2018 MLB Thread

Netzer

It would fucking suck to have nets all the way down the line. It would keep clubs from being sued from hits like that, that aren't saved by the grown men who we make fun of for bringing their gloves to the ballpark. One of the first things they teach you in Tball is not to take your eye off the ball. Fielding, hitting, or otherwise. Being a fan in the seats is no different. They already don't let fans walk down the aisles while the ball is in play. Teach your kids ballpark etiquette, which includes watching the ball at all times. It will keep them from being injured. 

Jesus Christ that’s scary stuff right there. They need to go ahead and put netting all the way into short left field so we don’t have to count on 40+ middle aged men saving people because they brought their gloves. Especially when you think about how glued everyone is to their smartphones. 

Agreed, but fucking parents need to quit that shit. And at Wrigley of all fucking parks.

8 hours ago, thetruth said:

It would fucking suck to have nets all the way down the line. It would keep clubs from being sued from hits like that, that aren't saved by the grown men who we make fun of for bringing their gloves to the ballpark. One of the first things they teach you in Tball is not to take your eye off the ball. Fielding, hitting, or otherwise. Being a fan in the seats is no different. They already don't let fans walk down the aisles while the ball is in play. Teach your kids ballpark etiquette, which includes watching the ball at all times. It will keep them from being injured. 

I think nets are an overreaction but expecting even seasoned adults to maintain focus for 3+ hours is pretty tough. There's plenty of room for distraction in all that time.

• Like 2

On 7/21/2018 at 3:55 PM, TheFlagship said:

Familia trade to A’s official.

He's been instantly effective - critical to our sweep against the Rangers. It also means we don't have to work Trivino and Treinen onto the DL before September. Nice to see a trade have immediate value.

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Well if you can beat the rangers, you’re well on your way. 

Hah yeah, the Rangers suck, but going as long as those games did, we'd have been giving high-leverage innings to Wendelken and (barf) Hatcher instead.

Edited by texifornia

3 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

Moose to Brewers, Brett Phillips one of two going back. 

Do they still have Travis Shaw? Has he been that bad this year?

Im actually watching the brewers game right now for fantasy baseball purposes, and unless I just missed it, their crew has no idea.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

14 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

greinke was the answer to my "who am i" btw. dude is pitching like he wants some hardware.

I hope I don't put the curse on him, but he has been amazing to watch.

Fastball around 90, "changeup" at 87, curve in the 60s, and he's spotting everything better than anyone in the league.

Plus, he might be both the best fielding pitcher and the best hitting pitcher in MLB.

Edited by Beau Vine