2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Just now, TonyTexas said:

The problem with playing the lefty/righty game for the Astros offense is the Rangers have 5 lefties in their pen

Yordan doesn't care and Tucker doesn't either when he's actually hitting. I think the Brantley AB there was worth it if there was 1 out. I can see why they kept Pena with 2 outs because of his defense.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

Brantley isn’t hopeless against LHP so I’d have done it. He just doesn’t have any thump. 

Plus, you can't take Sborz out once you announce him until he faced 3 batters. He would have had to face Brantley with the game on the line. It was just a fucking stupid decision in real time and after the fact.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, UTHornFan014 said:

Two fuck ups by Dusty in one inning. Not pinch hitting Brantley for Chas and then not having someone ready in the pen. 

He is an idiots idiot

Just now, TexArcher said:

I'm gonna go take a shit and name it Dusty.

Drop some Dustys off at the pool

Just now, tx 3 putt said:

their should have been a damn mound visit between all that, I have a no issue jv being in there. he was at 70 pitches

If it was 35 year old Verlander sure, 40-year old Verlander needs a short lease when your bullpen is rested and ready. There is no urgency with Dusty, which is why he sucks as a manager.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

there should have been a damn mound visit between all that, I have no issue jv being in there. he was at 70 pitches

There was one right before the HR

I don't have any problem with how it played out either.  Shit happens.  Neris has already given up 3 big HRs in the playoffs too.