Formula 1 2023

Anton Chigurh

1 hour ago, Mittens said:

So very meh.  Especially w/ decades of Gulf liveries to give inspiration.

I think the Williams looks decent, but yeah... the winning livery is right in the background. The crew are literally all right next to it.

22bc618e576eba2695b1bc9e37eb1cc9.jpg

Huge fan of the "Ferrari" on the rear wing. They started doing that last year about mid-season and it looks so much cooler than blank.

Is Mercedes the only one left? As for liveries, except for Alfa, they all look pretty much the same.

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Black CEVA logo is a straight WTF

It definitely makes the CEVA standout more than the previous version did, which might have been an ask from the sponsor...

Overall I like the new livery, and I liked the old one.  They're obviously pretty similar.

Edited by utee94

Hell yes it does. Glad to finally have a car livery that looks mean.

The Merc looks like it would shove the McLaren into its locker.

Edited by FirstTimeCaller

On the bright side, it was somewhat harder to dislike Merc when they were sporting that beautiful silver and airbrushed teal from several years back.

It's much easier to dislike this boring ugly car with its squished-down sidepods reminiscent of an aging stripper with a failing boob job.

So in that sense, keep on keeping on, Mercedes.

Just now, dieucla98 said:

But you like the Ferrari livery? 🤨

Yup.  It's pretty classic.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, dieucla98 said:

To each their own I guess. Merc's livery is the only one that really made me say wow. But I like change and they had the most substantial of any mfg.

Unveiling a 99% the same livery is boring AF. I'd rather see them take a chance.

I'd rather see them look good than change for the sake of change.  To each his own, indeed.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/7/2023 at 9:23 AM, ChickenSandwich said:

Read somewhere we will see more black on cars incase they need to strip paint for weight savings again. The exposed carbon wont look as out of place 

3 hours ago, dieucla98 said:

Silver Arrows should be silver, blah blah blah. Don't care, that black Merc W14 livery looks awesome.

image.png.243ecd2fdea0fe7c30d43145ff11e097.png

Tom Delonge Reaction GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, utee94 said:

On the bright side, it was somewhat harder to dislike Merc when they were sporting that beautiful silver and airbrushed teal from several years back.

It's much easier to dislike this boring ugly car with its squished-down sidepods reminiscent of an aging stripper with a failing boob job.

So in that sense, keep on keeping on, Mercedes

Yeah it's not nearly as appealing as their previous black livery imho. The only 'mean' looking thing about it, too, is the color black. The accents are just blah, like you said, and soften it up.

Re: the car itself, wow, they really made some major changes aero-wise.

• Hook 'Em 1

Much of the black on the W14 is actually exposed carbon fiber, which is gorgeous. Black on carbon fiber Darth Vader vibes. Best livery by a mile.

It’s not as cool as the W11 (which is hard to do, also my favorite car ever), but I do get these vibes from it.

And yes I absolutely love the black, too.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Some pretty interesting tunnels on some of these cars (up high on the engine cover, running from the halo to the exhaust) ...

Fo3OVSaXsAANa6-?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Fo1vWAzWYAAKWWx?format=jpg&name=small

FpBC2DaWIAMqYzV.png

FpF66XRacAAsBVd?format=jpg&name=4096x409

And it seems Merc & probably others have found a way to re-introduce outwash ... because of course they would.

FpFqthqXgAAHj96?format=jpg&name=4096x409

On 2/15/2023 at 11:38 AM, PittsburghTiger said:

Silver Arrow. It should be SILVER

image.thumb.jpeg.8bdbad4fef327b9aacf617e5a045f552.jpeg

Silver arrows weren't painted so an exposed carbon merc is arguably more in line with heritage than a silver painted one.

Wonder what audi does with it's livery? Silver arrow is part of Audi's heritage too (tho it needs to be Sepang Blue and Sepang needs to come back)

21 minutes ago, elfenix said:

Silver arrows weren't painted so an exposed carbon merc is arguably more in line with heritage than a silver painted one.

Wonder what audi does with it's livery? Silver arrow is part of Audi's heritage too (tho it needs to be Sepang Blue and Sepang needs to come back)

Eh, we all know they were not painted. Germany's official racing color is Silver. The Silver Arrows should indeed be, silver.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, elfenix said:

And it was white before it was silver.

Maybe these are black arrows.

Yep, and they were silver in the first place as a way to save weight, or as Colin Chapman would put it, to "add lightness". Same reason they're black/CF now and others are showing more bare CF than ever. Some are still fairly well-covered, maybe the ones that came in under weight.

Edited by wood

2 hours ago, dieucla98 said:

You have good eyes, clearly. I'm jealous.

I like clean and simple which I know is not really what an F1 car goes for. Difficult to with 90,000 sponsors on the car.

If any other team came out with that livery (with an appropriate stripe color for their team) they would have been mocked for mailing it in.

• Hook 'Em 1