2018 MLB Thread

Netzer

1 minute ago, TheFlagship said:

Eugenio?

close. I'm playing against Suarez in fantasy this week, and he has in fact been going off. What, five straight games with a HR? Unfortunately, the guy I'm playing (beer) also employs the asnwer to this latest 'who am i?'. yeah, i'm getting destroyed this week.

11 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

close. I'm playing against Suarez in fantasy this week, and he has in fact been going off. What, five straight games with a HR? Unfortunately, the guy I'm playing (beer) also employs the asnwer to this latest 'who am i?'. yeah, i'm getting destroyed this week.

Ahh it’s Hoskins. He’s en fuego 

• Like 1

In today’s edition of Baseball Announcers are Bad, Joe Simpson called the dodgers unprofessional for wearing T Shirts to batting practice. 

Hey Joe, maybe the Braves should try the t-shirt thing in BP tomorrow.
Dodgers go for the 4 game sweep tomorrow.
Braves have scored 4 runs through the first 3 this weekend.

4 hours ago, TheFlagship said:

Its as if the Onion did baseball broadcasts

who. gives. a. fuck.

this is why joe maddon is one of my man crushes. he hates shit like this. he says he doesn't believe in getting to the park way early just to prove that he's in charge, and says "if you get to the park six hours early every day it just means you have no life outside of baseball." get to work when you need to get there; get your shit handled however you need to get it done, so long as it's done. and don't do anything like this just for appearances. if only you could have an attitude like that and win...

Edited by Goo Punch

5 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Man, I'll say it...

If I'm the Astros, I call Washington and tell them they can pick any three minor leaguers not named Tucker or Whitley in exchange for Harper.

43 minutes ago, Helobious said:

And what would you say to them after they finish laughing?

If you don’t think Washington would jump on that then you are an even bigger idiot than I thought. 

Edited by TonyTexas

11 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

you know that Harper is going to be a FA at the end of this year with teams like the Cubs and Yankees willing to give him stupid money right? 

The Yankees have no interest in him, they may engage to drive up the price for other teams but that's it. I just can't imagine why the Nats would give him up for non-elite prospects. The Nats have talent they just haven't performed, and the bottom line is they have 2 months to make up 6 games for a playoff spot. Far crazier things have happened. 

7 minutes ago, Helobious said:

The Yankees have no interest in him, they may engage to drive up the price for other teams but that's it. I just can't imagine why the Nats would give him up for non-elite prospects. The Nats have talent they just haven't performed, and the bottom line is they have 2 months to make up 6 games for a playoff spot. Far crazier things have happened. 

yep, the 11th best team in the national league has nothing to worry about.

9 minutes ago, Helobious said:

First off the Yankees are interested in everyone. Second, the Nats are not a title contender, and don't look to be one going forward. Third, nobody said anything about trading him for "non-elite propsects." Fourth, the idea that the Nats are going to laugh at/hang up on a team who's offer 3 of their top prospects for Harper is absurd.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

First off the Yankees are interested in everyone. Second, the Nats are not a title contender, and don't look to be one going forward. Third, nobody said anything about trading him for "non-elite propsects." Fourth, the idea that the Nats are going to laugh at/hang up on a team who's offer 3 of their top prospects for Harper is absurd.

Beau's original post said that the Astros two best prospects were to be off the table, so excellent reading ability on your part. The Astros don't really have any good prospects outside those 2, so the Nats would be giving Harper away almost for free. They have that Alvarez dude but I'm not even sure if he's a unanimous top 50 prospect. 

Edited by Helobious

helo - to answer your question definitively, if the astros gave washington their 3rd, 4th, and 5th best system prospects, most astros fans would be furious, and that would be far and away the best offer washington would hear.

since you compared that to "letting him go for nothing", i would assume that's exactly what they're going to get for him - nothing.  when he leaves after the season.