Super Bowl LVII Food & Drink Thread

South Austin

So I’m bored with no football this weekend and am already thinking about my Super Bowl Sunday menu. I’m tentatively planning on starting with Bloody Mary’s and grilled pimento cheese and bacon sandwiches, followed later in the afternoon with Louisiana crab dip and buffalo chicken dip. Will try to remember to post pics.

What’s on your menus?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 2/5/2023 at 2:34 PM, 4th&Five said:

A friend is having Portillo’s Italian Beef Sammy’s flown down from Chicago for our party. I’ve been told I should be excited but I’ve never been there so we’ll see. 

soggy bread and little to no seasoning on their meat, yes be excited 

• Haha 2

Putting ribs on the smoker around 10-11 to be done by kick off.  Hhaving Bloody Marys around noon while I watch ISU wrestling or the Iowa/Minnesota basketball game as a warm up.  Beer for the game.

Unsure of snacks throughout the day.  Might toss some queso on the smoker to have ahead of the ribs.

I'm sippin' a black and tan made with Guinness and Harp.

Dinner tonight will be a choice Rib Roast with my mother's rub (black pepper, mustard, rosemary, garlic and -- my addition -- salt) with a green onion dip, and homemade rosemary parmesan bread I started a few hours back.

The green onions and rosemary are all fresh from our garden.

• Hook 'Em 2