2019 Texas Baseball Thread

texasstrong12

46 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

So, with all the new real estate for stats and stuff on the RF scoreboard we STILL can't get an effing pitch count???

I thought pitch count was in the LHN broadcast box score. Doesn’t seem unreasonable for it to be on the D-F scoreboard. 

Edited by VirginiaLonghorn

The parking garage situation is just fucking moronic.

Im one of the idiots sitting on the 5th floor of the garage, did it all last year.   usually sat down with a chair, myself, and about 15 other folks with chairs spread out over about 6-7 diff parking spaces.  2 of the EMPTY parking  spaces were taken up by our tents and regular seats. even if you add in the weight of tents (and the 40# of weight on each tent leg), and the coolers and 30 people pre-game spread over the 2 empty spots and the equivalent of 2 sections that are no parking areas anyway, we had maybe 6,500 lbs of weight occupying those 3+ spaces. 

a SINGLE Honda accord weighs about 3,400 Lbs.   so even 2 fucking spaces worth of compactness means the total weight of 2 small cars occupying the 2 spaces is more than the weight spread across the equivalent of 3+ spaces

and you know damn well for the garage to be approved it had to be made to able to withstand the weight as if every single space occupied on the entire 5th floor was occupied with fully loaded Ford F150s that can weigh upwards of 5,300 Lbs per vehicle.... PER SPACE

Delconte's smartass tweet about 100 people congregating in one area was specifically directed to my crew- 

at no point in the entire season, including the regionals, did we EVER have more than 60 people on the roof at one time. (and in that case we used up 4 parking spots plus the walkway access to the elevator). Our normal average attendance on a Sat was about 30-40 people.       so even on our biggest attendence day we had at most 13,000 lbs of weight spread out over 4+ parking spaces worth of space.   again... well within any fucking limits of approved weight for a parking structure to endure assuming 4 cars  weighing 3,500 lbs each would have been in those spots instead of people

Edited by AUS-97HORN

31 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

The parking garage situation is just fucking moronic.

Im one of the idiots sitting on the 5th floor of the garage, did it all last year.   usually sat down with a chair, myself, and about 15 other folks with chairs spread out over about 6-7 diff parking spaces.  2 of the EMPTY parking  spaces were taken up by our tents and regular seats. even if you add in the weight of tents (and the 40# of weight on each tent leg), and the coolers and 30 people pre-game spread over the 2 empty spots and the equivalent of 2 sections that are no parking areas anyway, we had maybe 6,500 lbs of weight occupying those 3+ spaces. 

a SINGLE Honda accord weighs about 3,400 Lbs.   so even 2 fucking spaces worth of compactness means the total weight of 2 small cars occupying the 2 spaces is more than the weight spread across the equivalent of 3+ spaces

and you know damn well for the garage to be approved it had to be made to able to withstand the weight as if every single space occupied on the entire 5th floor was occupied with fully loaded Ford F150s that can weigh upwards of 5,300 Lbs per vehicle.... PER SPACE

Delconte's smartass tweet about 100 people congregating in one area was specifically directed to my crew- 

at no point in the entire season, including the regionals, did we EVER have more than 60 people on the roof at one time. (and in that case we used up 4 parking spots plus the walkway access to the elevator). Our normal average attendance on a Sat was about 30-40 people.       so even on our biggest attendence day we had at most 13,000 lbs of weight spread out over 4+ parking spaces worth of space.   again... well within any fucking limits of approved weight for a parking structure to endure assuming 4 cars  weighing 3,500 lbs each would have been in those spots instead of people

Have you talked to him about this?

7 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Have you talked to him about this?

I didnt but others in my group have.  the convo details cant be posted on the site.      but the basic understanding of the answer we got was  

UT parking & garage authority are fucking idiots.

not that that is a shock to anyone

50 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

This is reminiscent of the Occupy LF saga a few years ago which in reality is not much different.

So it is back to the Doubletree ?      Another option if permitted,  but much less convenient,  would be the area behind the softball field.

53 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Just curious, was it just a pre/post game tailgate, or did y’all all watch the game from the garage?

short answer-  all of the above.  most of us went inside, watched a few innings, needed a beer, and walked back to the garage to get one and watch a few innings and then back to the game.  At any given time  about 25% of us watched from the garage.   

I would say more time was spent pre-gaming than post-gaming, unless we had a big win, like that time we knocked off them fightin texum aggy bulldogs twice in the regional......

I'm no yeti fan, but that is the perfect hue of Burnt Orange.  Between tonight and UTSA tomorrow, they'll all sell out.  And of course, I donated my tickets away to both.  

Can they make another batch to sell at LSU and instead of cocktail, they could be filled with crawfish?  I mean, 'tis the season...

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

I'm no yeti fan, but that is the perfect hue of Burnt Orange.  Between tonight and UTSA tomorrow, they'll all sell out.  And of course, I donated my tickets away to both.  

Can they make another batch to sell at LSU and instead of cocktail, they could be filled with crawfish?  I mean, 'tis the season...

And if you don’t like the color of burnt orange you see, just adjust your screen settings until you do. 

On 2/25/2019 at 1:09 PM, AUS-97HORN said:

I didnt but others in my group have.  the convo details cant be posted on the site.      but the basic understanding of the answer we got was  

UT parking & garage authority are fucking idiots.

not that that is a shock to anyone

Did UT parking & garage suggest this is a weight issue, or did you just assume that? I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if they came up with an excuse that stupid, but the primary concern has got to be liability of people being "pedestrians" in a parking structure. I don't know why they wouldn't just tell you that. But of course UT has a long history of coming up with ridiculous excuses that they think will be more palatable than the truth. 

On 2/8/2019 at 8:18 AM, sbmcruise said:

Athletic Director Chris Del Conte said that jurisdiction regarding tailgating on the East Campus Garage rests with the facilities people, not him. He said that he was told that they had structural concerns about 100 or so people concentrating so close to an exterior wall and he joke about their lack of concerns about the vehicles somewhat similarly concentrated nearby.  He pointed out that at this time there is  adequate surface level tailgating space just north of the baseball stadium.  He also said that the parking permit issued for the East Campus Garage is also valid for the surface parking lots North East of the stadium until UT closes those lots for construction of the Graduate Student Housing project. It was evident that Del Conte considers the issue of tailgating at the East Campus Garage a closed issue.

7 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Did UT parking & garage suggest this is a weight issue, or did you just assume that? I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if they came up with an excuse that stupid, but the primary concern has got to be liability of people being "pedestrians" in a parking structure. I don't know why they wouldn't just tell you that. But of course UT has a long history of coming up with ridiculous excuses that they think will be more palatable than the truth. 

its from the report above from Feb 8 when the policy was announced..  He also mentioned weight directly to more than a few members of the tailgate.

1 minute ago, pepper brooks said:

anyone going to the LSU series this weekend?  I have tickets for Saturday and sunday, but may have to get back to Houston after Saturday's game.  if that is the case I will have 3 tickets available for the sunday game. 

I'd be interested in those tickets for Sunday.

Edited by UnivTex34