2023 Masters

tx 3 putt

2 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

LOL - you have an interesting view of playing like dogshit.
2022 was pretty shitty alright - major finished 2, 8, T5, 3; I know he hasn't won a major in almost a decade. He also had 3 PGA wins last year and a EuroTour win this year.
But he has set a high bar, and people have high expectations.

He was too far back after Saturday to have any shot at winning at Augusta last year - despite charging into 2nd place. He was 1 off the lead going into the weekend at the US Open then shot a +3 73 on Saturday. He led after R1 at the PGA then went +1 to find himself 5 shots back after Friday. And we all know what happened at St. Andrew's. 

Regardless of what he places he basically without fail has stretches where he falls apart at every major and it's why he hasn't won in 9 years. Like you said - he doesn't have any problems winning outside of that. Either there's something flawed with his approach going into majors or he just can't play well enough to win. 

It's why I think he may need someone like Brooks getting to 5 to make a big shift in the way he prepares and plays at majors. He could do what he did last year 10 more years and still not win. The other guys are just too good. 

And obviously this is with his game completely falling apart this week. He's fliritng with the cut line despite ideal conditions that should favor his game. 

17 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

It's a team effort. Jordan makes a stupid choice and Greller enables it.

its really not.  I know guys like spieth like to talk about the "team".  that is all marketing.  "look at what a nice guy he is, really cares about his serf/caddy."  Unless a caddy gives a wrong yardage, puts 15 clubs in the bag, causes a penalty stroke for some reason, nothing is really his fault.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

And now they aren’t showing anything at all on any of their networks? What in the actual fuck?

Why does this shittastic joke of a network even have Day 1 and 2????

I have a couple options for actual golf on Paramount+

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Koepka is in a good position for this Masters.  If he doesn't back up, folks are gonna have to play their asses off to beat him.

Best chance for Koepka to lose might be due to an injury from wild sex with his crazy wife...

jena-sims-1-1.jpg?resize=782,1024&qualit

Bleeding out after being stabbed by her pointy knees and elbows, eh probably still worth it.

12 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

So Augusta is more like a par 77 instead of 67 for BDC?

have to admit it is fun seeing rochambeau get his clock cleaned.  I like that he shows you can play golf different ways/swing different ways. it was the pretending he's the second coming of albert einstein that drives me nuts.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

have to admit it is fun seeing rochambeau get his clock cleaned.  I like that he shows you can play golf different ways/swing different ways. it was the pretending he's the second coming of albert einstein that drives me nuts.

I don't know if you meant it this way, but when a buddy hits a particularly shitty shot I like to say "interesting, that's one way to play this hole. I've never thought of doing that."

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MirrOlure said:

And now they aren’t showing anything at all on any of their networks? What in the actual fuck?

Why does this shittastic joke of a network even have Day 1 and 2????

Dude, it's the Masters. Why are you trying to watch on TV? The app and/or website is the only way to go. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, MirrOlure said:

It’s amazing how little actual golf ESPN can manage to show….

The TV broadcast hasn't started on ESPN -- they're not allowed to show much (if any) golf on ESPN until 2 central, I think. The only places to see live action is in the app, at Masters.com or on ESPN+.

Sad to see Jason Day leaking oil into the clubhouse. He's one of the few I think could stare down Koepka. It's looking like Rahm is going to have to be the one to chase him down. I don't see Hovland or the aggie amateur holding up, and all of the guys who are sitting at -4 or -5 better get to -8 to have a legit shot.

2 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Lulz. Two damn good players are only 3 back and haven’t even teed off yet

Well they're 5 back right now and going to have their round interrupted by weather this afternoon. 

But you're right. I can't believe I thought Koepka was the obvious favorite and in the driver's seat. 

48 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

And did you know he went to SMU??  And he used to dress like his idol, Payne Stewart??  Who also went to SMU!!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Redneck Mutha said:

And did you know he went to SMU??  And he used to dress like his idol, Payne Stewart??  Who also went to SMU!!

For about 5 seconds, I was picturing him dressed as Captain Kirk. Then I reread your post and laughed at my poor reading skills. 

11 minutes ago, C-Man said:

The Corps Turd now in solo second

He’s easy for me to root for—even though an aggy. I can’t imagine having my dad (lost him fairly early in my life) to Alzheimer’s so young. My aunt was diagnosed with the same disease but in mid sixties. His dad was diagnosed at 46 years old. So sad. Obviously I would prefer Jordan or Scottie to win it all…

I like the message/especially that I now understand how hard it was for his dad to have written that on paper. 

anyway I remember when my aunt was diagnosed and they said she’d have a year to a year and a half of good memory. They were right about that. Still rooting for Bennett to continue to play well. Tomorrow is pretty much going to be an interesting shitshow for everyone if the skies open up as expected. Anybody’s game? 

• Hook 'Em 2