2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

2 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

Scherzer is going to be on the ropes relatively early.

the game is going to hinge on whether we get a key multi-run hit with runners that are his responsibility (probably around the time Abreu or Brantley are up a 2nd time) or whether we let them get off the hook. 

Fail… twice by Brantley (although that time just a little unlucky)

9 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

@Wulaw Horn has been like an Old Testament prophet this year preaching the truth about the error of the Astros ways. We need to return to the true faith of analytics and run the charlatans and false prophets out of our land. That is what is needed to cleanse our temple to win again at home.

Man I don’t like being this way. 
I love this team. 
it’s been my greatest pleasure as a sports fan to follow these guys. 
it’s just enraging that they had the formula and for no good reason they are going away from it and choosing to be dumb. It’s not even in game decision that you can say oh it’s hard to make decisions on the fly and what not. It’s writing the wrong names on the lineup card in a premeditated way over and over and over. 
Brantley has been the goat today. Double play. Leave the guy at third. Don’t make the play in the OF. Why’s he batting in front of the guy who’s finishing 3rd in the mvp race?  Because we now value small sample size nonsense over who the guy is. 
I mean- I hope I’m wrong and everyone makes fun of me. It could happen. Anything can happen in a small sample size. It’s still dumb. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1