2019 Texas Baseball Thread

texasstrong12

1 hour ago, HuntinHorn said:

Same.... hate road openers.

Any streams available?

Friday's gane, according to the ULaLa web site, will be televised on "cox sports network," whatever that is. Looks like there could be a live stream for Saturday and Sunday on www.ragincajuns.com. 

Edited by zlavydra
  • Like 1

So what do we think the projected lineup will be? Other than Zubia at cleanup and Ellis leading off everything else IMO is a work in progress crap shoot. Feel confident in Hibbeler at #2 and Petrinsky at #5 but that is about it.

1. Ellis

2. Hibbeler

3. Reynolds

4. Zubia

5. Petrinsky

6. Kennedy

7. Todd

8. Reagan

9. Shaw

4 minutes ago, chase25 said:

So what do we think the projected lineup will be? Other than Zubia at cleanup and Ellis leading off everything else IMO is a work in progress crap shoot. Feel confident in Hibbeler at #2 and Petrinsky at #5 but that is about it.

1. Ellis

2. Hibbeler

3. Reynolds

4. Zubia

5. Petrinsky

6. Kennedy

7. Todd

8. Reagan

9. Shaw

Pierce said on the radio that Kennedy will be second.

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Pierce said on the radio that Kennedy will be second.

Interesting, I like it but I didn't think he would start him that high when he hasn't played an actual game yet

9 minutes ago, Horny Bull said:

I would be very surprised if Todd was as low as 7 in the order. 

Todd hit .219 last year in 73 ABs and at times looks like a little leaguer swinging a bat that is to big for him at the plate. I'd like to see him start in the bottom 1/3rd and work his way up the lineup but we'll see.

13 minutes ago, chase25 said:

Todd hit .219 last year in 73 ABs and at times looks like a little leaguer swinging a bat that is to big for him at the plate. I'd like to see him start in the bottom 1/3rd and work his way up the lineup but we'll see.

He did, but at this point I am willing to chalk that up to the thumb injury that he tried to play through. My comment was based mainly on the way Pierce has talked about him in the last few weeks. 

51 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Is Shaw your 1b in that lineup?

Yeah, figured he'd give the Senior the nod at least on Friday. I'm sure Sam will get a few opportunities as well. Has Pierce said if he is going to give Zubia some opportunities at 1B this year.

Edited by chase25

6 hours ago, chase25 said:

1. Ellis

2. Hibbeler

3. Reynolds

4. Zubia

5. Petrinsky

6. Kennedy

7. Todd

8. Reagan

9. Shaw

switch Todd and Reynolds.  I also think Kennedy may be higher because Pierce has been talking him up quite a bit.  

On 2/12/2019 at 9:56 AM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Cox Sports Television is a regional sports channel based in Metairie.  If you go to their website at coxsportstv.com you can see the game on their Friday program line up.  It also looks like you might be able to stream it live.

Thanks fellas..

Below is an  article which provides insight but no mention of 1B, likely Shaw.  (lengthy, excerpts only)

“Duke Ellis has been really good at the top of the lineup,” Pierce said Thursday. “We’ve inserted Eric Kennedy, Nick Kennedy’s little brother, in the two hole playing left field. He can absolutely fly. So those two at the top, if they can create some on-base percentage they can really create some problems for a pitching and defensive team.”

Outfielder Austin Todd struggled through am injury-plagued sophomore season, but Pierce believes he could emerge as the one of the best and most consistent bats in the lineup.

“If you recall a year ago he started 2018 in our three hole and hit a walkoff against Lafayette in game two,” Pierce said of Todd. “We have him back and he’s considered one of our better hitters. So there’s an addition that we didn’t have all of last year.”

Pierce doesn’t expect any of his starters to go beyond 75 pitches this early in the season unless they’re breezing through some painless innings. He wants to use as many arms as feasible over the next month of non-conference games so he has a good idea of where the pitching staff stands.

“We’ve got a lot of guys that are going to pitch just because early in the year we’re not going to get close to 100 pitches,” Pierce said. “We’re going to utilize as many guys as possible in the right situations. We have so many different guys that we want to get a good look at them as we’re trying to win games.”

https://www.expressnews.com/sports/college_sports/longhorns/article/Texas-baseball-forging-ahead-toward-new-season-13618277.php?utm_campaign=123

2 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I was just curious about whether or not reddit does college baseball streams, so I took a look, and there's zero posts under the subject. Which kinda sucks. 

College baseball fans kind of sit in the middle between uber nerds and mouth-breathing SEC chucklefucks, the two groups that make up 95% of reddit. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I was just curious about whether or not reddit does college baseball streams, so I took a look, and there's zero posts under the subject. Which kinda sucks. 

We need a true American hero who lives in La and has Cox TV to set up an illegal stream.