2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

The bad thing is that we gonna get their best shot tomorrow. 

The good news is, even if we lose tomorrow they will clinch and undoubtedly drink until 4 in the morning, celebrate and play a split squad lineup on Sunday  Should be easy like playing the royals! 

Best news would be if we win tomorrow, Seattle wins again, but the reds lose.  Then, diamondbacks clinch and shut it down, we are guaranteed the playoffs and a win wins us the division. 

That’s the ideal scenario tomorrow. 

I think I wouldn’t pitch JV tomorrow and try to steal a win with France if he’s back. Or Bielak or something like that. That way- if you steal the win you throw Javier Sunday and if you win you get the division. If you lose you have JV and Framber lined up for the WC series with Minnesota. 

I bet we go with JV, but I don’t think that’s how I’d do it now that we have 2 chances to win 1 game. 

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Best news would be if we win tomorrow, Seattle wins again, but the reds lose.  Then, diamondbacks clinch and shut it down, we are guaranteed the playoffs and a win wins us the division. 

This is the way.

We take care of our business and win the next two, I have a feeling one of Castillo or Kirby beats the rangers and we win the division.

Holy shit, I can't believe they pulled that win off! I looked up highlights because I missed it live, but what the fuck was the call on that Abreu "double"???  Did that get reviewed by New York umps?  The ball clearly hits the yellow line on this video, and here's a screenshot I took of it before it changes direction.

image.png.c166d17f1fc27fdb3aa180e73fb543ed.png

https://www.mlb.com/video/jose-abreu-homers-18-on-a-fly-ball-to-center-field-alex-bregman-scores-ky

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Richie sexton off the flag pole in MMP when it was 436 to the pole and he hit it 30 feet up the pole. 

Damn, I would love to see a video of that hit if it exists

Just now, Dutchrudder said:

Holy shit, I can't believe they pulled that win off! I looked up highlights because I missed it live, but what the fuck was the call on that Abreu "double"???  Did that get reviewed by New York umps?  The ball clearly hits the yellow line on this video, and here's a screenshot I took of it before it changes direction.

image.png.c166d17f1fc27fdb3aa180e73fb543ed.png

https://www.mlb.com/video/jose-abreu-homers-18-on-a-fly-ball-to-center-field-alex-bregman-scores-ky

Hitting the yellow line is not a HR. Has to be above the yellow line

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Another game 7 tomorrow 

urquidy stepped up huge 

More like game 6 with us up 3-2. 

8 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Damn, I would love to see a video of that hit if it exists

Hitting the yellow line is not a HR. Has to be above the yellow line

I saw it live. It was amazing.