Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This one is on Bochy. Fuck this bullshit.

I love how some of us actually follow this team game to game over the season and then some of y'all just wait until there are massive games at stake before sharing your opinions. 

We're gonna win this division. You can quote me on it. In fact, in March I called us winning 91 games.

Screenshot_20230928_224334_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4e0fe21df47ddfd95a4f6ba6d541ff18.jpg

What a coincidence that 91 gets us a division title. 

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
5 minutes ago, FartingDreamer said:
Now I'm starting to worry that we're going to choke away this series and lose the next three games or atleast the dvision to those cheating fuckers down south.  

Would be 2012 in Oakland all over again.

did Chapman drink 37 Red Bulls today like 2012 Josh Hamilton?

• Haha 2

We don't have a good option at closer. Chapman has 4 saves and 4 blown saves. He's been so bad in high leverage situations this year but he's been this way for a couple years. And as bad as he's been, leclerc has been worse this year. But last year Jose was much much better. If it's me making the decisions I roll with Jose as my 8th and 9th inning guy and Chapman doesn't sniff a save situation.

5 hours ago, ztejas said:

I mean I like that some of you are being drawn out of the woodwork. This could be a fun postseason thread after we snag the 2 seed. 

Just be careful about how much of a bitchass you're being. 

stop it. don't ruin this thread with your inflated self importance.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

8 hours ago, ztejas said:

I love how some of us actually follow this team game to game over the season and then some of y'all just wait until there are massive games at stake before sharing your opinions. 

everyone here is 40 and 50 years old, rooting for this team since ruben sierra.  this thread isn't some magical badge of fandom.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 9/23/2023 at 5:28 PM, ztejas said:

I could use a girlfriend. I have too much time to watch sports and post in game threads. I follow and watch:

College football (religiously)

College basketball (mainly Texas)

College baseball (just Texas)

NFL

NBA (religiously)

MLB (mainly Rangers)

Golf 

National team soccer (mainly US)

Club soccer (MLS, Premier League, Champions League, Serie A now)

I mean I watch the fucking WNBA sometimes. There are very few posters here that follow as much shit as I do. 

47 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

everyone here is 40 and 50 years old, rooting for this team since ruben sierra.  this thread isn't some magical badge of fandom.

Yeah, I'm guessing a lot of us don't post from the phone and I feel zero need to log in to my laptop and vent or celebrate unless a big win or a big L.  Usually just read the thread next day and move on.  Same with Stars and Mavs.  As for last night, I still can't get over the fact Chapman went into that game. Newberg posted Chapman stats on back to back.  9 IP's.  9 ER's, 15 walks.  It's unfathomable to put him in in that situation last night when you have LeClerk rolling after a 9 pitch inning.  And if the issue is Leclerc pitched Weds night, well, maybe he shouldn't have pitched in a damn 5-0 game.   

Edited by Skipper
  • Like 1

It's been strangely obvious that LeClerc (no longer LePew, for the time being) has been by far the best option to close in the last few weeks, and Chapman should not have been in that conversation. Will Smith is on a milk carton somewhere, where he probably needed to be. But I would have rather seen him out there instead of Chapman.

2 hours ago, Skipper said:

Also, still struggling to understand the defensive alignment in that situation.   If not playing so shallow that's a ball that could be caught.  Coaching meltdown all the way around.

they were playing a few steps in and to pull to prevent the winning run from scoring from 2nd on a single. 

2 hours ago, Skipper said:

Yeah, I'm guessing a lot of us don't post from the phone and I feel zero need to log in to my laptop and vent or celebrate unless a big win or a big L.  Usually just read the thread next day and move on.  Same with Stars and Mavs.  As for last night, I still can't get over the fact Chapman went into that game. Newberg posted Chapman stats on back to back.  9 IP's.  9 ER's, 15 walks.  It's unfathomable to put him in in that situation last night when you have LeClerk rolling after a 9 pitch inning.  And if the issue is Leclerc pitched Weds night, well, maybe he shouldn't have pitched in a damn 5-0 game.   

I didn't watch the game -- clearly not a fan -- but I checked via phone and saw it was 2-1 late innings and knew the bullpen fuckery was imminent. I looked again bottom 9, and it was bases loaded one out.

I didn't even need to scroll down to know it was Chapman who set all that up.

Still confident they'll win the division (or if they don't, holy shit) but Bochy insisting on Chapman is insane.

/bitchassness

44 minutes ago, DougO said:

It's been strangely obvious that LeClerc (no longer LePew, for the time being) has been by far the best option to close in the last few weeks, and Chapman should not have been in that conversation. Will Smith is on a milk carton somewhere, where he probably needed to be. But I would have rather seen him out there instead of Chapman.

With Chapman and LeClerc unavailable will almost certainly see him tonight.  Hoping somehow his reduced role will allow him to get back to form but not counting on it.  The other frustrating part of last night is that the Mariners were absolutely scraping the botom of the barrel in their pen after the Astros series and we didn't do shit with it. Particularly in the 7th the approach was maddening.  I think that guy would have walked the bases loaded if they would have let him.  Oh well.  I'll stop bitching.