#23 Iowa State @ #8 Texas - 8pm LHN

Js1

Just now, shadow_operative said:

nothing gets lowell's dick hard like watching an opposing team make a come back against Texas. 

Here we go! Iowa State split a two shot FT opportunity after burning all but 3 seconds on the shot clock!

Yeah...pretty exciting come back there Lowell.

10 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

this second half hasn't been our best half of the season, but i know i'm not the only one who is watching this team and thinking, "we can make a run." guard play, experience, (experienced guards for that matter), athleticism, FT shooting, senior role players- oh, and a group of guys who are on an absolute mission. this team has the makeup of a final four team. they really do. 

If you get a focused, locked in Bishop to pair with this Hunter….this team is legit

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, UTexasFight said:

Best part of the night:

rice hits 3 in the first half

my 8 yo son: “who made that?”

me: “Jabari Rice”

My 10 yo daughter who couldn’t care less about sports: “no dad. It’s SIR Jabari.”

yes, ma’am. Yes ma’am it is 

Your daughter is wise beyond her years.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

this second half hasn't been our best half of the season, but i know i'm not the only one who is watching this team and thinking, "we can make a run." guard play, experience, (experienced guards for that matter), athleticism, FT shooting, senior role players- oh, and a group of guys who are on an absolute mission. this team has the makeup of a final four team. they really do. 

Teams with athleticism and offensive skill inside…have been bad matchups for us. Other than that though, yeah i like this squad’s chances against just about errybody!!!

13 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Kansas is going to win its next two (at home against WV and Tech) so we need to split these two road games to play for at least a tie.  

Those are still tricky games. 

Tech has won 4 in a row and both those teams are fighting for their tournament life. A win at Kansas would be huge for either of those teams. 

22 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Best part of the night:

rice hits 3 in the first half

my 8 yo son: “who made that?”

me: “Jabari Rice”

My 10 yo daughter who couldn’t care less about sports: “no dad. It’s SIR Jabari.”

yes, ma’am. Yes ma’am it is 

On Sunday, my four year old son (who has speech development issues) came downstairs and sat on the couch with me. He handed me the remote and said, “Wanna watch football with Daddy.” 

Doesn’t get any better than that. And yes, we watched football— I still have last year’s TX/OU game on the DVR.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Those are still tricky games. 

Tech has won 4 in a row and both those teams are fighting for their tournament life. A win at Kansas would be huge for either of those teams. 

No chance either of those games are within 15.

outside chance we run the table but realistically our chances to win the big 12 outright blew away on the smelly ass Lubbock wind 

Edited by UTexasFight
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

No chance either of those games are within 15.

Maybe but people are undervaluing Tech since they got Aimaq back from injury. 

He's a much better big than Batcho. When Aimaq is healthy he's one of the best bigs in the Big 12. Texas Tech has been in every Big 12 game he's played with a chance to win. 

Texas Tech went from having one of the worst starting bigs (Batcho) to having a really good big (Aimaq). It's not surprising they're winning now. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Rice is my favorite Texas player in quite a while. It’s fun to watch people that know how to play. I wonder if Brock will go into coaching

I could see him becoming a grad assistant for us, float around the coaching ranks then be our head coach in like 20 something years 

11 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Maybe but people are undervaluing Tech since they got Aimaq back from injury. 

He's a much better big than Batcho. When Aimaq is healthy he's one of the best bigs in the Big 12. Texas Tech has been in every Big 12 game he's played with a chance to win. 

Texas Tech went from having one of the worst starting bigs (Batcho) to having a really good big (Aimaq). It's not surprising they're winning now. 

Jury's still out on Batcho, imo. He's had a string of unbelievable bad luck this season with injuries and an illness that caused him to lose like 35 pounds. He tried to come back but it was basically just his corpse shambling around out there. He was pretty good at the start of the season and just got demolished by fate. We'll see if he can bounce back next season if he stays. He has elite athleticism and is a great defender, good rebounder/passer when healthy.

Edited by Brian Fantana