2018 MLB Thread

Netzer

Utley DL’d with some fake injury for Turner, Moose sits against Kershaw. 

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Bump.

I can recognize an ass-beating when I see one, and the Red Sox handed one out tonight. Get them back tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday to slowly gain ground in the standings.

“The great thing about the future is that it happens one day at a time.”

• Like 1

Dodgers woodsheding the Brewers 21-5

2 Brewers PPP to finish that one out (including Kratz making his 3rd appearance this year. brought his era down to 3.00)

That combined with Valencia coming in to K Gallo in the Rangers/ Orioles game made a total of 3 more PPP tonight.

Can someone help me understand if we’re seeing more blowouts than normal at this point in the year?

Trying to figure out if a) a mercy rule needs to be considered or b) Manfred needs to quit focusing on where infielders are positioned behind the mound and start focusing on keeping them off it.
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Fozzz said:

Sonny Gray to the pen.  Yankees rotation really is dog shit outside of Severino.  Loaisiga might be their second best starter when he returns and he's pitched all of 18 major league innings in his life.

Tanaka and his 1.75 ERA after coming back from injury say hi.

1 hour ago, Fozzz said:

MLB released their top ten farm list.  Astros are at #9.  Having trouble finding that team from Arlington on this list.

https://www.mlb.com/news/top-10-farm-systems-in-mlb/c-288576958?tid=151437456

If you want to look up a couple posts, you’ll notice one team has 4 top 100 prospects and the other has 3. 

29 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Also the Yankees are 7th in the MLB in Quality Starts. That’s doesnt support your “dogshit” theory.

The Yankees have one starting pitcher with a FIP that is better than league average. That's pretty shitty.  Dogshit-like.   

8 minutes ago, TheFlagship said:

If you want to look up a couple posts, you’ll notice one team has 4 top 100 prospects and the other has 3. 

I did see that.  And yet the same people who evaluated the Rangers' farm as having four top 100 prospects do not believe that the Rangers have a top ten farm.  Probably because none of those four are really elite (the highest rated prospect, Taveras, is #42 on their list) and their farm has no depth.  I don't know why they still rate Willie as a top 50 prospect considering he's nearly 24 and has been around average as a hitter in RR this season.  It's not like Willie can rely on his glove or wheels for providing value. lol

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
5 hours ago, Fozzz said:
MLB released their top ten farm list.  Astros are at #9.  Having trouble finding that team from Arlington on this list.
https://www.mlb.com/news/top-10-farm-systems-in-mlb/c-288576958?tid=151437456

Still have the Rangers on your mind. Very Aggy like.

incorrect, we've actually won a title