Formula 1 2023

Anton Chigurh

2 hours ago, wood said:

It's a coppertop ...

image.jpg

I really liked Williams livery last year. The tires make this look a little busy, but not bad. 

Also just like the angle of this shot being so low. Shows off how much of a "dart" these cares look like.

I love how much better the halo looks on the 2022 & 23 cars, which were designed around it. Sooo much cleaner than on the older cars where it was just basically 'stuck on top' of existing cars. You barely notice them now, esp when they deemphisize them with paint.

And I loved last year's AR livery, but I think I love this one just as much.

Offseason chit-chat. What's your favorite track for 2023? What's your least favorite?

Favorite: Red Bull Ring. Great racing, simple track (helps me to better visualize where they are when onboard and what's coming next), and amazing scenery.

Least favorite: Saudi Arabia. Missiles, track where it's hard to pass, seems overly dangerous for the sake of being dangerous, and the entire sportswashing issue.

Honorable mentions for favorites: Interlagos, Monza

Dishonorable mentions for least: Zandvoort, Miami

5 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Lulz, what's the other maker you can't stand? Audi? Porsche? You're going to have a lot of villains to root against 

mr burns GIF

Porsche.  I wanted Red Bull/Porsche so I could really focus my hate.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

If Honda really wants to stay in F1, this pairing definitely makes the most sense. 

Makes the most sense if they were to take on the current Honda PU until the new PU regs kick in. But Got damn, after the utter shitshow of epic proportions the last time around, I'm guessing it would be pretty fucking difficult for McLaren brass to stomach the thought of relying on Honda in another new PU transition. Utter, years-long fucking clown show.

6 minutes ago, wood said:

Makes the most sense if they were to take on the current Honda PU until the new PU regs kick in. But Got damn, after the utter shitshow of epic proportions the last time around, I'm guessing it would be pretty fucking difficult for McLaren brass to stomach the thought of relying on Honda in another new PU transition. Utter, years-long fucking clown show.

Eh. McLaren wasn’t blameless in all that, and I don’t think any of the same management are even left on either side. I’m also not sure they could take the current Honda PU, because I believe RB bought the IP, so they’d have to be a RB customer team. 

21 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Eh. McLaren wasn’t blameless in all that, and I don’t think any of the same management are even left on either side. I’m also not sure they could take the current Honda PU, because I believe RB bought the IP, so they’d have to be a RB customer team. 

No, McLaren wasn't totally blameless, but if you followed McLaren closely in those years, you know that Honda's program was an absolute disaster. The ineptitude, poor planning, refusal to put their best people on the project and using it instead as a rotating training ground for young and inexperienced engineers, etc were just staggering. 

Edited by wood

I know everyone hates Paul Riccard but all of the colorful stripes help keep my attention and me awake on a hungover Sunday morning. But I’m just a simple man. I eat when I’m hungry. I drink when I drive.

Edit: I was KIDDING. Nobody likes France.

47 minutes ago, deft said:

I know everyone hates Paul Riccard but all of the colorful stripes help keep my attention and me awake on a hungover Sunday morning. But I’m just a simple man. I eat when I’m hungry. I drink when I drive.

caveman-thats-the-way-i-think.gif

:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Offseason chit-chat. What's your favorite track for 2023? What's your least favorite?

Honorable mentions for favorites: Interlagos, Monza

Dishonorable mentions for least: Zandvoort, Miami

zandvoort for the unique surroundings. mexico city for cutting through the grandstand

worst: monte carlo. shit race, superficial prestige. any of the middle east tracks, and soon to be vietnam/vegas and probably miami

4 hours ago, 52-80 said:

zandvoort for the unique surroundings. mexico city for cutting through the grandstand

worst: monte carlo. shit race, superficial prestige. any of the middle east tracks, and soon to be vietnam/vegas and probably miami

Zandvoort seems too much like a roller coaster. Seems like fun to drive, but not real good for actual racing. 

Monaco doesn't have good racing, but the history and spectacle keep it one of my favorites.

I think Las Vegas is going to be crummy.

Hoping Ferrari, McLaren, and Mercedes bring the heat because so far I'm underwhelmed by the 2023 liveries. 

Those black Mercedes looked amazing. Wish they'd make a comeback.

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Hoping Ferrari, McLaren, and Mercedes bring the heat because so far I'm underwhelmed by the 2023 liveries. 

I hope not, Silver Arrows should be silver.  

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

so far I'm underwhelmed by the 2023 liveries. 

2 hours ago, utee94 said:

Silver Arrows should be silver.  

+1 to both

Hate that they're saving weight by going with so much black.  One of the things I love about F1 is the bright colored cars with uniquely different liveries.  Ironically perhaps, one of my all time favorite liveries is the black and gold John Player Special Team Lotus.

7 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Yep, and the Aston will look great even if they just bring back pretty much the same livery as last year (which is probably what they'll do).

On 2/11/2023 at 5:43 PM, elfenix said:

If it wasn't a flat & dull blue it might be okay. But it's boring.

13 hours ago, wood said:

Yep, and the Aston will look great even if they just bring back pretty much the same livery as last year (which is probably what they'll do).

Unfortunately, they will bring back the same Lawrence & Lance.

Edited by PittsburghTiger