2023 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Jassssssssson getting called up?

Yep, on Friday. Along with Austin Wells. Jasson will be the youngest player on a Yankee roster since Melky Cabrera in 2005 (who was also 20). 

The last prospect I followed so religiously since the day they were acquired was seriously Aaron Judge. I might actually shed a tear when Dominguez takes his first AB. The Martian has landed.

8 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Dodgers are 24-4 in August and still can't catch the Braves, who are coming to Chavez tomorrow for 4. Should be a fun series.

Yep, looking forward to this series. Two best teams in baseball. But I think the Dodgers are a distant second to the Braves. 

In a swift retooling of the pitching staff, the Guardians have claimed right-handers Lucas Giolito and Reynaldo Lopez and lefty Matt Moore off waivers from the Angels. It’s a sudden, jarring final push to salvage a postseason appearance by Cleveland — one that would have seemed impossible just 72 hours ago. 

34 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

And Cincy got Bader & Renfroe. 

Poor Grichuk. 

I thought it was odd that he wasn't claimed because I thought he was a good bat, but then I looked up his recent stats and Grichuk only hit .168 in 101 ABs for the Angels. He was hitting .308 for the Rockies before the trade. What an incredible collapse by this dude, and kudos to the Rockies for offloading his salary and gaining a prospect in the process. 

Edited by Dutchrudder

9 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

Going up against Utah/Florida scares you to death.

Apparently, even more than Bills/Chiefs next Thursday when 6 games are scheduled 

Lions/Chiefs, but yeah, still the NFL kickoff.

Thursday's just a good natural off day, so it happens.  It was definitely weird seeing just 4 games for Thursday though.

Edited by slorch

On 9/1/2023 at 11:39 AM, Helobious said:

Jasson Dominguez debuts tonight. A guy nicknamed the martian going yard in space city this weekend would be too perfect 

Took verlander deep Friday, Javier tonight. Homers off the 2 best astro pitchers his first weekend in the bigs is a pretty big deal.