professors spent their class time praying to Jesus instead of teaching kids how to commit crimes. 

There are 1.5 million instructional faculty at higher ed institutions nationwide. Throwing them all under the bus because this PhD student committed murder seems rash but what do I know.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I’m going to take a wild guess and assume there have been far more murders committed by people fueled by religion than by PhD criminology students 

Let’s see how good you are at guessing.

3 hours ago, Helobious said:

Police press conference at 1pm PST today, first one in over a month. Lot of murmurs going around online about some arrests late last night. But it’s the last working day of the year and a Friday. I’m putting money on a “we still don’t know who did it, we’re working hard, please don’t stop coming to our town/school” type message. 

3 hours ago, Helobious said:

Oh shit actually. Suspect arrested in Pennsylvania. 

Oops! 

But I’m sure your “wild guess” that taking 9 years of classes on how to commit crimes makes you LESS likely to commit crimes is right. Uh huh. Sure. Next you’ll tell us that  massage school graduates aren’t any more likely to become misogynists. 

• Fuck You 7

6 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Oops! 

But I’m sure your “wild guess” that taking 9 years of classes on how to commit crimes makes you LESS likely to commit crimes is right. Uh huh. Sure. Next you’ll tell us that  massage school graduates aren’t any more likely to become misogynists. 

I thought they became massagists?

6 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Oops! 

So you’re arguing criminology doctoral students are more likely to commit a crime/murder than someone with no education? Also great idea on banning criminology courses. How the fuck do you think many detectives learn how to be detectives?

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

So you’re arguing criminology doctoral students are more likely to commit a crime/murder than someone with no education? Also great idea on banning criminology courses. How the fuck do you think many detectives learn how to be detectives?

They study Detectivology, dipshit.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

Literally can't believe I'm agreeing with you but the thought that no education is better than education so that no one can use that education for doing bad things is literally retarded. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, pops said:

Literally can't believe I'm agreeing with you but the thought that no education is better than education so that no one can use that education for doing bad things is literally retarded. 

I'm right in line with you, but I'll admit that I paused for a moment when I remembered that Aggy has a medical school.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, pops said:

Rumor in Moscow is the killer is the landlords kid. But Moscow is a small town and I would take it with a grain of salt. Or a whole shaker. Would assume some of these reporters covering this would have already dug that up. 

Doubtful. Killer & his family were from PA. 

• immamac changed the title to 4 University of Idaho students killed in home - Suspect in Custody