World Cup Quarterfinals - Croatia/Brazil, Netherlands/Argentina, Morocco/Portugal, England/France

Captain Ron

playing in an Arab country has to benefit Morocco in some way I guess. I mean inept Saudi Arabia beat Argentina and Tunisia beat France.

Morocco completes the conquest of the Iberian peninsula against all odds. Will their army move north and take France? 

Portugal made a huge mistake not playing Ronaldo the whole game. Dumb dumb dumb. 

Portugal had so many close calls:  hit the crossbar, went over the crossbar by a few inches, a dramatic arm stretch save by the Moroccan goalie, a missed header by a few feet, a solid save on a strike by the demigod Ronoldo.  And 2 or 3 other very very close calls.

Moroccan goalie is the best i've seen in the tournament. 

The header goal by Morocco-- damn I didn't know soccer players had NBA hops. That guy must've been 36-40 inchess off the ground on that brilliant header. Amazing.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Eh, I disagree. Those two clubs have no Divine Right to a spot in the semifinal. The answer to that is for Brazil not to crap the bed.

I enjoy the hell out of teams like Japan, Korea, Croatia and like today, Morocco, playing well and advancing. This is the World Cup, and it’s just like in Formula 1, I want increased competition.

I was rooting for Germany, after the United States, but they sure as shit didn’t deserve to advance just because they have won four WCs.

Well, them deserving it or not has zero to do with my post. It just would have been an entertaining game, denying that is foolish. 

Edited by Hank_Hill

Stoked for Morocco & Africa. What a run, what a story.  I can't get enough of the Moroccan celebration vids on social media.  They've entered the rapture and I'm here for it.

I'm usually a hater of the best guy - Brady, Lebron, Lewis Hamilton, etc. and France is certainly no underdog, but fuck if I don't think Mbappe hung a futbol moon.  I want to see him eat England's heart.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Didn’t watch but didn’t that ref give a red and yellow to Morocco?

Yeah the ref was fine the entire match. He gave a soft 2nd yellow to a Morrocan player that made a dumb challenge. There was like 6 mins left though and it was an attacking player so it was fairly immaterial.