2019 Texas Baseball Thread

texasstrong12

9 hours ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Holes for sure 

Good coaches replace talent. I actually think we lost more after year 1 under Pierce than year 2. Granted, Texas went more JUCO heavy after year 1 to fill holes.

We did lose a lot of arms this year but people forget all the arms we lost from 2 years ago. Nick Kennedy, Kyle Johnston, Morgan Cooper, Connor Mayes, Tyler Schimpf, and Jon Malmin. 

11 hours ago, Machinator said:

Agree. I think we'll end up in the 15-25 range.

The lineup should be deeper but we probably will not have a Kody.

Also need to find two weekend starters.

True, but we also won’t(or at least shouldn’t) have a McKenzie hitting .200 at first

So you're saying he's coming back in 2020?  

Awful to hear, but could always be worse.  Get well soon David, I know you'll be a clubhouse leader this season with such a big freshman class looking for guidance.  

28 minutes ago, Lobo said:

So you're saying he's coming back in 2020?  

Awful to hear, but could always be worse.  Get well soon David, I know you'll be a clubhouse leader this season with such a big freshman class looking for guidance.  

Hopefully he will want to come back next year and prove that he has recovered. With a redshirt this year, he would still have leverage in the 2020 draft.  Get well DH. 

So what’re we lookin at here?

DJ behind the plate, Bertelson/Zubia at first, Hibbeler and Reagan up the middle, Deadpool at 3rd, Todd in left, Shaw in center with Ellis in right?

Then Henley, Bocchi and someone like Whelan or a freshman as the Sunday guy with whoever isn’t the Sunday dude as our Tuesday guy with Elder, Diaz and some freshman coming out of the pen?

Also curious what we do with Ridgeway and Fields. Hopefully Ridgeway gets that 2017 mojo back. Then fields throws darts on the mound but he’s got a really smoothe swing and he’s athletic as hell. 

Even with the loss of Hamilton, Pierce has some interesting players to piece together. 

18 hours ago, Fletch said:

So what’re we lookin at here?

DJ behind the plate, Bertelson/Zubia at first, Hibbeler and Reagan up the middle, Deadpool at 3rd, Todd in left, Shaw in center with Ellis in right?

Then Henley, Bocchi and someone like Whelan or a freshman as the Sunday guy with whoever isn’t the Sunday dude as our Tuesday guy with Elder, Diaz and some freshman coming out of the pen?

Obviously, losing Hamilton is a huge blow, but I am somewhat optimistic we'll be ok in the field and at the plate.  However, that pitching rotation scares the ever living shit out of me.  Fingers crossed.  Pierce has his work cut out for him this year.  

Just now, bschoolprof said:

Obviously, losing Hamilton is a huge blow, but I am somewhat optimistic we'll be ok in the field and at the plate.  However, that pitching rotation scares the ever living shit out of me.  Fingers crossed.  Pierce has his work cut out for him this year.  

Dare I say in Pierce I trust...?

Couldn’t agree more. What he was able to do with that ‘17 team, lose a good chunk of players from that team, then win the conference and go to the CWS in his second year is remarkable. 

Not to mention the improvements of Kody(don’t know how much of that was his dad or Pierce), Hamilton, then bringing in those juco guys, developing them and finding the best spots for them to succeed 

2 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Texas Box Offices tells me that single game tix will go on sale "Late January / early February"

Wtf?  This close and you can't give an exact date???

They usually post the date in advance on TexasSports.   Single game tickets should go fast for the premium games.   

Not sure but with this year's home schedule (LSU, Ark (midweek), Stanford,  Tech, A&M (midweek), Rice (midweek), OU)  single game reserved tickets may be scarce.   Also, season ticket holders are able to purchase additional single game tickets before the general public.

Fans may want to consider purchasing a $99 General Admission Season Ticket Package for sections L5, 6, 7 and then find an open seat like the legend Drunk David Ash behind home plate.   😊   However,  if you have family or business associates may have to go the StubHub/scalper route for the premium games. 

On 8/16/2018 at 6:22 PM, NorthLoop said:

Something just not right about the intentional walk one. I dunno. Just rubs me wrong. It's like in beer league softball when you aren't supposed to run the bags after a HR. 

yeah it's terribad.  four pitches, throw all of them for the walk.