USMNT 2023

ztejas

5 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Also, Milan to Turin is 95 miles and 3+ hours in a car, but if you take the train, these guys could go to dinner together a couple times a week, no big deal. 

IMG_3842.jpeg

An hour Italian train ride each way (lol at that going smoothly every time but at least it is Northern Italy vs Southern Italy) to have dinner a couple times a week? Are they fucking each other or something? That's the only way I'm doing that more than once or twice a month.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

It’s GAME DAY, [blouses]!

IMG_3864.thumb.jpeg.5b688c7f8ca96cbdfeea52e42087dffb.jpeg

2 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

An hour Italian train ride each way (lol at that going smoothly every time but at least it is Northern Italy vs Southern Italy) to have dinner a couple times a week? Are they fucking each other or something? That's the only way I'm doing that more than once or twice a month.

According to the interviews, they are probably hitting a bucket of balls.

And for how long were the instigators suspended?

In Weston's case, he initially placed his hand on the guy's shoulder and it slipped upward to his neck. Still not right, of course, but it wasn't like he punched the dude and he definitely didn't instigate the physicality. That was all El Tri in both instances. So unless half the El Tri team is suspended for typical El Tri shithousery, these suspensions are terribly biased and unjust.

Edited by Braff Zacklin
  • Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, ztejas said:

So what does that mean? What games would they be suspended for? 

Apparently 2 Mexicans got suspended too.

22 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

And for how long were the instigators suspended?

In Weston's case, he initially placed his hand on the guy's shoulder and it slipped upward to his neck. Still not right, of course, but it wasn't like he punched the dude and he definitely didn't instigate the physicality. That was all El Tri in both instances. So unless half the El Tri team is suspended for typical El Tri shithousery, these suspensions are terribly biased and unjust.

Mexico should have had at least 5, if not 7+ players suspended. 

That ref should be suspended for the rest of this year. 

Mexico should be banned from The Copa America 2024.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

The rest of the year? That ref should never work a CONCACAF game ever again. He was that bad.

This game saw 13 total cards, with Mexico seeing 1 more card. That's ridiculous. I said it earlier, the ref missed 2-3 cards on Mexico and called the US for 1-2 phantom cards. It was a complete joke. This game got out of hand the way it did because he was letting the Mexican players tee off on US players. Forget the cards, that's just flat dangerous, someone could have gotten hurt.

That was the most out of hand game I have ever seen. The closest I can think of before this was 2016 Chelsea-Spurs and honestly, despite the cards, that game never got to this level. That game had 12 cards, 9 on Spurs (and rightly so).

BTW a follow up tweet notes that these results were on top of the automatic 1 match suspension for the red cards (so it's really 3 and 4 for everyone).

But here's the dumb thing, doesn't that just mean that these players are suspended for the next 3/4 matches in the Gold Cup - for which they weren't called up for anyway? Wow, way to punish players CONCACAF.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Captain Ron said:

doesn't that just mean that these players are suspended for the next 3/4 matches in the Gold Cup - for which they weren't called up for anyway?

Yes I think so. It would be extremely unrealistic for them to try and decide which games they can't play. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just to clarify, the Gold Cup is when these suspensions are being served.

And they already missed the 1 game in the 3rd place game (Mexican players) and the Final (US players). So 2 or 3 games.

Here is the whole tweet outlining all punishment - https://twitter.com/MicheleG3/status/1672351166569623553

Edited by Captain Ron

5 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Jamaica and the roster they are bringing seems like really good value.   

They are also +475 to win today vs the US.

CBD173F6-2A96-469A-BF73-AEB8CB797595.png

Most podcasters are expecting Jamaica to show out. 

I would be them to win our group if I bet, because the payout is worth the risk.

I am going to nap now.

Viva la siesta!

haven't seen it mentioned, so will remind everyone that we DO NOT automatically qualify for the copa america next year

we have to win a 23-24 concalaugh nations league quarterfinal home-away tie held during the international window 13-21 november

and if we lose that

then there is a trapdoor home-away against another quarterfinal tie loser

i have no idea how those dates overlap fifa dates

it is conceivable that orocopa players could be called on in november

• Hook 'Em 3

22 hours ago, Napoleon said:

The US Federation should announce a 5-year ban on El Tri friendlies on US soil.

Where's the presser, Parlow?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

The rest of the year? That ref should never work a CONCACAF game ever again. He was that bad.

This game saw 13 total cards, with Mexico seeing 1 more card. That's ridiculous. I said it earlier, the ref missed 2-3 cards on Mexico and called the US for 1-2 phantom cards. It was a complete joke. This game got out of hand the way it did because he was letting the Mexican players tee off on US players. Forget the cards, that's just flat dangerous, someone could have gotten hurt.

That was the most out of hand game I have ever seen. The closest I can think of before this was 2016 Chelsea-Spurs and honestly, despite the cards, that game never got to this level. That game had 12 cards, 9 on Spurs (and rightly so).

BTW a follow up tweet notes that these results were on top of the automatic 1 match suspension for the red cards (so it's really 3 and 4 for everyone).

But here's the dumb thing, doesn't that just mean that these players are suspended for the next 3/4 matches in the Gold Cup - for which they weren't called up for anyway? Wow, way to punish players CONCACAF.

where is the report on the mexican suspensions?

20 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

Just to clarify, the Gold Cup is when these suspensions are being served.

And they already missed the 1 game in the 3rd place game (Mexican players) and the Final (US players). So 2 or 3 games.

Here is the whole tweet outlining all punishment - https://twitter.com/MicheleG3/status/1672351166569623553

that's it?

only 2 tris suspended?

shame on the mls owners for continuing this graft at the expense of the us player and the us fan

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, RamjetFDO said:

Matt Miazga felt 'screwed' by Gregg Berhalter and USMNT last cycle - Gold Cup is his chance to prove his worth:

https://www.goal.com/en-us/lists/matt-miazga-gregg-berhalter-usmnt-gold-cup-prove-worth/blt3a7f25b78e19c28a

---
He certainly measured up here:

r429660_2_1296x729_16-9.jpg

ditto on john brooks being fucked over and proof of gerggs absent locker room skillz

would be nice if we could have seen either of them in the rotation with the full side this summer

• Hook 'Em 4

20 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

I like Ferreira (FC Dallas hincha desde los días del Dallas Burn), but he is not a #9. 

He is 5’5” and Zendejas is 5’3”. What the fuck are those two going to do against guys twice their size and just as fast?

🤯🤬

Sure, Sergio “Kün” Aguero is about 5’4” as well, but our two midgeetos are no Kün Agüero(s).

I hope that Cade Cowell gets at least 30 minutes in the second half. 

I hope that this is Aaron Long’s only start of the tournament.

My sister went to college with James Sands’ mom, so there is a casual rooting interest in the guy, but I have zero faith in Sands’ ability to play against decent competition. 

Edited by Napoleon

10 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

I love Turner but don't understand why he's even on this roster, let alone starting. Let Gaga get more seasoning.

Probably because he has barely played in 2023. 

That’s my guess. 

If he were a starter somewhere, I don’t think that he would be here.

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Probably because he has barely played in 2023. 

That’s my guess. 

If he were a starter somewhere, I don’t think that he would be here.

Understood, but what's this going to get him? In contrast, what would Gaga gain from this?

Incidentally, the limited time in Arsenal has still been well spent--Turner's footwork is borderline competent these days.

Member Berry moment: The '21 Gold Cup was Turner's coming out party. Dude has been a fixture ever since. Maybe he's doing it for the nostalgia. LoL

1 hour ago, Captain Ron said:

MLS owners - please don’t. 

it's rhetorical... like aggy the richest skool in the werld.... how can they lose at crootin when they have (our) money to outbid anyone... why isn't the tri graft used for a US superstar to come home....  dempsey is the only one and seattle paid half on their own

I think it's horseshit that Gerg isn't coaching this team.  I read that US Soccer was worried that hiring a coach that many weren't happy with would be a disaster if he choked out of the tourney.  Nevertheless, we seem to be at a point in which B/C teams and average coaching can still be successful in this Cup.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1