2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

52 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Still not trying to win. Awesome.

What's tragic is that I can't point to anyone in that lineup and feel he's absolutely going to have a big game tonight. Now, I realize that's sort of true with baseball games in general, but you'd like to think at least one of several great hitters could be counted in here at (some might say past) crunch time. 

28 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

The hardest thing about this September is deciding whether to use the laughing or rage reaction to any given Astros post. 

I’m going with laughing. It’s tragic comedy. Matter of fact, I had this exchange with @Wulaw Horn about a week ago:

Me: I’m embracing the comedic element of all this. Like, Shakespearean comedy, not real comedy.

Wulaw: Shakespeare sucks.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

I’m going with laughing. It’s tragic comedy. Matter of fact, I had this exchange with @Wulaw Horn about a week ago:

Me: I’m embracing the comedic element of all this. Like, Shakespearean comedy, not real comedy.

Wulaw: Shakespeare sucks.

Plus, the two championships and four pennants make it all better, at least for me.

Whatever happens happens. 

• Hook 'Em 1