2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 minute ago, WBT said:

Never in doubt.

2.5 back

Where we were 9 games ago. Considering the schedules we’ve played (we had 2 playoff teams- they had the A’s) that treading water through that stretch is A-OK. 
need 2/3 against Seattle and will be able to breathe easier in wild card. 

Think 10-6 would be reasonable headed into the rangers series 

home: 3 mariners, 4 Red Sox, 3 yankees

away- 3 Red Sox, 3 tigers. 

looking at their schedule 9-6 seems reasonable. That would put us 2 down going into that series. 
If we could win 2/3 we’d be right there 1 game back. 
if that happens or even if we are 2 or 3 back after that series I would expect us to run them down, we’ve got 9 with the A’s and Royals, 3 more with AZ to end the year who will likely be trying not at all to win, 3 with a SD team that should open up a can of quit by then and 3 with Baltimore in Houston. We have 3 with Seattle they have 7 with Seattle in the last 10 days. If Seattle stays in the race their schedule is much harder. If they drop out and have nothing to play for that becomes a problem I guess. 

This race is really going to hinge on if we can go something like 7-3 against Boston and Yankees.  If we do that I like our chances a lot  if we go 5-5 I’d slightly favor them  if we go 3-7 or something like that it becomes a huge ducking hill to climb and we are sweating out if we make the playoffs  

Edited by Wulaw Horn

Every time I check the schedule it seems we're playing a >.500 and/or hot team while the Rangers are playing at home, always. That series they took at SF was a surprise because they aren't a great road team. The schedule has been very good to them. I mean jfc they had the Guardians at home followed by the Rays and Dodgers as well, then went on the road and lost to us and San Diego. Then they got to play the ChiSox and MIA at home. Now they get first-place Milwaukee at home this weekend. Godfuckingdamn. Their schedule is giving them blowjobs daily. 

• Rage+1 1

Off day topic:

with how much we all like to bitch at Maldy and “insert-shitty-player-of-the-month here”, who is your most disliked Astro.

not talking about current roster. And I already know who the two most popular answers will be (see spoiler) so tempted to rule them out but curious what y’all have.

Spoiler

Fiers, which I was tempted to rule out because 99% of his hate came for what he did after he was an Astro, not while he was on the team and of course:

85C4A47F-CAFD-432E-98AD-DCF82530E69E.jpeg.f4c1535cd7d38203787e612cb5fb9b2c.jpeg

just still crazy to me both of those guys came in the same trade.

so if not those guys, I guess I have to go with something like Odorizzi. Or the shitty blue Jay trade that brought us sanchez and that Biagini clown. What it is about dipshits and no-hitters on this team?

I’d really like to hear who y’all hated from the mid-80s through ~2000. That was my childhood when I was naive and liked just about everybody before growing up and becoming a typical cynical /surly fan.

Edited by UTexasFight

5 hours ago, Gourmand said:

Every time I check the schedule it seems we're playing a >.500 and/or hot team while the Rangers are playing at home, always. That series they took at SF was a surprise because they aren't a great road team. The schedule has been very good to them. I mean jfc they had the Guardians at home followed by the Rays and Dodgers as well, then went on the road and lost to us and San Diego. Then they got to play the ChiSox and MIA at home. Now they get first-place Milwaukee at home this weekend. Godfuckingdamn. Their schedule is giving them blowjobs daily. 

They’ve played 4 more home games than the Astros. The Astros have the 28th toughest ROS SOS with opponents having a .471 winning %. Rangers have the 13th toughest, playing teams with a .503 winning % the rest of the way. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

They’ve played 4 more home games than the Astros. The Astros have the 28th toughest ROS SOS with opponents having a .471 winning %. Rangers have the 13th toughest, playing teams with a .503 winning % the rest of the way. 

with Maldozero and Strikeouton playing daily, it's the toughest remaining schedule in baseball. 

Edited by Make em eat Taco Bell