World Cup Quarterfinals - Croatia/Brazil, Netherlands/Argentina, Morocco/Portugal, England/France

Captain Ron

Morocco could legitimately win this thing. And I'm not talking about today's game. 

This block that they're sitting in is shaping up to be a great case study for international football.

It's fascinating how many different ways there are to play at a high level internationally. There isn't nearly as much diversity in style in a competition like the Champion's League. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, ztejas said:

Morocco could legitimately win this thing. And I'm not talking about today's game. 

This block that they're sitting in is shaping up to be a great case study for international football.

It's fascinating how many different ways there are to play at a high level internationally. There isn't nearly as much diversity in style in a competition like the Champion's League. 

The aerial views of the block against Spain are insane. It’s like Mourinho vs. Barcelona in ‘09 with Inter.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Bodowned said:

The aerial views of the block against Spain are insane. It’s like Mourinho vs. Barcelona in ‘09 with Inter.

Yeah that made me realize that it isn't some fluke. 

(and for anyone that hasn't seen this)

Edited by ztejas

17 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Any neutral party who appreciates World Cup games and didn’t want a Brazil/Argentina semi is a silly goose

Eh, I disagree. Those two clubs have no Divine Right to a spot in the semifinal. The answer to that is for Brazil not to crap the bed.

I enjoy the hell out of teams like Japan, Korea, Croatia and like today, Morocco, playing well and advancing. This is the World Cup, and it’s just like in Formula 1, I want increased competition.

I was rooting for Germany, after the United States, but they sure as shit didn’t deserve to advance just because they have won four WCs.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

No sure if it’s maturity or just that all his energy is being spent on the actual game at his age, but the lack of bullshit from Pepe has been a little refreshing.

Nice save from the Moroccan keep, followed by a pretty nervy punch.

Edited by Kringelbert Fishtybuns
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Well said. It makes for a lot of fun.

There has been some fantastic goalie play this tournament.

I never really paid much attention to it, well, as much as should have been paid, but I have started to since my German cousin’s boy came to America for college and played goalie. So, for the past five years I have spent much more time watching them, and their pre-game workouts.

1 minute ago, Hawndoh said:

I guess that stoppage with the stretcher took longer than I thought 

i was thinking 10 mins.  there have been several free kicks that took 1-2 mins to set up.  and multiple subs.

and what the fuck was that 2nd yellow call.... he barely fucking touched him

• Hook 'Em 1