2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Yankees seem to be exorcising some October demons on this little regular season series.

Interesting home run trot.

It might get someone earholed if the Astros had a fucking pulse.

Edited by slorch

4 minutes ago, Honeysucklerose said:

You people are insufferable. We aren’t out of the playoffs because of this sweep. Morons man.

No. Not because of this sweep. What’s concerning is that we’re in a dogfight for a winnable division and we have a manager that is playing suboptimal bats every game and making stupid decisions.  And it’s not just one tweak, it’s multiple. There is zero fucking reason dubey should be playing today. Yanier should starts. And don’t get me started on dumb shit like that challenge on fan interference. Make it make sense for me please. 

As Tom Herman once said, winning is hard. It’s even harder when a stubborn dummy is in charge of decision making. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 7

No. Not because of this sweep. What’s concerning is that we’re in a dogfight for a winnable division and we have a manager that is playing suboptimal bats every game and making stupid decisions.  And it’s not just one tweak, it’s multiple. There is zero fucking reason dubey should be playing today. Yanier should starts. And don’t get me started on dumb shit like that challenge on fan interference. Make it make sense for me please. 

As Tom Herman once said, winning is hard. It’s even harder when a stubborn dummy is in charge of decision making. 

Sure it’s concerning, but this isn’t season ending. Continue this into this next series, well, then we may be talking
SWEEP THE LEG

We sweep when it matters

2 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

WTF? MMP shits all over the Dome. I loved the Dome for Oilers games. I hated it for baseball.

was better for baseball, its original intent, than football .  Geez, remember the infield dirt for NFL games? 

Make it pretty and move back. MMP is a curse (ie Enron field)

That’s called a sweep. Shitfucked by the youngest Yankee starting lineups since 1969, 5 rookies from that minor league system you guys talk so much shit about. And you better remember the Martian cause he’ll be probing you for years to come. Fucking fantastic weekend. I’m not saying the empire is back but it’s coming.

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

That’s called a sweep. Shitfucked by the youngest Yankee starting lineups since 1969, 5 rookies from that minor league system you guys talk so much shit about. And you better remember the Martian cause he’ll be probing you for years to come. Fucking fantastic weekend. I’m not saying the empire is back but it’s coming.

earth-wind-fire-september.gif

5 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Congratulations on winning nothing. You must be thrilled.

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Enjoy trick or treating this October. Again.
Maybe we’ll join you this year, but I’ll probably need to buy a new costume. It’s been a while. 

2 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

was better for baseball, its original intent, than football .  Geez, remember the infield dirt for NFL games? 

Right the ballpark we have won 2 WS is cursed and not the Indian burial ground the Dome and NRG is built on. I know you’re trolling. Other than the Randy Johnson games in 1998 and Mike Scott’s no-hitter, the atmosphere sucked with an average of around 20,000 fans. At least the Oilers would have 50,000 people a game at a minimum during the Run N Shoot days.

6 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

We've won five pennants and two World Series calling Minute Maid home.

We won zero of those things calling the Astrodome home.

• Hook 'Em 1

I follow this shit closer than 99% of the population and I have never, on any platform, seen an Astros fan offer an opinion on the Yankees farm system.

Although, I do understand your connection to Jassssson. “We are huge Yankee fans and want to name our son after Jason Giambi but we are too fucking stupid to learn how to spell Jason correctly” must hit close to home.
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Jassssssssson works. I like that.

That’s dumb as fuck so it makes sense you like it. His actual nickname is The Martian because when the yanks signed him as a teen a scout said his skills were out of this world. Oh and fuck his dad I guess for being a Giambi fan and having a unique, creative take on “Jason”. Whatever. The Revenge Tour has left houston.

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

That’s dumb as fuck so it makes sense you like it. His actual nickname is The Martian because when the yanks signed him as a teen a scout said his skills were out of this world. Oh and fuck his dad I guess for being a Giambi fan and having a unique, creative take on “Jason”. Whatever. The Revenge Tour has left houston.

Sorry about your season.

This was our Oakland A’s moment for this year. Getting swept by a last place team guarantees a World Series, am I right?
This was in the write up for the third game of the sweep that day which also had Javier pitching. Not so dissimilar. Everything is on track. Back to back titles incoming.

Cristian Javier threw a respectable five innings on 92 pitches, striking out six in his outing. But home runs continued to plague his July, as the righty-hander surrendered back-to-back solo shots in the second inning to Stephen Vogt and Stephen Piscotty.

• Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

This was our Oakland A’s moment for this year. Getting swept by a last place team guarantees a World Series, am I right?
This was in the write up for the third game of the sweep that day which also had Javier pitching. Not so dissimilar. Everything is on track. Back to back titles incoming.

Cristian Javier threw a respectable five innings on 92 pitches, striking out six in his outing. But home runs continued to plague his July, as the righty-hander surrendered back-to-back solo shots in the second inning to Stephen Vogt and Stephen Piscotty.

Check back Wednesday night. This could go sideways in a hurry.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Right the ballpark we have won 2 WS is cursed and not the Indian burial ground the Dome and NRG is built on. I know you’re trolling. Other than the Randy Johnson games in 1998 and Mike Scott’s no-hitter, the atmosphere sucked with an average of around 20,000 fans. At least the Oilers would have 50,000 people a game at a minimum during the Run N Shoot days.

talent level is much higher than those days.

5 hours ago, Macklemore said:

talent level is much higher than those days.