2018 MLB Thread

Netzer

3 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

That draft pick would be a 4th-rounder because of their payroll, if I'm understanding the rules correctly.

The rules are confusing right now until we get to see something set in stone.  3 quality prospects is a hell of a lot better than a 4th round pick.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

Sounds like Dozier to LAD & Gausman to Atl. That’s a shit-ton of 2Bs for the Dodgers. 

This is why the Dodgers value versatility so much.  Taylor will play ss and Machado 3B while Turner is out.  Muncy at 1st with Dozier at second.  Bellinger, Kemp and puig in the OF.

5 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

Has this deadline been a lot more active than the past couple of years? No real blockbusters outside of Manny but a shitton of smaller moves.

hand, britton, and osuna were pretty big moves, as far as talented closers go.

archer is pretty damn big.

5 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

hand, britton, and osuna were pretty big moves, as far as talented closers go.

archer is pretty damn big.

Agreed on the closers. But as @spystud13 mentioned the names are pretty big, but some of these names are banking on a change of scenery. Archer hasn't posted an ERA under 4 since 2015 and the HR's have shot up. But he is a guy I still like, and a great clubhouse guy. 

Today’s the deadline so that’s the traffic, but let’s also welcome Adrian beltre to the 1500 runs scored club. 

Still outside the top 50 but another nice round number to throw out there for him. 

I think the only milestones left that he has a shot at is the 500 hr and 100 WAR, but neither look likely at this point unless he has 2 more productive seasons without injury. 

That shit sucks.  I had it a few years ago.  The bottom of my feet were covered in blisters and eventually all of the skin peeled off.  You feel like you have the flu for a couple of days for good measure.

Edited by kevwun

Biggest loser from trade day?

Adam Jones has to be up there. Had his whole squad traded. Is on a 32 win team. Talks that there was a trade to send him to philly but he didn't want to go.

At least he still gets his paychecks i guess so he is completely losing

21 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Biggest loser from trade day?

Adam Jones has to be up there. Had his whole squad traded. Is on a 32 win team. Talks that there was a trade to send him to philly but he didn't want to go.

At least he still gets his paychecks i guess so he is completely losing

His reasons were family and his charity.  Admirable I guess, but moving less than two hours away and playing for a winner doesn't seem to conflict with those things that much.  Sounds more like he is just content to draw a paycheck.