2023 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

I hate the pitchers batting, until this back and forth occurs.

I too was surprised at Acuna's reaction over that particular pitch.  really, that's the one that bugged you?

Edited by slorch

1 hour ago, slorch said:

Yankees rookie Dominguez, The Martian; is likely out for rest of 2023 and 1st half of 2024 with torn UCL in elbow.

https://www.mlb.com/news/yankees-jasson-dominguez-torn-ucl-elbow-ligament

54 minutes ago, patrickdrinksbeer said:

despite him being a yankee, that’s really shitty news

Yeah, that blows.   I can’t even muster up a dig at Helo.

That makes him the 3rd non-pitcher Yankee to tear his UCL since 2019 I think. There’s something wildly horribly wrong with our strength and conditioning staff. Hopefully he gets the surgery now and takes his time coming back. I know Harper returned in like 5 months when he tore his but it took him a couple more months after to get his power back

I think the Greinke 3000 Ks dream is over.

He is 34 away. 1-15 on the season with almost 5.50 ERA. Can barely make it 4 innings on a "good" day. Has probably only 3 more starts left and has been getting like at most 4 Ks a start.

Probably come up about 20 short.

Not sure he will get signed anywhere next year to reach 3000.

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

I think the Greinke 3000 Ks dream is over.

He is 34 away. 1-15 on the season with almost 5.50 ERA. Can barely make it 4 innings on a "good" day. Has probably only 3 more starts left and has been getting like at most 4 Ks a start.

Probably come up about 20 short.

Not sure he will get signed anywhere next year to reach 3000.

Maybe Kansas City will bring him back when he’s 58.

Gil, don’t die yet. We need more updates when a fucking P catches a popup, you goddamn fucking mongoloid. 

Anthony Rendon, speaking publicly for the first time in two months, revealed Friday that he has been diagnosed with a fractured tibia by doctors outside the purview of the Los Angeles Angels. The Angels have consistently described Rendon's injury as a deep bone bruise.

Asked why the Angels didn't initially announce his injury as a fractured tibia, Rendon said, "You got to ask them."

Angels general manager Perry Minasian didn't respond to a request for comment. A source close to the team told ESPN that Rendon initially saw four doctors -- two chosen by the Angels, two chosen by Rendon's side -- that diagnosed him with a deep bone bruise. A fifth doctor diagnosed him with the fractured tibia. Rendon, who didn't provide details on the process, said the fracture diagnosis occurred while the team visited his hometown to play the Houston Astros during the second week of August.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/38409716/angels-rendon-says-injury-fractured-tibia-not-bone-bruise

• Fuck You 1