Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Lol what a retarded take. Leclerc is paid to throw a baseball he should be able to keep it together. 

like a said he pitched like a pussy but how many times has he pitched, sat for 20 fucking minutes and pitched again? All that bullshit started by Garcia being a fucking idiot.

hit a 3 run homer and cost your team the game by being a dumbass
Leclerc cost this team. He nibbled like a pussy to the 9th hole hitter who hasn't even taken an at bat these playoffs. Then melts down even more and just grooves down the middle because he's so desperate to throw a strike. Mental midget

Just now, mdmost said:

Josh Smith never needs to be pinch running again. Two instances where he could've tried for 3rd and just sat there. You change the whole dynamic of the final at bats if he had tagged up. F'ing gutless.

absolutely, dude could have thrown the ball into the dugout

Leclerc cost this team. He nibbled like a pussy to the 9th hole hitter who hasn't even taken an at bat these playoffs. Then melts down even more and just grooves down the middle because he's so desperate to throw a strike. Mental midget

The bullpen is garbage. It has been for six weeks or more. We had no clue this was going to be a contender last winter. We are way ahead of schedule. Fortify the bullpen, re-sign Montgomery and let’s roll next spring. This team will win a championship.

The bullpen is garbage. It has been for six weeks or more. We had no clue this was going to be a contender last winter. We are way ahead of schedule. Fortify the bullpen, re-sign Montgomery and let’s roll next spring. This team will win a championship.
I'm just never sure about that with my teams anymore. It's always something when it matters to stop them. I get we are way ahead of schedule but that doesn't excuse coming home and losing 3 straight. At the absolute worst, win just one and go back up 3-2.

Never thought Garcia getting hit would set in motion this kind of collapse. This team turned into a bunch of pussies after that. And it bled over into the 9th in both halves. Got 1st and 2nd no out and at worst, could tie it up and extend the game but nope.

7 minutes ago, mdmost said:

When has this franchise ever done that?

well not since 1976 when I went to my first Rangers game vs Baltimore and Reggie Jackson hit a homerun and the relievers gave up about 6 or 7 runs. That's when it started for me. I was a huge Jackson fan though so him hitting a homerun was cool.

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

So how bad do we lose game 6??

probably 6 or 7. they have a chance to show everyone they aren't pussies but I don't expect anything.  LeClerc is the definition but none of these guys save maybe Adolis do I trust in a pressure situation.  Lowe is the LeClerc of the lineup.  just wilts.

18 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I'm just never sure about that with my teams anymore. It's always something when it matters to stop them. I get we are way ahead of schedule but that doesn't excuse coming home and losing 3 straight. At the absolute worst, win just one and go back up 3-2.

Never thought Garcia getting hit would set in motion this kind of collapse. This team turned into a bunch of pussies after that. And it bled over into the 9th in both halves. Got 1st and 2nd no out and at worst, could tie it up and extend the game but nope.

to be honest, Bochy should have been out there telling the umps we don't care, get the fucking game going.

27 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Was Presley warming up when Abreu got tossed?

I’d say it’s pretty unlikely Abreu escapes that inning giving up no runs. That’s a pretty significant screwup in the matter of pride. The delay didn’t help. The resultant changes were worse.

Yep.

Adolis has earned some slack, but he should have just pointed, said fuck you and taken his base. Abreu was giving up runs.

Easier said than done.

That’s the difference between regular season warriors like seager and semien and cold blooded killers like Altuve and yordan who walk the walk. Our stars have folded under the pressure all series. Our only hope is that they suck at home and our players seem to play more relaxed away. To wind 2 in a row is a tough task though.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

to be honest, Bochy should have been out there telling the umps we don't care, get the fucking game going.

Dusty knew exactly what he was doing. Keep extending the game because our closer was on the bench getting cold. Had no way to warm up since he was already in the game. And this stems from another problem. Chapman, our 8th inning guy, gives the coaches no confidence that the slightest bit of adversity causes him to get pulled. Had Chapman been able to get out of the 8th, Leclerc could have been out in the pen warming up the entire time of the little skirmish. 

2 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

They let toothpick man hustle them.  Relievers and starters are a different breed.  Relievers get amped up and want to go....they sit that long and you often see them lose something.  Leclerc may be a pussy, but that 20 minutes with nothing to show for it was not helpful at all.

I'd give him a pass if I hadn't seen him fold under pressure time and time again.

33 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Josh Smith never needs to be pinch running again. Two instances where he could've tried for 3rd and just sat there. You change the whole dynamic of the final at bats if he had tagged up. F'ing gutless.

Is it gutless, stupid or poorly coached?

Honest question because I don't know how those situations are taught/trained.

Definitely seemed like an easy tag and make it to 3rd play.

2 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

They let toothpick man hustle them.  Relievers and starters are a different breed.  Relievers get amped up and want to go....they sit that long and you often see them lose something.  Leclerc may be a pussy, but that 20 minutes with nothing to show for it was not helpful at all.

But his approach to the 8th and 9th guy were dogshit. Especially to the 9th hole. I get he sat too long but for those guys, all you need to do is throw strikes and make them beat you with their bats. No idea why Maddux didn't go out there to talk to him after walking a guy who hasn't even seen an at bat this postseason. 

1 minute ago, gofuckyourself said:

the 3rd base coach should be yelling at him to tag but who knows.

1 minute ago, gofuckyourself said:

Not sure either. You would think the 3rd base coach would be telling him to stay or go. Or at a minimum they signal the decision ahead of time. If he flies out, you still go. I'd love Bouchy to give some clarification on that but he won't. I'm also waiting for Bouchy to show some of the shit that helped him win multiple rings because it doesn't seem to be something he's capable of conjuring up the past 3 games after getting a 2-0 lead. 

46 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

First and second, nobody out the last three half-innings.

Our two, we got jack shit. Their one, they hit a fucking 3-run homer.

Fuck…

One of our guys hit a ball much further than their home run, for a loud out. I’m sure the official scorer will take that under consideration when deciding who really won this game.