Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

I just was looking at Kenny's old stats and saw he had like 6 complete games for the Rangers one year and thought damn, that's a ton. 

Then looked at 93 and Kevin Brown had 12 CGs. 12 out of 34 starts. And he didn't even lead the league -- Finley had 13 out of 35 starts.

This year the MLB leader in CGs was 3 - shared by Alcantara in Miami and Lyles at KC.

In 1993 there were about 56 pitchers with 3 or more CGs.

Edited by gofuckyourself
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

i think that's 1993, that's the arlington stadium patch on kenny's left arm we wore that year before we moved into the temple. at first glance i didn't think that was benji gil, thought it was mario diaz. but mario diaz in person is quite short which leads me to think that's benji though i remember him being skinnier at that point of his career.  

Think that’s probably Manny Lee; he played 72 at SS in 1993 and wore #2….

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

In case anyone actually wanted to buy that above posted shirt. I saw someone share it on Facebook. No idea who the people are who sponsor this site and can't vouch for them in any fashion. Just thought the shirt looked pretty cool.

https://blackmoon93.com/campaign/rang2

Im not usually a big fan of shirts with a bunch of shit on the front but the back of that shirt is badass enough to make me not care…

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

394904376_329575643112205_29298831132377

19 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

well, i mean, they needed a second r i guess.

13 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

Robbie Grossman too long?

I would have listed Seager twice.

Just now, Ignatius said:

Im not usually a big fan of shirts with a bunch of shit on the front but the back of that shirt is badass enough to make me not care…

Yeah I think it's pretty cool. I don't love the graphic on the front but I wouldn't be against owning one. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Agreed. I am more for the classic design where there isn't a ton going on but this one is pretty cool. Might get one for me and some of the family. It will end up in the attic one day with all my other Mavs and Rangers shirts that pertained to their deep playoff runs.

4 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

We need our boy @Constant to send that pic to his middle man, maybe Kenny can solve the riddle for us. 

Haha his dad was the middle man. And I think I may have burned that bridge when i sent Bernie a drunken, ‘LETS GO RANGERS’ text 10pm on Monday. He’s ghosting my excitement. 

That was his haircut in ‘92, though. 

IMG_5468.thumb.webp.64bf751a0b87832e4c84deccc76b980e.webp

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

394904376_329575643112205_29298831132377

I guess it's no mistake that nobody from the bullpen made the shirt. But Duran made it. Should have gone with Montgomery over Scherzer, as well, but probably harder to fit on the shirt.

Anyway, pretty ugly front design, though I like the darker blue. Maybe the world championship shirts will look better...hopefully not only worn by starving kids in Ethiopia.

Texas rookie Evan Carter has been an absolute sensation on both sides of the ball in his first postseason – remember, again, that he only made his Major League debut on Sept. 8 – and even though the team usually platoons him with righty Robbie Grossman against lefties, the D-backs don’t have any lefty starters. (They did use lefty Joe Mantiply as an opener once in the NLCS, which they might do again.) 

That should please the thread. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
13 hours ago, gofuckyourself said:
That is an ugly ass shirt.
Also a bootleg, trademark, copyright rip off, etc. Possibly a Geneva Convention violation as well.
0.0% chance the Rangers organization had anything to do with it. Duran? Lol.

Well no shit it isn't an official Rangers shirt.

Yeah, thanks.

I thought it was a joke picture until people started wondering why certain players were excluded, as if it wasn't created by a 13-year-old sweatshop worker in Indonesia firing up his pirated copy of Photoshop while on Wikipedia to get the Rangers' roster.

Anyway, back to the actual World Series.

Looking at going Saturday and price gouging is definitely on at nearest hotels.

Anyone going in from out of town and where y'all staying or recommend?

I haven't been to Globe Life yet but for Game 6 had a great hotel recommendation that was two blocks away. Walking to MMP and back was fantastic. Especially back, lol.

From initial looks I'm guessing there's no "walking distance" places available unless I'm willing to go $800 a night?

Loews looked like one but appears to be fully booked already.

2 hours ago, gofuckyourself said:

I haven't been to Globe Life yet but for Game 6 had a great hotel recommendation that was two blocks away. Walking to MMP and back was fantastic. Especially back, lol.

From initial looks I'm guessing there's no "walking distance" places available unless I'm willing to go $800 a night?

The Cowboys play at home Sunday at noon, so you're going to run into that as well

2 hours ago, gofuckyourself said:

Well one is in Arlington and one is in downtown Houston. I would assume it makes the most sense to just stay in Dallas or somewhere around DFW. 

5 hours ago, gofuckyourself said:

Stayed at the Loews for game 5 of ALCS.  It was expensive, but worth every penny for me and two of my boys.  So convenient and the energy all around was great.

I can only imagine what they are asking for the World Series.  (Looked at its $1700+.  Dayum, that over 3 times what we paid for Game 5)

59 minutes ago, ztejas said:

"The American people support Israel on its war against Hamas and terror - as does this administration. Now watch this pitch."

Theres an old saying in Arizona, I know it is in Texas. Probably in Arizona too. Throw a first pitch for a ball, shame on.... you. Throw a first pitch in the..... I won't be pitching again

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Live by Loews and if I was desperate maybe Sheraton is the only hotel in Arlington I would stay at.

The new Loews across the street from the current one won't be open until February and the Drury down the street will be open in '24 as well. The Sheraton will be open thru the World Cup in '26 and the 30+ floor hotel, Loews 3rd in the area, will be going in next door.

I would recommend trying to find something in Grapevine or downtown FW and using Uber or Lyft.

6 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

8 seasons. Most of any team he played for. 

Interesting, it just felt like he was with the Dodgers forever for some reason.

Regardless when he broke 3000 hits I almost wept for the guy and it is an enshrined sports memory for me. Like when Emmitt Smith broke the all time rushing record.

Edit, meant Dodgers. 

Edited by BeardIP
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

Interesting, it just felt like he was with Boston forever for some reason.

Regardless when he broke 3000 hits I almost wept for the guy and it is an enshrined sports memory for me. Like when Emmitt Smith broke the all time rushing record.

All of one season in Boston. 

7 in LA, 5 in Seattle before you demonstrate your memory again. 

7 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

Interesting, it just felt like he was with Boston forever for some reason.

Dude do you know who Adrian Beltre was? 

Your quip about him barely spending time here made me question my own memory. 

I remember listening to that 3000th hit on the radio. That was very cool. He was a bright spot between pennants. 

Dude do you know who Adrian Beltre was? 
Your quip about him barely spending time here made me question my own memory. 
I remember listening to that 3000th hit on the radio. That was very cool. He was a bright spot between pennants. 
Yep I was at that 3000th hit game. Awesome experience in person. That was the beginning of our decline after having good teams for the first half of the decade. Until now.