2019 Texas Baseball Thread

texasstrong12

Yes. But did they indicate what time our LSU games will be played?   I got people coming in from outta town and you know Fox or eSPN will pickup one or all of those games and shift the start times.  

2 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Ranked teams on our schedule:

#38 Louisiana-Lafayette

#40 Sam Houston St

#1 LSU

#5 Stanford

#4 Texas Tech

#25 Arkansas

#19 TCU

#29 aggy

#21 Baylor

#16 Oklahoma State

Big XII:

#4 Texas Tech

#14 Texas

#16 Oklahoma State

#19 TCU

#21 Baylor

#45 Oklahoma

#65 West Virginia

Not in top 123:

Kansas

Kansas State

14 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

I think I read somewhere recently (OB?) that pierce still didn’t trust Zubia’s defense enough to put him at 1st, which is quite the indictment. I’ve seen some really shitty fielders make decent 1st baseman.

I think it's great that we have options.  If it ends up being Zubia so be it.  Could also be a Brooks Kieshcnick freshman year thing "If you don't start hitting soon we'll just shut it down until next season."

On 12/24/2018 at 6:00 PM, bschoolprof said:

I think I read somewhere recently (OB?) that pierce still didn’t trust Zubia’s defense enough to put him at 1st, which is quite the indictment. I’ve seen some really shitty fielders make decent 1st baseman.

Yeah I remember hearing Zubias defense kind of fucking sucked. We gave a decent amount of AB’s to Bertelson last year. iirc he went like 2 for 30 or some shit but he had a decent swing and is a pretty big guy. Wonder if he gets a shot at first 

5 hours ago, Fletch said:

Yeah I remember hearing Zubias defense kind of fucking sucked. We gave a decent amount of AB’s to Bertelson last year. iirc he went like 2 for 30 or some shit but he had a decent swing and is a pretty big guy. Wonder if he gets a shot at first 

Hope so. He was completely lost at the plate last year, but maybe he can run into a few if he gets enough plate appearances.

On 12/13/2018 at 1:36 PM, markstanco said:

Drew graduated. 

I will say, I've known drew since he was maybe 8.  His brother Clint as well. Drew is such a wonderful young man, I cant fathom him having a single enemy in this world. His dad and I used to play golf years ago (he is maybe 15 years older than me) and ran track at LA Tech back in the day.  Lots of funny campfire stories about drew and all of his good doings over the years. 

Drove by DFF on the way to my class orientation today.  Some pitchers out there on the field doing long-toss, construction on the indoor practice facility behind RF line taking place vigorously.  Parking lot and concourse and walkway enhancements.  Even parking lot lines behind refreshed.  Had a cool, upbeat vibe to it all.  Only tough part to remember is first 4 games are on the road.  But we're getting so close.  

On 1/8/2019 at 12:19 AM, Fletch said:

Fucking shit I’m pumped for this season. @texasstrong12 @Machinator, any predictions on starting lineups and pitching rotation and all that? 

Off topic but whatever happened to fat joe left Atlantic? Miss that guys contributions 

I haven't dug in yet, but looks like the official roster is out.

https://texassports.com/roster.aspx?path=baseball

Yeah, I thought that looked a little too "robust."

Sidenote-I'm sure I'm wrong and haven't gone back to look at previous rosters, but this looks like the most lettermen seniors we've had on the team in a long time.  

On 1/8/2019 at 1:19 AM, Fletch said:

Fucking shit I’m pumped for this season. @texasstrong12 @Machinator, any predictions on starting lineups and pitching rotation and all that? 

Off topic but whatever happened to fat joe left Atlantic? Miss that guys contributions 

With the downturn in the music industry, once he left Atlantic, there was nowhere else to go... 

In other news, I don't miss that guy at all.

• Like 2

Wow, I didn't think we'd be Top 15 or anything, but not even the "other" category...ouch?  We do have some holes to fill to be sure, but for the first time in a long time---we have a filthy deep and talented freshman class.  If we're honest, other than a few key outliers, we were trailing off in recruiting big time---even in Pearce's first class.  

17 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Wow, I didn't think we'd be Top 15 or anything, but not even the "other" category...ouch?  We do have some holes to fill to be sure, but for the first time in a long time---we have a filthy deep and talented freshman class.  If we're honest, other than a few key outliers, we were trailing off in recruiting big time---even in Pearce's first class.  

Holes for sure ... one of gaping proportion for the guy who almost singlehandedly carried last year’s team all the way to Omaha. Tall order. 

Would pay more attention to the polls of D1Baseball, Baseball America, and the B12 Coaches Preseason Poll.   D1 Baseball Poll due to be released 14 Jan.

Not familiar with Collegiate Baseball Newspaper (CBN),  but poll is more favorable.

Five Big 12 teams were ranked in the 2019 Preseason Fabulous 40 poll, as released by the Collegiate Baseball newspaper.

All five Big 12 programs are ranked within the top 25 of the poll. 2018 College World Series participants Texas Tech and Texas were ranked No. 4 and 14 respectively. Also in the poll was No. 16 Oklahoma State, No. 19 TCU and No. 21 Baylor.

Big 12 Programs in Collegiate Baseball Preseason Fabulous 40 Poll

4. Texas Tech
14. Texas
16. Oklahoma State
19. TCU
21. Baylor

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10410&ATCLID=211784106

6 hours ago, torre said:

Would pay more attention to the polls of D1Baseball, Baseball America, and the B12 Coaches Preseason Poll.   D1 Baseball Poll due to be released 14 Jan.

Not familiar with Collegiate Baseball Newspaper (CBN),  but poll is more favorable.

Five Big 12 teams were ranked in the 2019 Preseason Fabulous 40 poll, as released by the Collegiate Baseball newspaper.

All five Big 12 programs are ranked within the top 25 of the poll. 2018 College World Series participants Texas Tech and Texas were ranked No. 4 and 14 respectively. Also in the poll was No. 16 Oklahoma State, No. 19 TCU and No. 21 Baylor.

Big 12 Programs in Collegiate Baseball Preseason Fabulous 40 Poll

4. Texas Tech
14. Texas
16. Oklahoma State
19. TCU
21. Baylor

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10410&ATCLID=211784106

Agree. I think we'll end up in the 15-25 range.

The lineup should be deeper but we probably will not have a Kody.

Also need to find two weekend starters.

Edited by Machinator