Rando Bowl Appreciation Thread..lawn equipment, chips, tires (doing tire things), mufflers, fast food places galore

ButtFumble

5 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

in this Pinstripe whatever Bowl...the field is really shitty.   players slippin all ova the place

one quarter into this 0-0 match up of ACC and Big 10 nobodies in a fucking baseball stajium in a city that does not give a fuck about college football and it might be time for a nap

they need to tell Boston and New York and their baseball stajiums to fuck off and take the bowl games from them

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I went when Pitt played Northwestern in the Pinstripe. Our broadcast booth was the Yankees radio booth. That meant we were seated behind Home Plate, or in this case behind the goalpost. It was the worst vantage point I have ever experienced. I did go down on the field before the game and that was cool. It would have been cooler if it was in the original Yankees Stadium. We took the subway back downtown.

I met up with a friend from back home for dinner and we went out to a fancy steak place with some of his Harvard Law classmates. I will say that Jay is the only person i know on the planet who shares my level of extreme hatred for the State Pen Nambly Lions and GodPa. At dinner Jay was a bit drunk and quite loudly kept referencing “the decades-long institutional child rape coverup”.

It was an interesting but, all together unnecessary, bowl game trip.

I did get to my favorite pizza place, so that was a plus.

Edited by PittsburghTiger

10 hours ago, tx ind said:

After the game, which Ole Miss lost 42-25, Kiffin said the penalty should have been on Texas Tech's Dimitri Moore, who is No. 11 for the Red Raiders, instead of Watkins, who wears No. 11 for Ole Miss.

"They announce our 11, which is Jordan Watkins, who wasn't in the fight. It was their 11 that was fighting 71 [Ole Miss lineman Jayden Williams], and everybody knew because their own coaches were yelling at the guy," Kiffin said.

image.thumb.png.0780a129f4904953806b1f90087acf00.png

8 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Jesus what a whiny douche. In the immortal words of Sam Ehlinger, "take the loss, pussy". 

5b0e7dbe-f02d-4246-b37d-6adc8dcece5c_tex

8 hours ago, Helobious said:

Kiffin is a whiny bitch and maybe the most overrated college coach of all time.

He's not wrong, though.

2 hours ago, Hawndoh said:

Games in baseball stadiums are stupid.

Went to Army vs USAF at Ranger's Stadium in Arlington last year.  It was cool to see the stadium like that, but yeah, it sucks for football.  

Really tired of the espn broadcasts, they have the ribbon score at the bottom, plus the rolling ticker of sports news. It's probably 2" of the bottom screen. If a play happens down there you can't see shit. " Was that a fumble or was his foot out of bounds?" Well I don't fucking know, but the Celtics won again, Jake Paul is up something, Pele passed away... Looks like a big Sunday in the NFL. 

3 minutes ago, Dewey said:

Really tired of the espn broadcasts, they have the ribbon score at the bottom, plus the rolling ticker of sports news. It's probably 2" of the bottom screen. If a play happens down there you can't see shit. " Was that a fumble or was his foot out of bounds?" Well I don't fucking know, but the Celtics won again, Jake Paul is up something, Pele passed away... Looks like a big Sunday in the NFL. 

Pele died? Damn...

2 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

We are absolutely atrocious on 3rd down defense.

@PittsburghTiger your QB was more mobile than I thought he’d be.

I think we have 8 starters sitting out. And Patti has done a good job despite not seeing much action this year. He took some late shots in this one that were not called. I was at our basketball game with UNC so missed most of the first half. I think we are holding up pretty well. The no roughing call on the punter was not right.

I will say, that it is a strange broadcast to hear Nessler and Danielson fellate someone other than an Alabama player. 

That screen that was just an INT for a TD was not good. Well-played by UCLA. Not good by Pitt.