Formula 1 2023

Anton Chigurh

51 minutes ago, wood said:

Interesting response (or lack thereof here from Fernando re: Taytay.

LOL. I've never seen Fernando turn red like that when he wasn't pissed off. Hmmm ...

Man, if there were no truth to it, I think Fred would just laugh and say "no, it's not a thing."

So this response is... well... as close to confirmation as we're likely to get, unless/until T-Swizzle shows up in the Aston Martin garage on raceday. :)

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Man, if there were no truth to it, I think Fred would just laugh and say "no, it's not a thing."

So this response is... well... as close to confirmation as we're likely to get, unless/until T-Swizzle shows up in the Aston Martin garage on raceday. :)

Shit, if she were to be photographed in public in an Aston t shirt, it would set the internet on fire. 

• Hook 'Em 3

44 minutes ago, utee94 said:

He could just be fucking around, but that was my reaction too.

26 minutes ago, RPM said:

LeClerc P1 Verstappen P2

I completely forgot about the different format this weekend, went to the F1 subreddit to read up on practice and was greeted with this news. Takes a lot of the fun out of watching when you know what happens.

Hell if F1 wants more action and more events to entice people to tune in and show up to the races, can we get a motherfucking go cart race every fucking race weekend? There’s nothing I’d like to see more than all the drivers on the grid competing in equal machinery. 

And have the reserve drivers participate too. There’s enough boxes painted in the grid. 30 carts lined and lights go off, away we go.

Edit: and it has to have a loop of the music from revenge of the nerds when takashi is doing the drunk tricycle race
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, wood said:

Interesting response (or lack thereof here from Fernando re: Taytay.

LOL. I've never seen Fernando turn red like that when he wasn't pissed off. Hmmm ...

Wait, what? There are rumors that he is dating Taylor Swift?

I'm not saying a sprint race can't work (at least a lot better than this), but imho it's a shitshow so far. Having only one hour of practice (minus 15 minutes of red flag time) before qualifying is what led to the absolute dumpster fire of Q1. I don't want sprint weekends, because they're beyond idiotic imho, esp given that these cars under these rules with these cheese tires, fuel liomtis, etc are basically almost always driven under endurance race conditions, parc ferme, etc. But if I did, I'd do it something like this:

(no parce ferme until the beginning of Q1 on Saturday)

FP 1 (90 minutes, clock stops for red flags)

Sprint Race (reverse points grid)

FP2 (60 minutes)

Qualifying

GP

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Alpine talked all week about how they could be the second or third fastest car by the end of the season, the next time they hit the track they qualify P19 and P12. What a bunch of clowns. 

As a follow up to this post, Alpine made changes to Ocon’s car under parc ferme so they will now be starting P18 and P20 for the race. These guys make Ferrari look like geniuses. 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

As a follow up to this post, Alpine made changes to Ocon’s car under parc ferme so they will now be starting P18 and P20 for the race. These guys make Ferrari look like geniuses. 

Follow up to my follow up: Ocon has now boxed twice during a 17 lap sprint race. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Max & George with some words. Max has a nice hole in the side of his car from contact from Russell.

Said something to the extent, “expect the same response from me next time when the shoe is on the other foot”.

Giving some more thoughts in post-race interview.

George's excuse about having no grip was lame AF. 

8 minutes ago, G650 said:

I mean I wouldn't have given an excuse. I would have said damn right I did you Dutch shitbag, fuck off

That's another way to go, I guess. The only reason George got around Max was because he punted him and compromised his race. I don't think he did that on purpose, but blaming it on lack of grip is lame. Everyone has a lack of grip. Even on grippier tracks, everyone's on the limit, so effectively they always have a lack of grip. George just made a mistake & carried too much speed. It's up to the driver to race with the grip that's available. If George just says "Sorry Max, I misjudged it" or "I made a mistake", there's nothing Max can say.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, G650 said:

And I fully support that.

I don't, and I'd say the same if the roles were reversed or if it were any other drivers involved. Punting someone when you can't get around them is NASCAR shit. I don't think that's what George did though. I think he just fucked up. He just should have owned it and moved on. Instead he made a lame excuse that would probably have triggered most drivers to varying extents, and most of us as well..

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1