2023 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

55 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

lolno:

Broadcast showed an angle where you could clearly see his foot get in under the tag and hit the plate. Wong (who I learned existed today) had to bring the glove up to his chest to field the hop and couldn’t get the tag down in time. They got the call wrong. 

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

.6703e2d2df1fa4738cc1c8e0d6049729.jpg

“So that’s what we’re going to do. We’re going to raise prices massively now so that we have a shot to sign these guys when they reach free agency.

Then, when they actually reach free agency, we’ll give them a token long term offer that we know they’ll turn down, claim we did all we could to re-sign them, and pocket that massive price raise.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Is he trying to make it sound as if the annual salary for resigning a player is $200MM?

Why are other teams generally competitive in signing FA's, but it's cost prohibitive for the Orioles?

Truth is elusive...

The way Baltimore Downtown and the Inner Harbor are set up is a fantastic gameday experience.  The Orioles do have a rich tradition in a proud city with a great venue.  It doesn't make sense that they cannot be competitive financially, unless...

When you can’t fire yourself... 

The Chicago White Sox fired executive vice president Ken Williams and general manager Rick Hahn, effective immediately, the team announced Tuesday with a news release and social media post.

"Ultimately, the well-worn cliche that professional sports is results-oriented is correct," owner Jerry Reinsdorf said in a statement. "While we have enjoyed successes as an organization and were optimistic heading into the competitive window of this rebuild, this year has proven to be very disappointing for us all on many levels.

"This has led me to the conclusion that the best decision for the organization moving forward is to make a change in our baseball department leadership." 

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/38241494/white-sox-fire-vice-president-ken-williams-gm-rick-hahn

Very pathetic the Red Sox did the postseason-style beer and champaign celebration after the sweep on Sunday. I can’t imagine acting like you won the World Series because you swept a sub .500 team on an 8 game losing streak in the regular season. That’s some next level aggie mentality shit. Of course the Sox are right back to getting their teeth kicked in tonight.

Improperly placed Bob Nightengale tweet goes here. Ooops. He says White Sox will put Getz at GM and Moore as Club Prez.

Chris Getz and Dayton Moore? Really? I don’t know if Getz is a worthy choice or not but I know DM isn’t. Sorry Sox fans. Get ready for faith based baseballing. 

Edited by Shoxthemonkey

16 hours ago, Helobious said:

Very pathetic the Red Sox did the postseason-style beer and champaign celebration after the sweep on Sunday. I can’t imagine acting like you won the World Series because you swept a sub .500 team on an 8 game losing streak in the regular season. That’s some next level aggie mentality shit. Of course the Sox are right back to getting their teeth kicked in tonight.

8931991648_f2f0f01a69_o.gif

17 hours ago, Helobious said:

Legit LOL at shit talking your bandwagon team's rival for being happy about beating your bandwagon team, who is so bad that beating them doesn't even count anymore.

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Legit LOL at shit talking your bandwagon team's rival for being happy about beating your bandwagon team, who is so bad that beating them doesn't even count anymore.

They weren’t just “happy”. They had a full on spraying champagne and beer celebration, plastic over the lockers and goggles and everything. Never in my life heard of a team doing that for a regular season win with no playoff implications. Bush league as fuck.

31 minutes ago, Helobious said:

They weren’t just “happy”. They had a full on spraying champagne and beer celebration, plastic over the lockers and goggles and everything. Never in my life heard of a team doing that for a regular season win with no playoff implications. Bush league as fuck.

If it makes you feel any better the Astros are kicking their asses around this week.  Does that make you feel better?  

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, huge said:

If it makes you feel any better the Astros are kicking their asses around this week.  Does that make you feel better?  

And, at least the Astros won't be sending the Yankees home from the playoffs for like the 14th time in the last decade.

Doesn't that feel better?

Edited by TexArcher