2018 MLB Thread

Netzer

1 hour ago, TheFlagship said:

Matt Carpenter is unconscious. 5-5 with 3 bombs and 2 doubles today 

and he gets pulled after 6 for no discernible reason. 

also, according to mlb network, carpenter is onkyyhe second player ever to go 5/5 with 3 hr and 2 2B; Kris Bryant is the other.

what, he can't play three more innings like everyone else on his team? the guy has a chance for history and you bench him, when you could just as easily sit him down or take him out tomorrow if it's that important. there's no reason to take a guy out who's in the middle of a historic day at the plate.

Edited by Goo Punch

11 hours ago, Rustic Horn said:

Does this sound like a manager who's confident and in control?

"We had a really good conversation, I'll just say that," Martinez said. "It was addressed. Look, they're very competitive. Everybody is. I'm glad we talked. It's over. Let's move forward. These guys are professionals. We're good. I'm good that we had the conversation. This stuff happens. I've been on teams where guys wanted to choke each other. It's a long season. They get it. They understand. We talk about it. I don't want to lose sleep about it. It was a really good conversation. I'll just leave it at that. Things are good."

John J. Healy (October 27, 1866 – March 16, 1899), nicknamed "Egyptian" and "Long John", was a pitcher in Major League Baseball. Healy played for the St. Louis Maroons, Indianapolis Hoosiers, Washington Nationals, Chicago White Stockings, Toledo Maumees, Baltimore Orioles, and Louisville Colonels from 1885 to 1892. He was 6 feet 2 inches (1.88 m) tall and weighed 158 pounds (72 kg).[1]

Career[edit]

Healy was born in Cairo, Illinois (hence his nickname) in 1866.

Wouldn't have been my first guess for why they called him Egyptian

Those watching Sea/white sox may have heard this, but trivia time:

Which player leads the MLB in 4 hit games this season with 5?

I was going to ask why they were talking about Altuve in the White Sox/M’s game, but checked and he only has 4.

So I’ll say Segura

Edit: nope. segura has....1 four hit game this year.

I was going to ask why they were talking about Altuve in the White Sox/M’s game, but checked and he only has 4.

So I’ll say Segura
Nope... its someone that no one probably figures would have the lead. I was pretty shocked when i heard it