Game #12 P.B. - #6 Texas @ Texas Tech, 8pm, ESPN (Tech's Second Super Bowl of the week)

Js1

Texas and Rodney Terry take their Big 12 leading team to Texas Tech after we thoroughly pounded some Hoopie b-holes on Saturday.

Tortillas will be flying in Lubuttock in celebration of Super Bowl Champ Pat Mahomes, who won nothing of note at Texas Tech.

Coach Doubtfire will no doubt have shot up Pop Isaacs with the same super juice Mahomes got on his ankle at halftime for Tech's Super Bowl the Day After the Real Super Bowl.  

Texas is favored by 4 points.

It's also an ESPN doubleheader for the two Big 12 leading Texas hoops teams on the road - #17 women take their 1st place record to Ames against #22 Iowa State on ESPN2 at 6pm. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

This PB shit has gotta stop. The guy is gone. Fuck him. Stop talking about him as if he’s in any way relevant. 

He assembled this entire roster and built the culture.  He's relevant until the season is over when 90% of the roster is gone.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

This PB shit has gotta stop. The guy is gone. Fuck him. Stop talking about him as if he’s in any way relevant. 

It doesn’t have to stop. His relevance will be dictated to some degree by what his career looks like after this. If he ends up never coaching again, his relevance will be minimal. If he coaches again and implodes for one reason or another, his relevance will be minimal. If the Texas basketball program attains elite status without him his relevance will be minimal. 

But if he goes on to have a hall of fame career and Texas flounders at an above average level while he’s doing so, he’s going to remain relevant regardless how many posts you make insisting it’s not so. 

Not to mention, if you’re the superstitious kind (I’m not), it’s working. 

I can’t see the P.B. shit lasting forever. For one thing, it won’t make sense after this season. But for now, I like it. If anything it’s a fuck you to Beard that the season is still on track despite his monumental fuck up. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Js1 said:

He assembled this entire roster and built the culture.  He's relevant until the season is over when 90% of the roster is gone.

He’s as relevant as Herman was in Sark’s first year. He’s gone. He is not relevant anymore. Once someone is dead to us, why do we insist on bringing up their name at all?

6 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

It doesn’t have to stop. His relevance will be dictated to some degree by what his career looks like after this. If he ends up never coaching again, his relevance will be minimal. If he coaches again and implodes for one reason or another, his relevance will be minimal. If the Texas basketball program attains elite status without him his relevance will be minimal. 

But if he goes on to have a hall of fame career and Texas flounders at an above average level while he’s doing so, he’s going to remain relevant regardless how many posts you make insisting it’s not so. 

Not to mention, if you’re the superstitious kind (I’m not), it’s working. 

I can’t see the P.B. shit lasting forever. For one thing, it won’t make sense after this season. But for now, I like it. If anything it’s a fuck you to Beard that the season is still on track despite his monumental fuck up. 

He’ll coach again and coach well. He has no relevance to Texas and won’t ever again. If he has a HOF career, and he may, good for him. It still won’t have any relevance to us. Mentioning his name in game threads is a loser mentality. If you think Beard is getting this “fuck you” message, you’re a loser. I assure you he’s not, and if he was reading this, doesn’t give a shit. Do you also go to protests and shout when nobody else can hear you?

33 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

He’s as relevant as Herman was in Sark’s first year. He’s gone. He is not relevant anymore. Once someone is dead to us, why do we insist on bringing up their name at all?

He’ll coach again and coach well. He has no relevance to Texas and won’t ever again. If he has a HOF career, and he may, good for him. It still won’t have any relevance to us. Mentioning his name in game threads is a loser mentality. If you think Beard is getting this “fuck you” message, you’re a loser. I assure you he’s not, and if he was reading this, doesn’t give a shit. Do you also go to protests and shout when nobody else can hear you?

Do you also think if you repeat a message over and over again it convinces other people you’re right?

What happened to him at Texas will be brought up over and over again regardless of how much success elsewhere he ever achieves. 

And yes, Herman is still relevant. So is Strong, Brown, Mackovic, McWilliams, and Akers. And Royal is very relevant. 

If Texas goes on to become an elite basketball program, his relevancy will be minimized. 

But fight the good fight. I’m pretty indifferent to it. But I’m not going to stop posting about Beard no matter how you feel about it, so you do you. 

And no, I don’t believe Beard reads this board. I hope he doesn’t. I don’t think it’s healthy for people associated with these threads to read them. But regardless if they’re read by the subject or not, I find a catharsis around a big fuck you. Since your thoughts and feelings on the matter don’t make much difference for me, I still find satisfaction from it. 

42 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

@Js1 Please keep the PB thread titles just so we continue to get hissy fits from Triggeredhouse plz...highly entertaining.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

Do you also think if you repeat a message over and over again it convinces other people you’re right?

What happened to him at Texas will be brought up over and over again regardless of how much success elsewhere he ever achieves. 

And yes, Herman is still relevant. So is Strong, Brown, Mackovic, McWilliams, and Akers. And Royal is very relevant. 

If Texas goes on to become an elite basketball program, his relevancy will be minimized. 

But fight the good fight. I’m pretty indifferent to it. But I’m not going to stop posting about Beard no matter how you feel about it, so you do you. 

And no, I don’t believe Beard reads this board. I hope he doesn’t. I don’t think it’s healthy for people associated with these threads to read them. But regardless if they’re read by the subject or not, I find a catharsis around a big fuck you. Since your thoughts and feelings on the matter don’t make much difference for me, I still find satisfaction from it. 

I’ve made 2 posts on the subject, now 3. Herman isn’t relevant and Beard isn’t either. Make longer posts. 

9 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

@Js1 Please keep the PB thread titles just so we continue to get hissy fits from Triggeredhouse plz...highly entertaining.

Oh I don’t really give a shit. I just think you’re embarrassing yourselves. Carry on.