2019 Texas Baseball Thread

texasstrong12

4 hours ago, Machinator said:

12 to 14 still in the mix eh? I was interested who was going to be playing first base today for the Alumni and Tate Shaw was...not what I expected. But based on that statement I shouldn't get too comfortable seeing him over there. Still that was some outside the box thinking by Pierce.

15 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

12 to 14 still in the mix eh? I was interested who was going to be playing first base today for the Alumni and Tate Shaw was...not what I expected. But based on that statement I shouldn't get too comfortable seeing him over there. Still that was some outside the box thinking by Pierce.

Shaw seems to be the most athletic of the 1B candidates (Bertelson, Zubia, McCann, Petrinsky).    Maybe another Jake McKenzie.

Though there were no real challenging infield plays,  really impressed with Bryce Reagan.    Love his demeanor - focused,  locked-in.    If you are not aware,  he is from New Hampshire but went to the IMG Academy in Florida to play baseball for his senior year.

On 1/27/2019 at 1:11 PM, Beau Vine said:

When do single game tickets go one sale???  DAMMIT.

PRESALE STARTS AT 9 A.M. CENTRAL TODAY!

As a thank you for your continued support of the Longhorns, Texas Athletics would like to offer you early access to Texas Baseball and Softball single game tickets before they go on sale to the general public Feb. 7.

Please visit TexasSports.com/promos starting at 9 a.m. Central TODAY and enter the promo code BSBPRE19 to take advantage of this special opportunity!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, troph said:

Quick question - stubhub or buy from Belmont? For less than 10 games.

Good question !

Depends on how many seats and desired location.   Recommend calling Bellmont (512-471-3333) and receive individual service instead of online ordering.    One of the minipacks may be an option.    Stubhub normally will offer the better location but with more cost.  

Horns @ Rice tickets on sale next Monday at 9am - https://www1.ticketmaster.com/rice-owls-mens-baseball-vs-texas-longhorns-baseball/event/3A005639B9146887.

Last time the Horns were at Reckling, I remember there were GA tents set up down the LF line. It looks like that section has been moved and upgraded to the RF line.

The batting barn has a new neighbor: the Roost, which in previous years served food and beverages from a tent down the left-field line and near the visitors’ bullpen.

The Roost is now located along the first-base side and has considerable upgrades. The fully air-conditioned indoor facility features its own restrooms, lobby and service area, as well as a tiered outdoor patio that is close to the action but protected by newly installed netting. It will also serve as host to private events on nongame days. The new facility was made possible by a private donation, according to Tanner Gardner, Rice Athletics’ chief operating officer.

source: http://news.rice.edu/2018/02/19/reckling-park-opens-baseball-season-with-a-few-new-upgrades/

Anyone know anything about the GA areas at Reckling? Does a GA ticket get you access to The Roost, or is that a separate ticket altogether? Can you BYOB to the Outfield Hill area?

31452s.gif